White House Now going after legal immigrants

Pancho

8 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

No, no, no.  I was told, numerous times, that these guys only had issues with ILLEGAL immigrants.  So, this story is clearly incorrect.

Also, what short-sighted bullshit.  According to this, my mother (actually born here and gringa, but if she was a child immigrant) wouldn't qualify because, when her mom fled her drunk, abusive husband, they ended up on food stamps for a while.  Sorry, lady.  You were on food stamps for a year during a rough patch - BE GONE!

This regime is predicated on pure, distilled assholery, nothing less.

• Like 1

If you follow the statements of Trump's top immigration advisors, the focus was always going to be on legal immigrants. They see an Asian CEO in Silicon Valley as more of a problem than an undocumented Mexican farmworker.

This is why we need to join the rest of the world with our immigration policies.  Go to merit based instead of the lotto and family connections. 

More than half of immigrant led households use welfare, the number jumps to near 75% when a child is involved.

https://www.politifact.com/georgia/statements/2017/aug/14/david-perdue/sen-david-perdue-half-immigrant-households-benefit/

Even Mexico required self sufficiency for immigrants, not welfare.

This is simply making good on what we already know and opponents try to cover up.  We are constantly bringing in a stream of government dependents straining the already minuscule resources of our social welfare programs. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Also a fan of placing work requirement for able bodied welfare recipients. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jaredmeyer/2017/06/01/maine-shows-how-to-make-welfare-work/amp/

Maine is a prime example of this working. Other states allow basically their whole population to be exempt of these requirements. 

It is a great motivating factor. 

On 8/7/2018 at 3:08 PM, Brisketexan said:

No, no, no.  I was told, numerous times, that these guys only had issues with ILLEGAL immigrants.  So, this story is clearly incorrect.

Also, what short-sighted bullshit.  According to this, my mother (actually born here and gringa, but if she was a child immigrant) wouldn't qualify because, when her mom fled her drunk, abusive husband, they ended up on food stamps for a while.  Sorry, lady.  You were on food stamps for a year during a rough patch - BE GONE!

This regime is predicated on pure, distilled assholery, nothing less.

You know, I'm where you are mentally. But are you ready? I'm in NY so I'm ready.  That's easy though.  We can break off clean at this point and join a bunch of liberal states in a union with Canada. But are you ready in TX? To leave it or fight for it?  Needs to be done. And on a state level. The nation is on borrowed time. And really, I dont give a fuck about Alabama enough to fight for people there. I'd rather cut bait on them for sure.  My ties to Texas are mine, but most Yankees would cut bait on Texas before they would even cut Alabama loose.  But Texas can swing the whole thing. So you need to swing Texas in or break Texas off. 

Hell, it would be pretty awesome if NY was a universal healthcare country that had cheap drug prices while Texas and the south paid higher prices for "drug development." You guys can even have a shitload of aircraft carriers fucking around all over the world on your dime.  NY doesnt need any. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

2 hours ago, Washpark said:

Ingraham has never married and is a single parent of three children: a girl from Guatamala,  whom she adopted in 2008;  a boy she adopted in 2009; and another boy she adopted in 2011. Both of the boys are from Russia. America's demographics are changing because Laura and her kind have kept their clean, white, thoroughbred bodies out of the baby-making business.  

32 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Ingraham has never married and is a single parent of three children: a girl from Guatamala,  whom she adopted in 2008;  a boy she adopted in 2009; and another boy she adopted in 2011. Both of the boys are from Russia. America's demographics are changing because Laura and her kind have kept their clean, white, thoroughbred bodies out of the baby-making business.  

So, some chicks need to pop that thang on her man... Is what I am getting out of it, but a lot of well educated women usually wait later in life to start a family too...

