Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

Does anyone other than YGIFS know people who support Ted Cruz? Because I know a shit ton. 

I remember how depressed I was that David Dewhurst lost to him in the 2012 primary on the backs of the Tea Party deal that Cruz opportunistically took advantage of. 

I mean, that's Cruz in a nutshell. A completely unlikable, uncharismatic shit heel who will throw anyone under the bus, and lick anyone's boot heel if he thinks he can take advantage of it. 

To think of how proud I've been of the senators who have served this state over the course of its history. I mean, John Cornyn isn't my favorite, but compared to Cruz he looks like Thomas Jefferson. Phil Gramm was a bit of an asshole, but I could stomach him.

But Ted Cruz is unredeemable. I can't believe we're about to vote this guy to a third term barring some kind of miracle from the Democrats. 

• Hook 'Em 2

You see that Cuban Canadian over there? The one who changed his name? Yeah, that one. The one who publicly supported the man who insulted his father and his wife. He's texas tough. No, really. That's his slogan. Texas tough. 

Edited by Chooky
Rafael
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Does anyone other than YGIFS know people who support Ted Cruz? Because I know a shit ton. 

I remember how depressed I was that David Dewhurst lost to him in the 2012 primary on the backs of the Tea Party deal that Cruz opportunistically took advantage of. 

I mean, that's Cruz in a nutshell. A completely unlikable, uncharismatic shit heel who will throw anyone under the bus, and lick anyone's boot heel if he thinks he can take advantage of it. 

To think of how proud I've been of the senators who have served this state over the course of its history. I mean, John Cornyn isn't my favorite, but compared to Cruz he looks like Thomas Jefferson. Phil Gramm was a bit of an asshole, but I could stomach him.

But Ted Cruz is unredeemable. I can't believe we're about to vote this guy to a third term barring some kind of miracle from the Democrats. 

Yes, YGIFS may have crossed a line there.  Whatever talent we have, or will, or drive, or religion, or being a good guy.   None of it is inherently ok.  It matters only what end this skill serves.

Come back across the line.   There is only the deepest well us forgiveness here.  

Good lord people, I'm not defending Cruz.  I simply stated his State Director for Texas is a helluva nice guy outside of politics.  Yes, obviously what a person chooses to do as their career/craft is a reflection of who they are as a person.  I guess the next time I see him, I'll tell him he's a bad person and will obviously solve the fact that all of us, every single goddamn one of us has dozens, if not hundreds, of Cruz voters in our network/family/office/charitable group/church/club/et. al.  I'm not gonna talk him outta shit anymore than I tried to talk his former campaign director outta shit.  They stumbled into something and there's no putting the genie back in the bottle any more than there is getting the cock outta Heidi's mouth.  Okay, they all sold their soul.  I get it.  Problem duly noted.  Doesnt' change the fact we all know putrid heaps of taint cancer who will vote for the guy until they're long dead.  

Only fucking way to beat the guy is to primary him with a moderate candidate who can win in 2026 because of the lineup of classes and get 500-1000k Democrats to pull R ballots and work with ABC'ers (Anybody But Cruz) on the GOP side).  I promise, promise, promise you.  If a million of us can come together (with some cushion to spare), he can lose a primary and I know he will kill himself.  Or at least be apparently dead by suicide in his own home while his family is apparently in Cancun for irony.  

Otherwise, who gives a fuck what his former Chief of Staff thinks of their own ethical compass.  We all have friends and family to blame long before we start pointing other fingers.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Fair point.  But the good guy thing was directed as an employee of his.  Ted is the big sin piece of shit.  It's metaphysically impossible that everybody on Cruz's staff and in his family is as big a shitheap as Ted.  The Earth would have already collapsed upon itself, supercuntnova style.  

2 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Fair point as well.  We all make accommodations of some degree.

