Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

On 3/21/2024 at 12:44 PM, Captain Ron said:

This is exactly what Swisher and Lemon blew him up in that video about. "I just want ____" He speaks in these vague generalities. But provides no substance to them.

And as pointed out by the followup - they are really cover for at best really simplistic views of the world/"problems" or at worst are a cover for evil thoughts.

Well, to be fair, as a member of the "left wing" I want open borders, unclean and unsafe cities, a bankrupt America; I think racism against all races is great, and as a bonus I want to cut off the dick of every male under the age of 18. So he's got a point. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Lately the bots have been acting up. Currently they are pushing Yosemite National Park as breathtaking and stunning

https://twitter.com/search?q="Yosemite National Park"&src=trend_click&f=live&vertical=trends

This is due to insufficient torque and can be fixed in five minutes at the YMCA in Vidor, Texas. 

• Haha 2

Grimes just publicly announced her new relationship with her boyfriend yesterday on Twitter so naturally Elmo starts tweeting about the Supreme Court. How can members of Congress or the Justice Department stand back and do nothing while he rants about immigrants and government spending? Does he know how much the DoD spends on his fucking satellites? I hope Trump squeezes every last fucking dime from him and leaves him penniless. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Grimes just publicly announced her new relationship with her boyfriend yesterday on Twitter so naturally Elmo starts tweeting about the Supreme Court.

Was he even banging Grimes?  He is miserable it seems.

I’m  laughing at his current topic of choice, given how many batshit conspiracy theories are being promoted on Twitter

And rather than retweeting he just took this image from planetofmemes

GJXyq9mWgAAa-Fg?format=jpg&name=medium

• Haha 1

IMG_4342.thumb.jpeg.85d1177e93bf3658ecdd2207cf8c6178.jpeg

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

NBC: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/fewer-people-using-elon-musks-x-struggles-keep-users-rcna144115

The U.S. user base has been flat or down every month since November 2022, the first full month of Musk’s owning the app, and in total it’s down 23% since then, Sensor Tower said. 

The numbers were nearly as bad worldwide, as daily active users on the mobile app fell to 174 million in February, down 15% from a year earlier, the firm said. The worldwide user base has been flat or down every month during Musk’s tenure began except one, when it grew slightly in October and then resumed falling, according to Sensor Tower. 

And

X said in a post Monday that the worldwide number is higher than what Sensor Tower data shows, with 250 million people using X every day globally. That would still be a decrease from when Musk bought the app. Musk said in 2022 that, at about the time he completed the purchase in late October, Twitter had about 258 million “monetizable daily active users,” the company’s metric at the time. 

X didn’t respond to a request for additional information. 

More funny stuff

Advertisers have also left X, Sensor Tower said, with 75 out of the top 100 U.S. advertisers on X from October 2022 having ceased ad spending on it. 

This is the business case study that's going to be laughed at until the end of time.

Sensor Tower said that, according to its research, X’s revenue from in-app purchases last month was about $9.5 million, including for X subscriptions and payments to creators. 

“This still remains just a fraction of revenue that the company was previously generating from advertising in its last year as a public entity,” Yousef wrote. Twitter in July 2022 reported $1.18 billion in revenue for the previous three months. 

Threads getting downloaded 16x for every one from X

That has translated into a whopping disparity in downloads, according to a second research firm, Apptopia, based in Boston, which said Threads beat X in downloads worldwide by an 8-to-1 ratio in February. 

Downloads were even more lopsided in the U.S. in February, with Threads getting about 16 downloads for every one download of X, Apptopia said. 

Elon:

IMG_4343.png.a3349013f6ab859738c118610ede2e3c.png

IMG_4344.thumb.jpeg.3e1ca42f8ea1121c1bf49e7f6648b8d1.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, F250 said:

If you had to choose an animal that would eat Musk alive, which animal would you choose and why?  

I choose a single squirrel. Each bite should be painful, and it would be a slow death but not so slow that it takes years and he can do more stuff.  This assumes the squirrel is eating nonstop until the job is done. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
Maybe house cat. I’d need to see some feeding rate data.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I choose a single squirrel. Each bite should be painful, and it would be a slow death but not so slow that it takes years and he can do more stuff.  This assumes the squirrel is eating nonstop until the job is done. 

or...and I'm coming a bit out of left field, but what about an aggressive duck? 

once he's done we could give him an honorific celebrating the duck of death. 

