Blastfurnace 2024

Taking it one week at a time. I hope El Nino can hold on a few more months. The weather and rainfall has been wonderful. Do not want La Nina. If our first week with the majority of days over 100 can be in July in DFW, Ill take it as a win.

https://www.kxan.com/weather/100-degree-days-predictions-2024/

Of course, making predictions so early in the year is not scientifically accurate. As our meteorologists will tell you, accurately forecasting out more than seven days ahead is incredibly difficult. Last year, the team predicted anywhere from 33 to 44 days of triple-digit heat, but Austin ended up with 80.

This year, the team is predicting a well-above-average year when it comes to 100° days. Austin averages 29 days at or above 100° in a typical year. Here’s what the team is predicting for 2024:

image.png.3af005d5318ca09cc2b270f0ae67d351.png

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

https://www.kxan.com/weather/100-degree-days-predictions-2024/

Of course, making predictions so early in the year is not scientifically accurate. As our meteorologists will tell you, accurately forecasting out more than seven days ahead is incredibly difficult. Last year, the team predicted anywhere from 33 to 44 days of triple-digit heat, but Austin ended up with 80.

This year, the team is predicting a well-above-average year when it comes to 100° days. Austin averages 29 days at or above 100° in a typical year. Here’s what the team is predicting for 2024:

image.png.3af005d5318ca09cc2b270f0ae67d351.png

I Predict it's lower than their collective set.  

5 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I Predict it's lower than their collective set.  

The average among the four is 65 days, and we're going to hold you to it. Pitchforks if you're wrong, and to be clear, I fucking hope you're right.

Yesterday was the first truly gross Summer-like day here in Houston. High 80's, extremely humid, producing a "feels like" close to triple digits. Walking through my work garage yesterday morning brought back that old familiar feeling of "oh here we fucking go."

Close to 90 today, but much drier air arrived overnight and it's actually pretty pleasant. I'm gonna savor these last remaining tolerable weeks before it gets terrible. 

Edited by Storm the Field

Good news. Summer 2023 was the hottest in 2000 years. No way 2024 is worse, right? Right?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/temperatures-measured-summer-2023-unparalleled-past-2000-years/story?id=110171017

Temperatures measured during summer 2023 'unparalleled' to past 2,000 years, researchers say

A closer look at tree rings is adding to the growing list of evidence that shows unprecedented temperatures measured on Earth over the past year.

The summer of 2023 was the warmest in the Northern Hemisphere extra-tropical regions -- from about New Orleans to the North Pole -- in the past 2,000 years, according to a study published in Nature on Tuesday.