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

You know, I'm where you are mentally. But are you ready? I'm in NY so I'm ready.  That's easy though.  We can break off clean at this point and join a bunch of liberal states in a union with Canada. But are you ready in TX? To leave it or fight for it?  Needs to be done. And on a state level. The nation is on borrowed time. And really, I dont give a fuck about Alabama enough to fight for people there. I'd rather cut bait on them for sure.  My ties to Texas are mine, but most Yankees would cut bait on Texas before they would even cut Alabama loose.  But Texas can swing the whole thing. So you need to swing Texas in or break Texas off. 

Hell, it would be pretty awesome if NY was a universal healthcare country that had cheap drug prices while Texas and the south paid higher prices for "drug development." You guys can even have a shitload of aircraft carriers fucking around all over the world on your dime.  NY doesnt need any. 

Jesus Christ dude.

On topic, is anyone really surprised? This is where it was headed from day one.

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Hell, Alabama, Oklahoma et. al. can stop receiving funds from donor states and keep their shitty public schools, enact an evangelical theocracy, and  spend the money they don't have building useless walls.  But, hey, bakers in that country can refuse to bake cakes for whoever they want (except there can be no violations of the "rights" of special snowflake conservatives) and they will be free from the absolute horror that is Obamacare, and they can enact whatever bathroom laws they like.

Edited by lemonlime

18 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

This is why we need to join the rest of the world with our immigration policies.  Go to merit based instead of the lotto and family connections. 

More than half of immigrant led households use welfare, the number jumps to near 75% when a child is involved.

https://www.politifact.com/georgia/statements/2017/aug/14/david-perdue/sen-david-perdue-half-immigrant-households-benefit/

This is simply making good on what we already know and opponents try to cover up.  We are constantly bringing in a stream of government dependents straining the already minuscule resources of our social welfare programs. 

Yeah, in the context of Trump, it's pretty obnoxious, but most civilized countries require proof of financial self-sufficiency as part of applying for permanent resident type status.  And I suppose the flip side of that is that going on the dole would jeopardize the permanent resident type status.

If you are considering retiring to a Latin American country, for example.

• Like 1

I'm just fascinated by how every accusation is a confession.

Take gun control.  We face complete and total opposition to ANY gun control measures, because everyone knows that those evil lefties SAY they want to implement some reasonable gun control measures, but what they REALLY want is to TAKE AWAY OUR GUNS!

I've listened for YEARS now as this crowd has vociferously explained that NO, they do NOT have a problem with immigrants, just ILLEGAL immigrants.  I mean, over and over I've heard and read that.  And how DARE I say that they are anti-immigrant in general.  Then, as soon as they take power.....they start pushing back against ALL immigrants, NOT just "illegal" immigrants.

I'm sure y'all will understand when I tell you that I didn't believe these fuckers -- or any of the rest of you -- for even a split second when you told me that "it's just  about ILLEGAL immigrants."  And I won't ever believer another fucking position that you take, because you're proven fucking liars, acting with purpose to deceive.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you know, it's disheartening now, but these monsters have a reckoning coming. at least i hope. voters are not going to stand by as these people fuck with the fabric of our nation.

Sure they are.  Because the point is to divide us into clear teams, with no compromise.  Remember how Obama was the "most divisive president ever?"  What a pathetic piker he was.

Angry fucking white folks are drawing their line in the sand, and declaring war on anyone who doesn't comport with their "Leave it to Beaver" vision of America.  Be part of that, or GTFO.  There is no discussion, there is no compromise.  They are ramping up this fight.  We will ALL lose as a result -- that's a guarantee.  There's no winning this fight, only losing.  

This is what the Boomers have always done.  Started off on 2nd, expected people to sacrifice to get them to home, then wanted to take all the glory for themselves.  I've watched the ladder get pulled up right behind me several times in my life and the only reason I was on the right side of the ladder afterwards is because I could climb a little bit faster than they could pull it up.  I'm sure there are 100's of cases where I missed the ladder altogether.   The sooner we can get those fuckers out of power, the better off we're all going to be.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm just fascinated by how every accusation is a confession.