Eh forget it im high af

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is outstanding. Even better is that squirrels are so stupid in some regards that the squirrel is likely to stop eating, bury the victim for awhile and then forget where he left said victim thus prolonging the eventual outcome.

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Are we talking about things that fall into the Animal Kingdom?

If so, fire ants.  Why is obvious. 

There's a story that I heard about certain tribes. Someone would be tied down with wet rawhide around their ballsack staked taut near a red ant nest, since this predates the advent of fire ants. That's my choice for him.

On 3/23/2024 at 6:04 PM, NoName said:

IMG_4342.thumb.jpeg.85d1177e93bf3658ecdd2207cf8c6178.jpeg

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

NBC: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/fewer-people-using-elon-musks-x-struggles-keep-users-rcna144115

And

More funny stuff

This is the business case study that's going to be laughed at until the end of time.

Threads getting downloaded 16x for every one from X

Elon:

IMG_4343.png.a3349013f6ab859738c118610ede2e3c.png

IMG_4344.thumb.jpeg.3e1ca42f8ea1121c1bf49e7f6648b8d1.jpeg

Somehow, there is a way to make losing thag many users thay fast look even worse...

IMG_4360.thumb.jpeg.c26c9e662fd8b7fc29fcf3cfbcd2dc73.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Here's the thing about the "everything app" -- there's something to that concept.  How many of us and how many times have we bitched about how every fucking place we go has a "download our app!" push?  And you often NEED to do so in order to conduct business there efficiently?  Shit, I have 4 airline apps, 3 taxi apps, 4 different train/transport apps.  If you want to park....you need this city's parking app, and 5 different private parking company apps (depends on what lot or garage you will use).  Some sort of unified app for a lot of those (e.g., there should be one parking app -- "Parkmaster" or somesuch, each lot has a location code, you use Parkmaster to pay, and you're done).  So, the idea of consolidating functions is not without merit.

The idea of that happening via Twitter/X, which is now a platform for little more than runny shit, is not gonna happen.

Kinda like how trains can absolutely be a good transit option....but trains run by Capital Metro will never, ever be a good transit option.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

Only fair that Twitter was destroyed by its worst poster.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's the thing about the "everything app" -- there's something to that concept. 

I saw something the other day about how he views everything as if he had just read the Cliffs Notes version. I don’t like that analogy because had he actually read the Cliffs Notes on the stuff he talks about, he’d understand why he gets mocked when he talks about free speech or social media or advertising, because it seems like he doesn’t understand those concepts.  

The same applies to the everything app. He wants Twitter to be like the social media apps in Asia where people can do shopping, emailing, watching videos, listening to music, texting, banking, web browsing, etc. all through just one app, and yet he still doesn’t understand why those apps are the way they are in Asia and why they are widely used, and why they never caught on here.  In a lot of cases, the everything apps are popular because of limitations we don’t necessarily have here (bandwidth, data allowances, storage, computing power of the device, connectivity, etc.) .

Yes, the “theres an app for that” culture is annoying as hell, but most of us find core apps (banking, email, web browsing, messaging, etc,) that we are happy with, and that may differ from everybody else, and because we can switch so easily between apps, it’s not much of an issue.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I saw something the other day about how he views everything as if he had just read the Cliffs Notes version. I don’t like that analogy because had he actually read the Cliffs Notes on the stuff he talks about, he’d understand why he gets mocked when he talks about free speech or social media or advertising, because it seems like he doesn’t understand those concepts.  

The same applies to the everything app. He wants Twitter to be like the social media apps in Asia where people can do shopping, emailing, watching videos, listening to music, texting, banking, web browsing, etc. all through just one app, and yet he still doesn’t understand why those apps are the way they are in Asia and why they are widely used, and why they never caught on here.  In a lot of cases, the everything apps are popular because of limitations we don’t necessarily have here (bandwidth, data allowances, storage, computing power of the device, connectivity, etc.) .

Yes, the “theres an app for that” culture is annoying as hell, but most of us find core apps (banking, email, web browsing, messaging, etc,) that we are happy with, and that may differ from everybody else, and because we can switch so easily between apps, it’s not much of an issue.

Good follow up.

