Phil Simms, Boomer Esiason out at CBS

RPM

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RPM said:

Boomer Esiason

The former Jets quarterback

LOL. Former Jets Quarterback? Yeah like Brett Favre is a former Jets Quaterback. Joe Montana, the great Kansas City Chiefs quarterback.

Anyway pre-game and post-game shows are an artifact for an era where we were desperate to hear some football chatter. Now that we can hear it any time we want on the internet, they are just a waste of time.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Hermanator said:

They were always terrible. You're just old now. 

There's kids and young adults out there loving it saying it's the best thing ever just like back in the 90s there were old dudes saying it sucks ass and not like it used to be with Cosell and Meridith

Well Meredith was in a class of his own, I would watch him drink tea and fall in the pool or play a cop on Police story. He just made things fun.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Post Oak said:

There was a time that I cared about pregame shows, a lot.  But that was a long time ago.  I can't stand College Gameday or the Fox Big Noon. 

I got older and they got worse. 

they all suck

hire a bunch of hot college coeds and yanet garcia types for pennies on the dollar, and these shows improve 1000% 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Lhorn said:

God these pregame shows are terrible. The ex jocks in their fine suits putting on fake debate, pretending to bust balls ever so politely.  When they get to the big open area in the studio and, in their suits, line up against each other and pretend to demonstrate how to do a swim move or press cover a WR, it’s pretty cringy.  

They really do that?

I never have watched one of those shows, NFL nor college. 
And usually turn the sound down during the few pro & college games we watch. 
Mrs. Brat turns the tv sound off for the UT games and listens to Craig Way on her little radio with ear buds.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I thought pre shows were only for background noise.  Didn't know anyone paid attention to anything said.

Injury reports for fantasy purposes is the reason to watch pre shows

Injury reports for fantasy purposes is the reason to watch pre shows

You can see that online instantly without the tie in to a new cbs version of NCIS.

I watch the show on nfl network because I like rich Eisen. His daily show is the best out there. He’s trying to g to get the falcons GM on today to question him on that stupid Penix pick.

As a human being, I like Boomer Esiason, by all accounts a very solid dude. 

I can't find a single fuck to give about who the blah-blahs are on any of these shows. Fox or CBS. Sports talking heads come and go, as it has been and always will be. As many have mentioned, you put them on and mute the broadcast while pregaming. It's just background at this point. 

6 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

As a human being, I like Boomer Esiason, by all accounts a very solid dude. 

I can't find a single fuck to give about who the blah-blahs are on any of these shows. Fox or CBS. Sports talking heads come and go, as it has been and always will be. As many have mentioned, you put them on and mute the broadcast while pregaming. It's just background at this point. 

Boomer's syndicated talk show isn't bad. A little bland, but it's decent.

On 4/30/2024 at 12:08 AM, Bateshorn said:

Also, Scott Hanson is a national treasure.

Siciliano on DirecTV’s RedZone channel was a lot better than Hanson. He got canned by NFLN recently. Too bad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Siciliano on DirecTV’s RedZone channel was a lot better than Hanson. He got canned by NFLN recently. Too bad.

That was the only thing I missed when I dropped DirecTv. Siciliano was great calling the action. He had a couple of huge drawbacks when he was on camera, though.

watch-andrew-siciliano-defends-browns-mi

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, RPM said:

That was the only thing I missed when I dropped DirecTv. Siciliano was great calling the action. He had a couple of huge drawbacks when he was on camera, though.

watch-andrew-siciliano-defends-browns-mi

image.png.751d703254effe61f4dfc6742febf02e.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

https://nypost.com/2024/05/03/sports/michael-irvin-out-at-nfl-network-with-major-changes-coming/amp/

I’m not concerned that Irvin is out. I don’t like nfl network revamping everything. Total Access has been a great show and it’s going away. And GMFB’ s move is bad if the cast doesn’t move with it. It’s been a great show as it’s not a bunch of screaming.

4 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

https://nypost.com/2024/05/03/sports/michael-irvin-out-at-nfl-network-with-major-changes-coming/amp/

I’m not concerned that Irvin is out. I don’t like nfl network revamping everything. Total Access has been a great show and it’s going away. And GMFB’ s move is bad if the cast doesn’t move with it. It’s been a great show as it’s not a bunch of screaming.

That already had revamped it to dumber and louder. I'm sure they will continue further in that direction.

On 4/29/2024 at 12:46 PM, Vito Andolini said:

The Naked Gun predicted this ridiculousness some 35 years ago. Offers no value, just noise.

image.thumb.jpeg.e301badea182670c56559d32680ad4b6.jpeg

Good lord. Enberg, Mel Allen, Dicky V, Tim McCarver, Jim Palmer, and Curt Gowdy.  What a callback.

After the NBA on TNT, the best pre- and post-game show is the CBS Champions League crew.  Kate Abdo, Thierry Henry, Jamie Carragher, and Micah Richards.  They’re awesome.  They’re copying TNT and it works.  They have fun but they know their shit when they need to.  Those are the only two worth watching.  (And Kate is so fine)

• Like 1