UT Pro-Palestine Protest Thread

Captainant

As long as the protestors stay off his lawn, the protest is okay as it is public property. However, there are also laws about disturbing the peace, impeding traffic, impeding pedestrian travel on sidewalks, etc….basically it’s your right to protest but it’s illegal once it impedes on other peoples rights like banging on drums in a residential area.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Really.....so you didn't hear any statements, see any signs, etc. from the UT student protests that peacefully stated their position?  Way to tell us that you haven't seen any of the photos or video.

"To date, from protesters, weapons have been confiscated in the form of guns, buckets of large rocks, bricks, steel enforced wood planks, mallets, and chains," the statement read. "Staff have been physically assaulted and threatened, and police have been headbutted and hit with horse excrement, while their police cars have had tires slashed with knives."

Peaceful tools of discourse and understanding. Should I bold it for the fuck you effect?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

"To date, from protesters, weapons have been confiscated in the form of guns, buckets of large rocks, bricks, steel enforced wood planks, mallets, and chains," the statement read. "Staff have been physically assaulted and threatened, and police have been headbutted and hit with horse excrement, while their police cars have had tires slashed with knives."

Peaceful tools of discourse and understanding. Should I bold it for the fuck you effect?

What kind of gun we talking about here? Nobody seems to clutch their pearls when the Proud Boys are open carrying.

• Hook 'Em 6

18 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

For rationale adults, admitting you made a mistake and taking steps to correct it is not considered weak or hypocritical 

*rational

18 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

I'll check it, thank you. I've been posting on the football board for 6+ years, and shaggy before that, and hornfans before that. I've had no problems with negs or hostility on there.

But how do you handle the low IQ fucking idiots?

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Another round of protests expected today at UT.

From the AP:

image.png.2292d580c4df88eb30c3cdcc491a21e9.png

I say let em protest away.  When it crosses the line in to impeding others,  break it up.  Tent city comes back, break it up, stop me from entering the PCL, break it up.  I just hope the demonstrators have done their homework on who they are cheering for.  

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

The university declined to elaborate when asked how many weapons were found, when they were found and other questions. 

And for that matter, who cares if they were carrying a gun? I thought everyone packing heat was the utopian dream here in texas. Thats what patriotric americans do. Or so ive been led to believe by any number of congress men and women. Its possible that a school shooting could take place, and we sure as fuck know we cant count on those fucking pussies in the DPS to take action. 

• Hook 'Em 8

9 minutes ago, Blotto said:

And for that matter, who cares if they were carrying a gun? I thought everyone packing heat was the utopian dream here in texas. Thats what patriotric americans do. Or so ive been led to believe by any number of congress men and women. Its possible that a school shooting could take place, and we sure as fuck know we cant count on those fucking pussies in the DPS to take action. 

No, see, when right wingers/white people carry a gun, that's PATRIOT FREEDOM SECOND AMENDMENT AMERICA!  When left wingers/non-whites carry a gun, that's THUG TERRORIST TROUBLEMAKERS!  Did you not get that memo?  Coulda sworn you were on the routing slip.

• Hook 'Em 4

True.  But we all know it's baked into the price of our meals/drinks.  

And we all know who is behind the purchasing cartels, BIG QUESO!  

This is actually a good idea by everyone involved.  Human life and freedom is certainly more important than taking tests.  But if you choose between fucking up final exams for everybody on all sides or doing it on Sunday when there's nothing but quiet study going on, pick the Sunday.  

Now what happens at graduation becomes the next big question.  

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

No, see, when right wingers/white people carry a gun, that's PATRIOT FREEDOM SECOND AMENDMENT AMERICA!  When left wingers/non-whites carry a gun, that's THUG TERRORIST TROUBLEMAKERS!  Did you not get that memo?  Coulda sworn you were on the routing slip.

One of Tahoe's old favorites images to share.  

3732-california-gun-control-history-blac

"I guess I'm not more educated.  I'm not either.  I came from Columbia."  That was all said in 3 seconds by 2 students from arguably one of the 5 best universities in North America.  Wow.  That should really help their next capital campaign.  Holy shit. 

Give 'em credit though, at least they were honest and not just loud and shitty about it all.  

The "I Do my Own Research" paradigm seems to now have officially crossed the Rubicon.  The simulation was angry that day my friends, like an dumb Ivy Leaguer trying to send back pork at a kosher deli.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

A) Wrong thread. This isn't UT-related.