I heard a good piece on NPR the other day about streaming services, and it got me thinking about how it applies to apps as well.  The point of the piece was that we've actually reached a point where there are too many streaming services to keep up with, and the very "problem" they were supposed to solve....they have now created (you can spend as much or more than an old cable bill to have the same amount of programming options, and you now HAVE to do so if you want certain key things).  The expert who was talking posited that in the coming years, we'll see failure of streaming services, and consolidation, so that the services cater to particular markets (e.g., Starz is geared more towards women consumers).

I'm not sure how "I have 100 apps on my phone" matches up to this exactly, but I can see retailers and such going in on a "master app," kind of like how restaurants have (Opentable and Resy are the dominant reservation platforms -- each restaurant doesn't have their own).  But I am confident that master app won't be X/Twitter.  It has too much baggage.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Elmo understands free speech about as well as we think he does.  As in, "not at all."

Fun fact: now X gets the pleasure of paying the defendants' attorneys fees, per the California anti-SLAPP statute.  I expect those will be presented and decided at a subsequent hearing (I think they can be awarded in a Fed Ct. action, I saw that they have been awarded in other Ca Fed Ct. actions).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Free Speech only means Amplified White Supremacist Speech.

Well, really, his idiocy on "free speech" is pretty close to that of the moron classes.  They think that "FREEDOM OF SPEECH!" means "freedom from consequences."  That is, they think they can post nazi, racist, trash shit, and it's a violation of their "free speech" for someone to say 'hey, account XYZ looks to be a racist, trash account -- see this shit they posted."

It's the lowest-grade moron approach to "free speech," so of course that's the approach Elmo takes.  Because - and this can't be stated enough - he's actually not that smart.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

What could possibly go wrong.

https://electrek.co/2024/03/25/elon-musk-mandates-tesla-install-demo-full-self-driving-beta-every-new-delivery/

Elon Musk has mandated Tesla employees to install and demo Full Self-Driving Beta for every customer taking delivery in North America.

Full Self-Driving (FSD) Beta is a level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) that automates all aspects of driving on city streets and highways, but it requires the driver’s attention at all times – hence why it is still only a level 2 system despite its name.

Tesla’s goal is to improve the system until it can eventually remove the requirement to have the driver’s attention, making it a true self-driving system.

The automaker is currently rolling out version 12 of its FSD Beta system. which has been touted has a major step forward for the system by powering vehicle controls with neural nets.

Tesla sells its Full Self-Driving package for $12,000 or a $200 a month subscription.

The automaker has never revealed the take rate of the package, but some data would point to a lower than 20% take rate in North America. It is likely much lower globally as other markets don’t have access to FSD Beta.

In order to boost the take rate, Elon Musk has informed Tesla employees this morning to install the FSD Beta software on all new cars being delivered and give short test drives to the new buyers.

The CEO wrote in an email to employees:

Going forward, it is mandatory in North America to install and activate FSD V12.3.1 and take customers on a short test ride before handing over the car.

Musk says that he wants more people to realize “FSD actually works”:

Almost no one actually realizes how well (supervised) FSD actually works.

Spoiler

Over the years, Tesla has continuously cut down on the tasks related to delivering vehicles as it often becomes a bottleneck in the automaker’s operations.

It is not rare these days to take delivery of a Tesla vehicle in minutes and Tesla employees would refer you to videos available on the car’s center display in order to inform the new owners of any functionality inside the vehicle.

Requiring a demo drive with every new delivery is going to greatly increase the delivery workload at Tesla stores and delivery centers.

The CEO seems aware as he finished his email on this note:

I know this will slow down the delivery process, but it is nonetheless a hard requirement.

The new initiative also matches Tesla’s referral program incentives. If a new buyer buys a Tesla with a referral code, they get 3 months of free Full Self-Driving package.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Elmo wants to make Twitter the new AOL, and take us back to the days of walled gardens.

But wait......hear me out.....all Twitter posts that discuss a third-party article or source will have a special code embedded that can take you to that article/source.  That way, Twitter will be your ONE STOP FOR ALL INFORMATION!  No, you can't "click on it," Twitter has disabled that feature.  Instead, Twitter has come up with a cool device that you physically scan over your screen, and it will take you to the article.....

1*s_YTIJOZx2-7Nu7_OSCDfw.jpeg

GENIUS!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6