Still, refusing to work for that piece of shit and his immoral, treacherous intentions would be the moral choice.  Skilled as he is, there are other jobs.

yeah but in other jobs he probably wouldn't get to pwn the libs as frequently.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

52 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Fair point.  But the good guy thing was directed as an employee of his.  Ted is the big sin piece of shit.  It's metaphysically impossible that everybody on Cruz's staff and in his family is as big a shitheap as Ted.  The Earth would have already collapsed upon itself, supercuntnova style.  

You get to choose who you work for in this country. By choosing to work for a shitheap, particularly in a leadership role, that is actively trying to destabilize our democracy and take away the rights of certain members of our society, you yourself are a shitheap. You can't be a helluva nice guy outside of politics and work to help advance Cruz's agenda. You're blinded by your buddy being personable and likeable, traits that Cruz does not possess. Your buddy is still a shitheap, but you think he's a nice guy. And quit trying to equate the idiots who vote for Cruz to the guy who takes a paycheck to advance Cruz's agenda.  

• Hook 'Em 5

21 minutes ago, royiv said:

You get to choose who you work for in this country. By choosing to work for a shitheap, particularly in a leadership role, that is actively trying to destabilize our democracy and take away the rights of certain members of our society, you yourself are a shitheap. You can't be a helluva nice guy outside of politics and work to help advance Cruz's agenda. You're blinded by your buddy being personable and likeable, traits that Cruz does not possess. Your buddy is still a shitheap, but you think he's a nice guy. And quit trying to equate the idiots who vote for Cruz to the guy who takes a paycheck to advance Cruz's agenda.  

Yeah the likeable and charming pieces of shit are more dangerous than the likes of Ted, Ron, and Donald. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Yeah the likeable and charming pieces of shit are more dangerous than the likes of Ted, Ron, and Donald. 

Totally agree. It blows my mind that lobo doesn't recognize this. 

Again fair points, all.  It's not my place to call the guy out.  We make it a point to not talk politics because he knows where I've landed.  And I know he needs the cover of being a hardcore right-winger even though he hates his boss.  But you're right, he's still an enabler at the end of the day.   We all know somebody in Texas GOP politics whether we want to admit it or not.  And we don't take the stand against them that we should.  I just knew this guy way before Cruz and make excuses for him and he makes excuses for himself.  We can move on if that's cool.  We can certainly make another thread bagging on me, and I deserve it.  But I don't want this thing to get his name out there again, he's got very close ties to UT and it'll get awkward for the site and some other folks on here that know him.  

Message received.  I'm still gonna be the guy's friend.  I'm still gonna, on a rare occasion, tell him what I think of his boss.  He's gonna admit half as much.  And we'll go back to the facade.  This thing is gonna go on for another decade.  Ted is a malignant growth that unfortunately will only kill those around him and not the host.  

TUMOR TED from TEXAS.  Get used to it because radiation only makes him stronger.  Sorry I was trying to justify this other guy on his senior team, I just see the pain in him.  But he knows there's a way out from Ted's thumb.  And he chooses not to take it, so that's on him.  I can't make him want to do it.  I wish I could.  We all got our paths to forge, lord knows.  How fucked up do you have to be as a politician that when most people who call your office aren't calling for constituent favors, they're doing well-checks on your staff and family?  What the fuck does that say?  

7 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Oh, no.  We can bag on 'em all we want, but that is absolutely not the case.  One guy is an old friend of mine and bundled a lot of money for Cruz over the years.  The other was a guy I don't know terribly well and I think was a drunken one-off thing.  But the first guy, as I've regaled y'all before, nailed her in his house after Cruz left a fundraiser.  Awkward doesn't begin to describe it.  I didn't know her before his Senate days so maybe she was always like this, or maybe was totally normal, I dunno.  Mental illness is a real thing, but she is a complete basketcase now and I can't blame her at all.  She is trying to make lemonade out of a guy who has sour lemon resting cunt face.  If not for children, I'm sure she'd have bolted on him.  Again, don't know her that well, but she does not strike me as the "Imma stick this out and be on his arm for all the trappings of a charmed D.C. life when Ted becomes a cabinet member or SCOTUS."  She's at least that stern.

can someone provide a link to this regaling?

i am behind the curve this one.

