Who's the most famous person Rimbo ever met?

Rimbo

Who's the most famous person Rimbo ever met?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the most famous person Rimbo ever met?

• Eric Clapton
    • George W. Bush
    • Bill Cosby
    • Don Meredith
    • Nicole

My kid's friend asked me who the most famous person I ever met was.

After he went home, I thought about my answer, because he didn't know who it was. And realized at least one person I met, he probably had heard of.

But I'm sticking with my first answer anyway.

So who's the most famous person on the list?

Oh, and I met the Vice President of the USA when he was the Vice President. But it's a testament to how low on the totem pole VP of the USA really ranks, that I didn't even think to list him.

(Good guy, though. 10/10 would vote for in the 1984 presidential election)

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, immamac said:

If it's not Bill Cosby I will be disappointed. 

I didn't even remember that I'd actually met the fucker when the kid asked. Of course, that's true for several dozen women who met him, too...

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

I'm fucking ashamed for you that you didn't list Frank Stallone.  Seriously man, it's still Easter season.  He's a walking miracle.  

Also, you're treading on dangerous ground if you brag about meeting Nicole.  She doesn't like the real life publicity, the lake levels are going back up, the scooters are cheaper, and the rainey street bar pours are getting more generous.  

Tread Lightly, Tread Water, or Tread Dead.  As they say...

Julius Peppers (and his special lady friend) DZYbMD-VAAEPulq?format=jpg&name=small

Most recent famous person in a random place?  Charlamagne tha God at a taco shack in the Caribbean.

What do I win?

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Technically, George Bush.

The real debate is who is more famous - Clapton or Bill Cosby. Probably Cosby.

Clapton was the answer I gave. I still think that's the right answer. He was my guitar hero's guitar hero, and as far as I know, has not committed any war crimes nor several dozen rapes. And it's kind of an amusing story. (I did not impress him.)

W was probably the answer he'd recognize. This was back when he was just the lowly owner of the Rangers, before he'd become governor.

Cosby was doing a charity thing for a school in Amarillo. My high school string quartet was summoned to play boring shit while people ate and lined up for photo ops. He pulled us over at the end to let us have a photo, too. I'd been a massive fan of his, since long before his TV show, so it was a big deal to me. That motherfucker.

Met Dandy Don because we were at the same hotel when my family was traveling in Bath, England. "Imagine coming all the way to England just to hang out with another Texan!" --Mom

36 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

He was my guitar hero's guitar hero, and as far as I know, has not committed any war crimes nor several dozen rapes.

You're right. He's more of a run-of-the-mill total piece of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Clapton was the answer I gave. I still think that's the right answer. He was my guitar hero's guitar hero, and as far as I know, has not committed any war crimes nor several dozen rapes. And it's kind of an amusing story. (I did not impress him.)
W was probably the answer he'd recognize. This was back when he was just the lowly owner of the Rangers, before he'd become governor.
Cosby was doing a charity thing for a school in Amarillo. My high school string quartet was summoned to play boring shit while people ate and lined up for photo ops. He pulled us over at the end to let us have a photo, too. I'd been a massive fan of his, since long before his TV show, so it was a big deal to me. That motherfucker.
Met Dandy Don because we were at the same hotel when my family was traveling in Bath, England. "Imagine coming all the way to England just to hang out with another Texan!" --Mom

I was hoping Cosby meeting was in prison

Posted (edited)

Christian Bale and his family, but we wouldn’t acknowledge we knew who they were. Flew from the Brando on a puddle jumper to Tahiti then Covid tested together then got on the plane in business class on air Tahiti and flew to LA together. I mostly talked to his wife. He’s a cool dude and was super attentive to his kids the whole time. Seemed like an A+ dude.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, troph said:

Christian Bale and his family, but we wouldn’t acknowledge we knew who they were. Flew from the Brando on a puddle jumper to Tahiti then Covid tested together then got on the plane in business class on air Tahiti and flew to LA together. I mostly talked to his wife. He’s a cool dude and was super attentive to his kids the whole time. Seemed like an A+ dude.

Did you get his business card? I bet it had raised lettering, Silian Rail. Did it have a watermark?

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, troph said:

My base airport is the same airport as a prominent sportscaster and US Congressman.  I see both of them often enough that we recognize each other and pass casual comments or if we sit next to each other on the flights we converse a bit during the flight.  One of them is Tim Brando. I know, I know. He does like Sark and the Horns in general. I guess the effect of his usual OU broadcast partner has some voodoo on him during the games. The other is Speaker of the House Mike Johnson. Of course he is not flying commercial anymore I guess since I have not seen him since the week before his appointment.

1 minute ago, mininghorn88 said:

My base airport is the same airport as a prominent sportscaster and US Congressman.  I see both of them often enough that we recognize each other and pass casual comments or if we sit next to each other on the flights we converse a bit during the flight.  One of them is Tim Brando. I know, I know. He does like Sark and the Horns in general. I guess the effect of his usual OU broadcast partner has some voodoo on him during the games. The other is Speaker of the House Mike Johnson. Of course he is not flying commercial anymore I guess since I have not seen him since the week before his appointment.

I think the speaker has a 737 but I could be wrong about that.

I haven't met anyone as famous as CHIEF Jr. has. He and a buddy were given Rangers tickets by his buddy's mother that works for XTO Energy. They went to the game and set next to Pudge Rodriguez, W, and Laura. He turned to his buddy and asked him whose seats they are sitting in again? It was Bob Simpson's seats. He said they were all really nice, especially Laura Bush. Said she talked about the ranch at Crawford and her family.

CHIEF

John Cusack in New Orleans for a Texas Tulane game, he was filming something. Muggsy Bogues in the Bahamas, he was high AF.  Mark Cuban at a bar after Texas OU.  Dusty Hill, Smothers Brothers, Cheech, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Jane Seymour, Shooter McGavin, Too Tall Jones, Barry Zito, many I didn’t know or don’t remember at Bohemian Grove.  Sure I’m missing a few, in my mid 20’s I ran high class catering events on the weekends in Northern California.  

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

John Cusack in New Orleans for a Texas Tulane game, he was filming something. Muggsy Bogues in the Bahamas, he was high AF.  Mark Cuban at a bar after Texas OU.  Dusty Hill, Smothers Brothers, Cheech, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Jane Seymour, Shooter McGavin, Too Tall Jones, Barry Zito, many I didn’t know or don’t remember at Bohemian Grove.  Sure I’m missing a few, in my mid 20’s I ran high class catering events on the weekends in Northern California.  

First rule of visiting Bohemian Grove is you don't talk about visiting Bohemian Grove.  

I remember that Tulane game.  We went to some high-end hotel for a nightcap on Friday, and bartender said John Cusack had just left after I got done telling him I was from Chicago (I'm guessing John made some reference to being from there).  Guy says, "But the rest of his party is over there"  Points to a table discretely.  It's Texas-Ex Bruce McGill, Dustin Hoffman, and an absolutely gorgeous Jennifer Beals (I am still smitten to this day), and then some other folks who I didn't know but looked like senior crew members or agents.  Don't know when the movie came out, so maybe it was a wrap party or a 'get to know one another' pre-production deal.  But the movie you're thinking of was "Runaway Jury" with Gene Hackman.  Filmed largely on location in New Orleans.  Somebody on here will know the name of the restaurant they end up pulling their little prank at, I know I've eaten there but can't remember the name or location.  

• Hook 'Em 1