Iran attacks Israel attacks Iran

ztejas

22 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Before we cease tensions could we have some stealth fighters and bombers swing by and obliterate the Iranian Nuclear facilities? Thanks. 

Haven't you seen Top Gun 2? Just need a flight of 4 Super Hornets

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Before we cease tensions could we have some stealth fighters and bombers swing by and obliterate the Iranian Nuclear facilities? Thanks. 

JHxztW.gif

Edited by Hmbre97
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Iran is a pustule.
There is zero fucking reason for Iran to be in hostilities with Israel, yet they have been for decades, because they are a psychotic islamofascist regime.
They’ve been in FA mode for a long time. I don’t mind the FO.
And collectively, we have embarked on a new era of global conflict. It’s stupid as hell, but stupid is humanity’s brand.
Now lots of things go boom.

Call names all you want—right now, Iran is acting pretty rationally. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Iran's Foreign Ministry says attack on Israel "self-defense" after Damascus strike

From CNN's Artemis Moshtaghian

Iran's Foreign Ministry said the country has responded to what it called “the aggressive act of the Zionist regime against the Iranian embassy in Damascus.”

In a statement released on Telegram, the ministry said Iran’s armed forces were “exercising the inherent right of self-defense stipulated in Article 5 of the United Nations Charter and in response to the repeated military aggressions of the Zionist regime and the martyrdom of the official military advisors of Iran who were working in this country [Syria] at the invitation of the Syrian government” and especially in response to the attack on Iran’s consulate in Damascus earlier this month.

“The Islamic Republic of Iran's recourse to defensive measures in exercising the right to self-defense shows Iran's responsible approach to regional and international peace and security at a time when the illegal and genocidal actions by the Zionist apartheid regime against the Palestinian nation and the regime's repeated military aggression…”

The ministry’s statement concluded: “If necessary, the Islamic Republic of Iran will not hesitate to take more defensive measures to protect its legitimate interests against any aggressive military actions and illegal use of force.”

Israel did not confirm it carried out the attack in Damascus on April 1, but denied Iran’s claim that the building hit was a consulate, saying it was a “military building of Quds forces.” 

US forces do not appear to have been targeted in Iran’s attack, officials say

From CNN's Oren Liebermann

US forces have not been targeted in Iran’s attack on Israel or by Iranian proxies so far, according to two US officials. They noted no reports of any US troops being injured.

Officials caution they are still aware of ongoing launches and taking force protection measures.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I dont get it. Are we funding Iran now, too? Fuck I'm so behind. 

The US has a long history of managing to weaponize or fund both sides of a conflict. Usually not at the same time.

1 minute ago, Newdoc said:

The US has a long history of managing to weaponize or fund both sides of a conflict. Usually not at the same time.

I'm fully aware of that. But a conflict involving Iran is one of the few where I would be surprised where we picked up the tab for both sides. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

That depends. How much truth do you want to know? Did we take them missile shopping and hand them our credit card? No. Did we give them a few billion in the vain hopes they would behave themselves? Yes. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I think the tweet is referring to the release of $6B in frozen funds to Iran, the removal of sanctions against Iran, the allowance of Iran to sell petroleum products, and the allowance of Iran to sell drones and other military equipment to Russia to use against Ukraine. I think we give somewhere around $300M in foreign aid, also.

IMO, it is another pretty mindless tweet, though.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

OK, this is interesting to me. They were the last country to stop flights going in and out while this was happening. But now???? Flights to the region are going to get longer if they cannot overfly Iraq.

Kuwait Airways announced it has rerouted all incoming and outgoing flights away from “areas of tension," according to a written statement by the company posted on X Sunday local time.

The airline emphasized its commitment to the safety of its passengers and that its flight schedules will be adjusted according to new routes. Several airlines have announced they are re-routing or canceling flights in the light of Iranian drone and missile strikes against Israel.

Just now, Armybrat said:

It will be interesting to see what else develops from this action.

Have any drones or missiles gotten through to cause damage/casualties?

Only seen 1 post. Kid got hit by falling debris. Critical condition. But seen nothing about damage or such.

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Jordanian jets shoot down dozens of Iranian drones - reports

Jordanian jets have shot down dozens of Iranian drones, two regional security sources have told Reuters.

The drones were intercepted while flying across northern and central Jordan, they said. 

It comes after reports suggested US and British warplanes have downed some drones over the Iraqi-Syria border area. 

Sources have confirmed to Sky News that RAF jets have been involved in the defence of Israel. 

So how do they do it?  Those drones are slow and can only fly in a straight line so do the fighter jets just sneak up behind and shoot them with their gun?

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Call names all you want—right now, Iran is acting pretty rationally. 

Oh, good lord. This is completely disproportionate to a targeted attack in Syria. Rational my ass. 

• Hook 'Em 3

The Walrus is energized tonight. John Bolton on CNN Blaming America for the strike and strongly recommending that Israel goes in hard and destroys any potential nuclear capability of Iran.

He disregards any concerns with escalating the war.    Neocon’s gonna neocon. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

19 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Trying to think of any nation where there is a such a delta between God-tier civilization and shit-tier rulers.  The entire world should team up to Make Iran Persia Again. 

Cyrus isn't walking through that door.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The Walrus is energized tonight. John Bolton on CNN Blaming America for the strike and strongly recommending that Israel goes in hard and destroys any potential nuclear capability of Iran.

He disregards any concerns with escalating the war.    Neocon’s gonna neocon. 

I watched with amazement.  Holy shit balls, he's nuts.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Sirens sound in Golan Heights after 25 projectiles fired from Lebanon, Israeli military says

From CNN's Tamar Michaelis in Jerusalem and Benjamin Brown in London

Sirens have sounded in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights as around 25 projectiles were fired from Lebanon, according to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).

The IDF said sirens sounded in the settlements of Ortal and Sha'al early Sunday. That came after Iran attacked Israel with drones, cruise and ballistic missiles.

It did not specify the type of projectiles fired, or whether they were intercepted.

Earlier Sunday, a barrage of at least 10 rockets was fired from Lebanon towards Israel, an Israeli military spokesperson told CNN.

Sirens sounded in the Upper Galilee region of northern Israel due to the rocket fire, the IDF said in a statement.

On Friday, around 40 rockets were fired at Israel from southern Lebanon, according to the IDF. Lebanon's Iran-backed Hezbollah militants said they had fired the rockets at Israeli artillery positions in response to recent Israeli attacks and in support of Palestinian people in Gaza.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It’s a very rational response. It’s big and showy for the Islamic world to see that Iran isn’t going to take its consulate getting bombed without a response.  But the response is done in such a way that Israel can repel it with little difficulty and virtually no damage.

Israel can declare victory and call it a day based on the performance of its air defenses and the support it has received from its allies.  And, in fact, that’d probably be the smart play.

But it’s not the play that keeps Bibi in office and out of prison. So really no chance of that happening.

It’s pretty clear that with all the leaks about timeline and details ahead of time that this was discussed between all parties. Appropriate show of force but no major civilian targets hit. Israel says 99% of targets taken down.  Look how great our defenses are, and so on. 

There’s been other clips from past Presidents describing the back channel discussions that happen before these attacks. This is following the formula. Nothingburger as they say. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• ztejas changed the title to Iran attacks Israel attacks Iran