Shazam!

Patrick Bateman

The OG Captain Marvel.  Meh.... Looks like Big except he has superpowers now.  Zach Levi has to win me over and I didn't see much in the trailer, but....... they haven't really revealed the heavy hitters in this.  Mark Strong as Doc Sivana and The Rock as Black Adam.  We'll have two Captain Marvel movies next year.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

5 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I've seen people say this looks terrible. It's like no one ever actually read D.C. Comics. This looks exactly like the stories from the comics.

It’s the Tom Hanks movie “Big” only with a superhero. Not a comic book geared towards Dark Knight fans.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Am I missing something?  Everything I've seen so far gives this a really positive outlook.  That's one of the worst costume attempts I've seen.  Looks like Turbo Man in Jingle All the Way.  Yes, yes..I just cited Jingle All the Way. Or, maybe 1990's Flash?  

the-flash-and-trickster-original-series.jingle-all-the-way-featured.jpg

Edited by Daichee Bell
because

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/21/2019 at 10:14 AM, Vito Andolini said:

If the hot chick from the TV series comes back, they’ll probably have to rename her, huh?hqdefault.jpg

Joanna Cameron. She also was host of the Navy Network, a TV series produced by the United States Navy about aspects of Naval life, and directed a commercial for the Naval Academy titled Razor Sharp. So she's familiar working with seamen.

Spoiler

7642-14.jpg

I think the executives on this made the right call in basically going "Big" for superheroes.  Shazam is such a corny character would have been difficult to do anything else with it.  No idea if it's any good, but my nephew (11) is super psyched about it after seeing previews and having no idea who this is.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I'm not going to hype RT, but some reviews I'm seeing are saying it's by far the best DC entry to date(which will piss off the Wonder Woman crowd).

Looking at how well Aquaman did despite good, but still mixed reviews based solely on the charisma of the lead actor, this is supposed to be a well done story.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:39 PM, A-Tex Devil said:

I’ve met Zac Levi a couple of times (he actually has a place in Bastrop).  Dude is earnest to a fault.   Would be awesome to see this launch him into a larger career.  

I really enjoyed Chuck and his sincerity was a large part of the reason.

Ok, I might have enjoyed watching Yvonne Strahovski even more...

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I bet you hate it.

Yeah probably

1 hour ago, smuggs said:

I wish we could mic-up and put a GoPro on Drew for the movie. The footage would be fascinating.

In Killeen?  You'll get a kick out of it.  People are crazy at these movies.

I'm going at 5.  I mean jesus...chances are I'll at worst like it. It's a Comic book movie, and the reviews so far are glowing...saying the best DC movie by far(Sorry WW and Aquaman). So yeah, it's probably going to be a good movie if not really good. 

Not sure how I got this wrap.

Edited by Drew

Well, you did like Suicide Squad

Because it was a fun movie. All the plot gripes were stupid to me because I didn’t care. Got to see Margo Robbie looking hot. That’s good enough.

And yes Shazam was good. It’s not The Dark Knight. But was better than Aquaman and al the Justice league lead in movies. I’m sure some feminists will still prefer Wonder Woman but I wouldn’t.

Mark Strong is good in this. It’s probably as good as a middle upper tier Marvel Movie.