B) The tweet completely mischaracterized what she said. She's a Columbia student supporting the NYU protesters. How do you expect her to know everything about NYU's investments?

C) Collin Rugg is a propagandist who clearly intends to put the protestors in the worst light. Go to his "news" website to see what he's all about.

D) Do better.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Max Blumenthal's channel.  Apparently a "Kill Jews" shout was by a Zionist to fake out the cops, and it worked. The dork aspect is he then asked "anyone on board?". 

starts around 2:15

Why does one side need to lie so consistently? Hmm

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Max Blumenthal's channel.  Apparently a "Kill Jews" shout was by a Zionist to fake out the cops, and it worked. The dork aspect is he then asked "anyone on board?". 

starts around 2:15

Max Blumenthal is a known collaborator with Kremlin controlled media and his outlet is not just a bullshit clickbait farm, it’s a literal Kremlin info op.  This is by far the worst source and actor that’s been posted on any of these threads. I am, of course, completely unsurprised that this is one of your go-tos.

image.thumb.jpeg.b1a54beb1d03e083a1af79ab1899f2f8.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Max Blumenthal is a known collaborator with Kremlin controlled media and his outlet is not just a bullshit clickbait farm, it’s a literal Kremlin info op.  This is by far the worst source and actor that’s been posted on any of these threads. I am, of course, completely unsurprised that this is one of your go-tos.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

i don't agree with all his views, but he's spot on with Israel. Besides those are all completely separate issues. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, bolverk said:

A) Wrong thread. This isn't UT-related.

B) The tweet completely mischaracterized what she said. She's a Columbia student supporting the NYU protesters. How do you expect her to know everything about NYU's investments?

C) Collin Rugg is a propagandist who clearly intends to put the protestors in the worst light. Go to his "news" website to see what he's all about.

D) Do better.

Thou shall delete…..but she was the one that brought up nyu

Edited by closetohumping

7 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

i don't agree with all his views, but he's spot on with Israel. Besides those are all completely separate issues. 

As I said, I am completely unsurprised that you and Chainsaw lectured the group to use different sources than the MSM and then directed us to a site and actor that is Kremlin-backed and Kremlin-controlled because you agree with them on this. Just waiting for Anastasis to round out the trifecta. 

I will be interested to see the response from a few other posters who are calling for better info hygiene and who are ordinarily fairly level headed. 

For those uninitiated, Max Blumenthal is a paid contributor to Sputnik and RT, which are Kremlin run and controlled outlets that have been sanctioned across much of Europe and been forced to register as a foreign agent here in the United States. Blumenthal’s own “Grayzone” outlet was created a month after Max visited Moscow and immediately began posting in support of Assad and the Russian government in Syria. One of its well-known contributors was Gonzalo Lira, who was imprisoned for spreading propaganda in Ukraine, where he was promoting the passport bro lifestyle and supporting LNR/DNR with English propaganda.

Blumenthal has testified on behalf of Russia at the UN. His outlet, among other things, claimed that the Russian bombing of a Mariupol maternity hospital was a psy-op carried out by the Azov Battalion.

There are many questionable accounts being posted on these protests, thus far there has only been one that belongs to an open, paid agent of a hostile foreign power.  That, to me, is far more interesting than who shouted what at a protest. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

You can’t pick and choose when you’re talking about a propagandist. You won’t be taken seriously.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

As I said, I am completely unsurprised that you and Chainsaw lectured the group to use different sources than the MSM and then directed us to a site and actor that is Kremlin-backed and Kremlin-controlled because you agree with them on this. Just waiting for Anastasis to round out the trifecta. 

I will be interested to see the response from a few other posters who are calling for better info hygiene and who are ordinarily fairly level headed. 

For those uninitiated, Max Blumenthal is a paid contributor to Sputnik and RT, which are Kremlin run and controlled outlets that have been sanctioned across much of Europe and been forced to register as a foreign agent here in the United States. Blumenthal’s own “Grayzone” outlet was created a month after Max visited Moscow and immediately began posting in support of Assad and the Russian government in Syria. One of its well-known contributors was Gonzalo Lira, who was imprisoned for spreading propaganda in Ukraine, where he was promoting the passport bro lifestyle and supporting LNR/DNR with English propaganda.

Blumenthal has testified on behalf of Russia at the UN. His outlet, among other things, claimed that the Russian bombing of a Mariupol maternity hospital was a psy-op carried out by the Azov Battalion.

