The War Against Women

12 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Paxton needs to get got, for real.

I seriously have no idea how these people got elected. Who are the people who vote for this clown? 

It’s not just a war on women. It’s also a red state war on employees

It is utterly amazing how brainwashed any woman or drone worker votes Republican. They do not care about you at all. They want to subjugate and control you. They won’t stop until we return to the feudal ages, with us becoming serfs and woman relegated to producing babies and tending home. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

The same people that say women are too promiscuous are the same people that pay for sex. They want to take the freedom of who a woman fucks away. They don’t want her to have the power to say no 

• Hook 'Em 3

Small point of order: Even if it just incrementally nudges the odds of persuading the persuadables, I think "Fuck the GOP" is more worthwhile messaging than "Fuck Texas" in an era of identity politics and when I sense more and more native Texans realize their government reps aren't even from Texas, including Paxton. 

• Hook 'Em 2

When is someone going to raise holy hell about how all of these suits get brought to court in Lubbock/Amarillo?   We know why (friendly GQP judges) but why is the AG of the State of Texas, whose office in Austin, not being casitgated about this in the press?    

Wait, never mind.   The press sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Posted (edited)

Was talking to my wife last night about the Kansas AG’s proposals (she is from there).  And Paxton’s insane moves.  Two of her sisters cannot have children and the youngest one may need IVF to conceive due to some health issues.  She’s become much more moderate in our middle age.  But she’s still Catholic, Midwestern, and apologetic for her super-MAgA family.   I was doing my usual long cat, shitty explanation of what is happening already and it means for the future of our daughters.  And she either doesn’t see it or is in denial because it means turning her back on her family’s belief system.

But I realized in that moment, all my mansplaining aside, this is how it starts.  The mean guys with low self-esteem visiting pain upon women is nothing new.  it’s when multiple-degreed, smart women like my wife find excuses for this shit and when they tell us we’re being alarmist…that’s when I finally realized.  Conformity, apology, even tacit participation are the beginning steps.  The one which really rings the bell though is the gentle one.  “I don’t see what you’re so worked up about. Everything is fine.” 

this is it. This is how it starts.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

there's no fucking way I'd encourage my daughter to go to school in Texas, and frankly I'm already thinking a bit about Chicago and Minneapolis if NC goes any further down the hole. If the job market was different I'd probably be a bit more serious about that.

• Haha 1

It’s Corch Senator, so the willful ignorance / hate is a given, but he’s spreading the message of what the GQP / Christian conservatives think about the role of women. 

And in red states, especially red rural states, I have no idea how you stop it, short of massive voter reversal on the issue or simply leaving.

I think we’ve come down on the side of leaving.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4520058-tuberville-says-britt-picked-as-a-housewife-not-just-a-senator/

11 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

It’s Corch Senator, so the willful ignorance / hate is a given, but he’s spreading the message of what the GQP / Christian conservatives think about the role of women. 

And in red states, especially red rural states, I have no idea how you stop it, short of massive voter reversal on the issue or simply leaving.

I think we’ve come down on the side of leaving.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4520058-tuberville-says-britt-picked-as-a-housewife-not-just-a-senator/

I can assure you this sort of stuff is why many of us leave to Atlanta (and other locales).  Combine it with better opportunity and there you go.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Texas leading the charge, first with all its abortion legislation and now this.

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/02/27/ken-paxton-proxy-votes-congress/

Fuck Texas times eleventy billion.

that judge has no business being a judge. christian jihadist 

there’s a reason maga gqp keeps steering cases his way 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Rage+1 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Came in to congratulate women’s ncaa championship teams for pulling in more viewers, for the first time, than the men’s championship. 

Women's NCAA championship TV ratings crush the men's competition

https://www.npr.org/2024/04/10/1243801501/womens-ncaa-championship-tv-ratings

Posted this on the basketball board. Thought I’d bump this thread to celebrate a good thing.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Posted this on the basketball board. Thought I’d bump this thread to celebrate a good thing.

Countdown till the Texas Legislature passes a law banning the airing of women's basketball, because it's too lesbian-y, or some shit like that....10...9....

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2024 at 8:25 AM, Js1 said:

It is utterly amazing how brainwashed any woman or drone worker votes Republican. They do not care about you at all. They want to subjugate and control you. They won’t stop until we return to the feudal ages, with us becoming serfs and woman relegated to producing babies and tending home. 

You gotta do it if God tells you to. God speaks through the preachers not Jesus.

When God orders you, you save the fetuses even if you reduce women to child-bearing chattel whose sex lives are to be controlled.

When God orders you, you turn away your brothers and sisters fleeing starvation or terror.

When God orders you, you fly a plane into a tall building full of your brothers and sisters.

If God says love all your brothers and sisters, you do it your preacher finds an out for you.

It's fucking unstoppable. Reason all you want; you will not be met with reason. You merely identify yourself as a pawn of the devil.

I can't think of any other explanation for women to vote for the above. Or men. Or anybody.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/9/2024 at 9:11 AM, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Small point of order: Even if it just incrementally nudges the odds of persuading the persuadables, I think "Fuck the GOP" is more worthwhile messaging than "Fuck Texas" in an era of identity politics and when I sense more and more native Texans realize their government reps aren't even from Texas, including Paxton. 

Let's move all the reclining deck chairs to starboard and the striped ones to the stern. Anybody getting chilly?

• Like 1

My wife's best friend is a wonderful person. Kind, caring, volunteers for good causes like helping immigrants. Be there for you in a heartbeat. I love her.

She married a MAGA. I don't know why.  We were concerned.

Recently she and my wife were talking on the phone and she mentioned for Trump in a primary.  My wife and I were horrified.  My wife tried to talk to her but she wasn't having it.  Said the economy was bad.

My wife tried to explain the issues with women's rights and her trying to have a baby. The possible consequences of her vote to her and other women. No dice.

My wife is devastated as am I. We're just sad.  I told her it was only going to get worse.  It honestly feels a little bit like a death in the family.

• Rage+1 4

3 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

My wife's best friend is a wonderful person. Kind, caring, volunteers for good causes like helping immigrants. Be there for you in a heartbeat. I love her.

She married a MAGA. I don't know why.  We were concerned.

Recently she and my wife were talking on the phone and she mentioned for Trump in a primary.  My wife and I were horrified.  My wife tried to talk to her but she wasn't having it.  Said the economy was bad.

My wife tried to explain the issues with women's rights and her trying to have a baby. The possible consequences of her vote to her and other women. No dice.

My wife is devastated as am I. We're just sad.  I told her it was only going to get worse.  It honestly feels a little bit like a death in the family.

Aside from the obvious leopards eating faces part, “the economy is bad” has been tattooed on their brains. It doesn’t matter what reality is. They are permanently in a state of “Dem economy bad, R economy good”. It’s wild. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 3/9/2024 at 7:33 AM, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

GOP: We're pro-life

Also GOP: We want to make it as shitty an experience as possible to create new life. 

GOP is pro-life is the biggest crock of shit ever. They vote against everything which would make people's lives easier. They don't care about babies after they are born. They don't care about providing extra benefits to new mothers and families like health care or child care. They just want to push their bullshit fake christian agenda to make women baby factories. After they mom's give birth, fuck them.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1