36 minutes ago, yoladu said:

can someone provide a link to this regaling?

i am behind the curve this one.

Yeah, no need to upset stomachs before spring break.  But I pretty much described it in that post you quoted.  You want gory details, see your proctologist's biohazard bin.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Again fair points, all.  It's not my place to call the guy out.  We make it a point to not talk politics because he knows where I've landed.  And I know he needs the cover of being a hardcore right-winger even though he hates his boss.  But you're right, he's still an enabler at the end of the day. 

I've hated bosses and left those jobs even though I made far less than the guy you are talking about, and my job prospects when I left were also much worse than the guy you are talking about, but I still did it.  I'm not on this earth long enough to go through that kind of shit.

As everybody that has dogpiled on you has already pointed out, there is a point where the professional side of the guy is who the guy really is, and what you see of him socially is a falsehood or at the least, a partial falsehood.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

We all know somebody in Texas GOP politics whether we want to admit it or not.  And we don't take the stand against them that we should. 

I took a stand almost 20 years ago and left the GOP.  I had volunteered for George W. in the 90s and early 2000s and even worked indirectly for his and other campaigns (through a company providing various data/media services), and plenty of people I know from that era went on to big jobs in Austin and D.C.  Some of them went full Trumpy when Trump came around, and I cut them off on social media and out of my social circles.  Some went along and acted like their hearts weren't in it, but I still made it clear what I thought of Trump and his supporters. 

Having had quite a few conversations, especially in the years after I bailed, with various friends and family, for a group of people who are all "Yeehaw, we're independent Texans who do our own thing" they get really pissy with people who actually do their own thing and go independent.

• Hook 'Em 5

YGIFS, we understand where you are coming from, but at the end of the day, people can't claim to be vegan if they are chowing down on a hamburger once or twice a week.  This guy can't claim to be a good guy if he's enabling Cruz to be a piece of shit towards people.

• Hook 'Em 6

Yeah dude, totally done defending him.  Just trying to see the better side of folks given my own shit.  Not gonna call him out or anything, but not gonna make excuses for him anymore either.  I think he's probably at the same point in his own soul anyway.  We can totally move on.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah dude, totally done defending him.  Just trying to see the better side of folks given my own shit.  Not gonna call him out or anything, but not gonna make excuses for him anymore either.  I think he's probably at the same point in his own soul anyway.  We can totally move on.  

The discomfort with confronting their extremism is how the fascists seize power through breaking norms. We can move on, but you should keep in mind that it only aids cruz for his employees to face no social repercussions for furthering his fascist goals. 

45 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

No one person had more fingerprints on the 2008 financial collapse than Phil Gramm, but other than that he was a massive asshole. 

Well, I'd argue the 2008 financial collapse was the unintended consequence of pushing for much higher ownership rates. I feel like a huge number of people contributed to the financial collapse, but that was the beginning of it. And yes, he was an asshole. 

15 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Republican policy generator:

spacer.png

And now all the ideas have left over Cold War themes, anti-immigrant stuff, white nationalist stuff, and anti woman stuff.

What fun word salads will we get next!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Gee, for 30 seconds I felt bad for saying he gets off on looking like an asshole.  Then his publisher said, "Hold my Beard...I mean Hold my Beer"  
Seriously, why would any publisher put his picture on the cover? If the cover had an AI created image of a "crying liberal in a pink knit pussy hat", the book sales increase 10x.

Well, that, or Heidi going ass 2 mouth 2 pussy.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Gee, for 30 seconds I felt bad for saying he gets off on looking like an asshole.  Then his publisher said, "Hold my Beard...I mean Hold my Beer"  

Don't worry, his top brass are all super nice guys. He can't do any harm. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I've hated bosses and left those jobs even though I made far less than the guy you are talking about, and my job prospects when I left were also much worse than the guy you are talking about, but I still did it.  I'm not on this earth long enough to go through that kind of shit.

