Jack Flack always escapes. (RIP Dabney Coleman, 92, Austin-Born, UT)

• atomheartbevo changed the title to Jack Flack always escapes. (RIP Dabney Coleman, 92, Austin-Born, UT)

For a long time, I thought Cloak and Dagger was just a fever dream I had as a kid and not an actual movie.  I just thought I imagined some 3 finger old lady trying to choloroform me while i ran around San Antonio. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Being a SATX kid, I was so freakin' hyped that Cloak and Dagger was filmed there.  

There was a bus scene that confused me as a kid. Bus drives past the zoo and takes a turn and then there's Windsor Park mall. lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

There was a bus scene that confused me as a kid. Bus drives past the zoo and takes a turn and then there's Windsor Park mall. lol

I was in probably 6th grade and had just moved away from Texas. As soon as I saw that VIA bus I was all:

IMG_5942.gif.e8d2b08cf28a2495ae0720e8f20a0bf9.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. McKittrick, after very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks.

I don't have to take that, you pig-eyed sack of shit.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Did they ever make the actual Cloak and Dagger video game that they played in the movie? I geeked out when I was a kid and went to the Riverwalk for the first time because it was featured in the movie. 

Edited by mdmost

2 hours ago, Mittens said:

Being a SATX kid, I was so freakin' hyped that Cloak and Dagger was filmed there.  

Like my kids watching the Spy Kids films and seeing all of the Austin landmarks.

31 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Did they ever make the actual Cloak and Dagger video game that they played in the movie? I geeked out when I was a kid and went to the Riverwalk for the first time because it was featured in the movie. 

Yes.  Sort of.  They released it in arcades, but only about 140 arcade machines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloak_%26_Dagger_(video_game)

A few years ago (2022 I think) it was released in the Atari 50 compilation or whatever for consoles/PCs, which was the first time it was legally available outside of owning the arcade machine.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mittens said:

jLWC_I.gif

Born and raised SA, ese.  Every single mention of SA in film or song made it a favorite. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, BamaATL said:

By no means the greatest film ever made, every time I've ever seen it Short Time made me laugh.  A bit obscure, but a fun one.  

Great, Great car chase too. RIP Dabney

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

30+ posts and no mention of tootsie?

rip dabney.

He, Durning, and Pollack were all so good in that. I like putting that movie on as background and just listening to the dialogue.

RIP.

Had no idea he was 92. Also, if I knew of the UT connection, I'd forgotten. RIP to an accomplished fellow Longhorn! Love the nods to Modern Problems. Loved that movie as a kid and I swore nobody else has ever seen it. Now I know better.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Man, seeing this poster all over the place

GNzKoDnbMAANMaq?format=jpg&name=large

And seeing all of the 80s kids coming out of the woodwork who loved it.  Hope he realized how big it was for a lot of us.

Weird- I recognize Henry Thomas immediately here but never until now realized that Elliott was the kid in this movie.