There are many questionable accounts being posted on these protests, thus far there has only been one that belongs to an open, paid agent of a hostile foreign power.  That, to me, is far more interesting than who shouted what at a protest. 

to me, a Zionist shouting kill jews is much more interesting.   

If he's a Russian agent, then he's blood brothers with Trump, who I presume you support.  Hell the Republicans love Russia too. Hmm...

Even if he's a Russian agent, he's right about Israel.  I only watch his videos about Israel/Palestine, not really concerned about other issues. This thread isn't about Russia or China btw. 

4 minutes ago, royiv said:

You can’t pick and choose when you’re talking about a propagandist. You won’t be taken seriously.

Every issue has to be taken independently.  For example, I don't like Israel at all, but Israel is supportive of an independent Kurdistan, which I also favor. Parsing issues is wisdom. 

48 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Blumenthal sucks. I didn't comment on the post because I keep Taco Bell on ignore.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Blumenthal is a Syrian war crimes denier and absolutely not a trustworthy source of information. 

While this is true, it’s important to pull the thread all the way. He’s not a Syrian war crimes denier because he’s a shithead or an idiot. He’s a war crimes denier because he’s paid to advance Kremlin viewpoints by the Kremlin and the assumption should be that he is always doing that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

3732-california-gun-control-history-blac

Rerun, Marcus Allen, the white glasses guy is the warden from Shawshank Redemption, the next rifleman is Jarret Allen (UT / NBA player). Then Dick Gregory, then 2 unknowns. 

Gotta +rep any Rerun reference. Still rocking the beret I see, but this must have been taken when he was in his emo/goth, must wear black phase. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Every issue has to be taken independently.  

This is fucking hilarious.  Wow.   The views of a known disinformation artist are ok as long as I agree with his politics.  All without any of the self reflection that you might possibly agree with some of his views because he's a fucking known disinformation artist.

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Skipper said:

This is fucking hilarious.  Wow.   The views of a known disinformation artist are ok as long as I agree with his politics.  All without any of the self reflection that you might possibly agree with some of his views because he's a fucking known disinformation artist.

I mean, I bet he likes curvy brunettes, too.  This Blumenthal guy and I should TOTALLY hang out, he's credible!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skipper said:

it's wisdom, try some!  I'm not familiar with his disinformation on other issues, but his views on Israel are seriously good.

I only listen to his YT videos on Israel and enjoy his sarcastic wit in every moment. 

To some degree or another , lots of people are disinformation artists -- Republicans, Democrats, and more. 

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I mean, I bet he likes curvy brunettes, too.  This Blumenthal guy and I should TOTALLY hang out, he's credible!

you don't know anything about him. 

24 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Lemme guess, Blumenthal is totally different when it's just the two of you?  He seems angry and ignorant to us, but when you're alone with him, he's just...different?  We couldn't possibly understand your connection?  

PSA to visitors to campus in the next 2 weeks: DPS trooper lines do not appreciate it when you walk past them and mumble, "If only you fellas acted this boldly at Uvalde."  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Lemme guess, Blumenthal is totally different when it's just the two of you?  He seems angry and ignorant to us, but when you're alone with him, he's just...different?  We couldn't possibly understand your connection?  

PSA to visitors to campus in the next 2 weeks: DPS trooper lines do not appreciate it when you walk past them and mumble, "If only you fellas acted this boldly at Uvalde."  

Maybe Hartzell will erect a safe space for DPS officers with sensitive feelings

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

Maybe Hartzell will erect a safe space for DPS officers with sensitive feelings

Maybe get 'em some grief counselors to deal with their emotions?   I like it, beanbag chairs made from their riot artillery?  

Some protestor really wants to go viral?  I'm not inciting violence here, but put down the flags and the message banners and simply hold up up a posterboard that says, "Pretend we're all in 3rd grade and stand down!"  It'd be ironic given the childish nature of the protests, and you'll probably be beaten to death, but I guarantee your sign and your face will make national news and a biopic from Michael Moore.  

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

So no one is going to say anything?

For real for real?

Folks, this here is probably the first and ONLY example of outside agitators that I think we all can agree on. 

Only maroon wearing agro American I see in frame is the pasty feller.

Never should have opened that Qatar campus. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

it's wisdom, try some!  I'm not familiar with his disinformation on other issues, but his views on Israel are seriously good.

I only listen to his YT videos on Israel and enjoy his sarcastic wit in every moment. 

To some degree or another , lots of people are disinformation artists -- Republicans, Democrats, and more. 

I see you’re one of those “not everything about Hitler was terrible” guys.