As everybody that has dogpiled on you has already pointed out, there is a point where the professional side of the guy is who the guy really is, and what you see of him socially is a falsehood or at the least, a partial falsehood.

I took a stand almost 20 years ago and left the GOP.  I had volunteered for George W. in the 90s and early 2000s and even worked indirectly for his and other campaigns (through a company providing various data/media services), and plenty of people I know from that era went on to big jobs in Austin and D.C.  Some of them went full Trumpy when Trump came around, and I cut them off on social media and out of my social circles.  Some went along and acted like their hearts weren't in it, but I still made it clear what I thought of Trump and his supporters. 

Having had quite a few conversations, especially in the years after I bailed, with various friends and family, for a group of people who are all "Yeehaw, we're independent Texans who do our own thing" they get really pissy with people who actually do their own thing and go independent.

this is because it is and always has been about maintaining a status quo in which the wealthy (and white) control everything

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

So did Ted coin the title? For a Princeton/Harvard Law grad, if he is going to come up with cringy invented awkward-to-pronounce words that is the best he can do?

Unwoke?

The synonym for unwoke is asleep, Ted. Here is a cringy invented word to accompany your new straight-to-campaign-funds-purchase book:

AssLeap. The synonym for Unwoke is AssLeap. That is what yours does during a parade to dodge flying projectiles.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

That's not the sum total of his tweet, though.  He literally wrote:
Biden has never been to the border. He went to El Paso, which is 800 miles from the Rio Grande Valley.
Yes, El Paso is not close to the Rio Grande Valley, but it is most certainly on the border, and Biden most certainly visited the city.  It's a flat out lie.  (Note that the interview on Fox News did not say the same thing as the text in the tweet.  It doesn't change what he wrote.)

The right wing propaganda arm has been pounding away at El Paso as a city in crisis from illegal immigrants for years. Par for the course for old Ted Cruz to move the goal posts.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don’t want to shift topics or bring up old shit.  But then again, that’s kinda my jam.  Put aside your anti-lobo rhetoric and just accept some truth.  The dude ain’t gonna win statewide office no matter your opinion of him or mine————but Beto O’Rourke is missing a huge fucking opportunity with this El Paso map bullshit to take some huge media swings at Cruz and at least score some points for the D’s.  I mean, come the fuck on, this is truly low hanging fruit.  His former foe tacitly claiming his hometown isn’t on the border?  I can write a dozen latenight zingers about Cruz on this by lunch.  What a fucking missed opportunity.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Ironically, he looks like Fidel Castro.

spacer.png

Cabrón stole my face. 

The campaign against wokeness by turning a neutral word into an insult works astonishing well with brainwashed right. They sneer at the label social justice warrior. Now it's actually promoting remaining asleep concerning BLM and Me Too. 

They openly embrace oppression as a defense of whatever they think freedom is.

spacer.png

George Orwell was a fucking genius savant.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The campaign against wokeness by turning a neutral word into an insult works astonishing well with brainwashed right. They sneer at the label social justice warrior. Now it's actually promoting remaining asleep concerning BLM and Me Too. 

They openly embrace oppression as a defense of whatever they think freedom is.

George Orwell was a fucking genius savant.

relevant to the discussion of GOP word salad shitbaggery and Orwell's genius 

https://www.orwellfoundation.com/the-orwell-foundation/orwell/essays-and-other-works/politics-and-the-english-language/

Edited by Lazarus Bocanegra
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Wait... I am a cultural Marxist? Glad someone clued me in.

**oh, and I am sure that since it is being mocked viscously, it just means those mocking are really afraid of the message. re: right wing "thought".

Edited by yoladu

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Jesus fucking Christ our fucking senator is just out publishing books with antisemitic subtitles? Nazi and neonazis fuckin LOVE to clutch their pearls over cUlTuRaL mArXiSm

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

animal-house.gif

Alternate cover:

Woke Cruz.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4