It's not that fascinating when you've accepted the P in GOP stood for "project" and not "party."

Make accusations against everyone else to distract that you're the one doing the same (or worse).

We've already been drugged like that guy.  The sodomy is coming.

0551c650465fa86654c4e8d406f9b50857b584-w

Edited by Js1

31 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, but joe's stone crab is fucking incredible.

No shit. I don't know about the franchised DC one, but the original in South Beach, holey crap. Its a little pricey, which explains the #2 ranking there, but well worth it.

Pro tip when visiting the South Beach location: The wait for a table can sometimes be 3 hours. But the bar, inside and out, is open seating and you can order from the smaller bar menu. Basically the bar has the lunch combo (few stone crab claws, hashbrowns, creamed spinach) available all the time. You can also go to Joe's Take Away right next door which is more casual and might have seating available. (After writing this, I looked at their website. Apparently Joes SB closed July 29th for the season and will reopen in October. Joe's Take Away opened August 1st - so maybe they aren't always open at the same time? *shrug*)

And now I can't wait to go back.  (that's conch fritters on the left and their delicious bread by the umbrella pole). p_Au_FBi_D.jpg

Edited by relapse98
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

No shit. I don't know about the franchised DC one, but the original in South Beach, holey crap. Its a little pricey, which explains the #2 ranking there, but well worth it.

Pro tip when visiting the South Beach location: The wait for a table can sometimes be 3 hours. But the bar, inside and out, is open seating and you can order from the smaller bar menu. Basically the bar has the lunch combo (few stone crab claws, hashbrowns, creamed spinach) available all the time. You can also go to Joe's Take Away right next door which is more casual and might have seating available.

And now I can't wait to go back.  (that's conch fritters on the left and their delicious bread by the umbrella pole). p_Au_FBi_D.jpg

I've only eaten at the one in caesars in vegas, once when a client took me after a surprise meeting at CES (who runs into people they know at CES?), and insisted on expensing it himself, despite my protestations. and more recently, i took some friends and my wife there. goddamn, the crab is good enough, then throw a filet in there and shit is good enough to ruin you for regular restauranting.

20 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

You're free to agree with this proposal, but don't you dare try to use "finite resources" as your support on the same day this administration is announcing the creation of a "space force."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Foosters said:

You're free to agree with this proposal, but don't you dare try to use "finite resources" as your support on the same day this administration is announcing the creation of a "space force."

Let’s not forget these numbers don’t include  babies born to non citizens (average of 250k a year) and the 18 year tax bill that comes with them. 

14 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Let’s not forget these numbers don’t include  babies born to non citizens (average of 250k a year) and the 18 year tax bill that comes with them. 

Again, you have lost all credibility when it comes to concern over the debt/deficit. Sorry about all the new brown US Citizens. Thanks for paying their way until they reach the age to vote your team out!

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I thought chain migration was bad?

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Doubtful this immigrant led household is receiving food stamps

So if a brown immigrant gets a free meal paid for with your tax dollars, that's a problem.  But if a white immigrant gets millions of dollars of Secret Service protection paid for with your tax dollars, that's, you know, different.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Did you vote for Trump?

If you did, you might want to reconsider pretending to be concerned about federal spending while simultaneously supporting the president who's engineered the biggest annual deficit in history.

Pro tip when visiting the South Beach location: The wait for a table can sometimes be 3 hours. But the bar, inside and out, is open seating and you can order from the smaller bar menu. Basically the bar has the lunch combo (few stone crab claws, hashbrowns, creamed spinach) available all the time. You can also go to Joe's Take Away right next door which is more casual and might have seating available. (After writing this, I looked at their website. Apparently Joes SB closed July 29th for the season and will reopen in October. Joe's Take Away opened August 1st - so maybe they aren't always open at the same time? *shrug*)

Or bring your Microsoft rep with you, have him work a deal to donate a bunch of software to the bartender’s charity, and cut in line in front of Dick Schaap.