High

nivek3

New to the family so to speak.

So new that I bought these tasty edibles.  Listed as 10mg.  What I didn't know was the dosage wasn't the square piece but the triangle piece.  I ate a square (20mg).  Fuck.

I learned the error of my ways and ate a triangle today and been buzzed ever since.  This shit is MUCH better than booze.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/23/2021 at 9:35 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

New to the family so to speak.

So new that I bought these tasty edibles.  Listed as 10mg.  What I didn't know was the dosage wasn't the square piece but the triangle piece.  I ate a square (20mg).  Fuck.

I learned the error of my ways and ate a triangle today and been buzzed ever since.  This shit is MUCH better than booze.

Wait, so the first time you ever tried weed you ate 20 mgs?  

On 12/28/2021 at 12:07 AM, hornbri said:

In Oregon for the week so stocked up. (At the in-laws so make what you will of the blanket)

D43C2B6E-7796-44C9-98D6-530A7902813F.jpeg

I have a bottle of similar pineapple syrup. Also like 1000 mg in a 4 oz bottle. Been sitting in my closet for months as I have no idea what to do with it. Thought about adding some to some sparkling water, but I feel like if my measurements are even slightly off, I'm gonna be crawling inside my head for a few hours. 

27 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Why did I think eating a whole family-sized bag of peanut M&Ms was a good idea last night?

This is my current issue. 

“We’ll, I’m not real hungry and I’m going to be sitting here watching football for the next couple of hours, might as well smoke and relax a bit.”

(45 mins after smoking)

”Well, I guess I’ll make mouth love to the burrito I was saving for lunch tomorrow and polish off the rest of the berry cheerios before going to bed miserable and full of milk.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/25/2021 at 10:41 PM, Droopy said:

Yes! Smoke it for 5 mins, then stir it a little, then finish it. Save the bud to make gummies later. It goes with me everywhere. 

Yes, you do. It’s a different smoke and high than burning, but it gives you such a smooth high. Finished my plate of leftovers a couple hours ago and just smoked before bed. So high and chill. Happy Thanksgiving, Turkeys!

ps- I forgot to mention, it’s great for family gatherings. Quick 3 mins outside, then I’m ready to deal with all the family bullshit and hoopla. Nobody knows but me and my breath mint. 

I bought myself a Pax 3 for Christmas along with a set of Budkups, which are little perforated metal compartments to stuff full that supposedly makes cleaning a lot easier, as well as allowing for packing multiple rounds in advance, and for on-the-go use. 

I'm not a lightweight but not a heavyweight in terms of my tolerance (usually smoke 1.5-2 one hitters, but mine is deeper than most; or eat ~15g of gummies at a time; or take 2-5 hits from a disposable vape pen), but I am having a hard time figuring out how to use my Pax to get me good and baked. I've used it for 3-4 separate chambers full. I have packed the Budkups as densely and tightly as physically possible, so I don't think that's the issue. 

I have started on the lowest setting for two sessions, and incrementally done two sessions at each of the other three heat settings, and I have also just skipped the lowest setting and started on #2/yellow. 

I feel like for as many hits as I take per session (8-10?), I ought to be good and stoned, not just kind of baked for a half hour, and then sneaking off to the bathroom to hit a hidden vape pen. 

I've read up on it, and people say that you have to "learn how to hit it" and people compare it to sipping coffee or slowly drinking a milkshake through a straw. My most successful approach to this point is to take a slow, intermittent draw, almost like I'm trying to pull the "smoke" through the device as slowly as possible. I pull for 2-3 seconds, pause for 1-2 seconds, and repeat for as long as I have the patience to do so, and I usually stop when I feel like it ought to be doing something, but it's almost like a false sense of a normal high coming on. 

Any advice? 

Edit: I haven't used the app and have no intention of installing such thing on my phone. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I bought myself a Pax 3 for Christmas along with a set of Budkups, which are little perforated metal compartments to stuff full that supposedly makes cleaning a lot easier, as well as allowing for packing multiple rounds in advance, and for on-the-go use. 

I'm not a lightweight but not a heavyweight in terms of my tolerance (usually smoke 1.5-2 one hitters, but mine is deeper than most; or eat ~15g of gummies at a time; or take 2-5 hits from a disposable vape pen), but I am having a hard time figuring out how to use my Pax to get me good and baked. I've used it for 3-4 separate chambers full. I have packed the Budkups as densely and tightly as physically possible, so I don't think that's the issue. 

I have started on the lowest setting for two sessions, and incrementally done two sessions at each of the other three heat settings, and I have also just skipped the lowest setting and started on #2/yellow. 

I feel like for as many hits as I take per session (8-10?), I ought to be good and stoned, not just kind of baked for a half hour, and then sneaking off to the bathroom to hit a hidden vape pen. 

I've read up on it, and people say that you have to "learn how to hit it" and people compare it to sipping coffee or slowly drinking a milkshake through a straw. My most successful approach to this point is to take a slow, intermittent draw, almost like I'm trying to pull the "smoke" through the device as slowly as possible. I pull for 2-3 seconds, pause for 1-2 seconds, and repeat for as long as I have the patience to do so, and I usually stop when I feel like it ought to be doing something, but it's almost like a false sense of a normal high coming on. 

Any advice? 

Edit: I haven't used the app and have no intention of installing such thing on my phone. 

I dont know the answer but I have the same experience with Vape pens and the cartridges. Tried a couple of different types of pen and cartridge and never really got a good result. Said fuck it and went back to my pipe or edibles. Stressing over why you arent high enough is simply not a workable option. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Any advice? 

Never used bud cups, and I keep mine at 400. I have started to grind my flower but not overly ground, and it doesn’t have to be packed in just filled. 

Military a slightly different high, in that it’s not immediate but if you smoke on it for 8-10 hits, you’ll be good. 

Rule of 5:

Turn it on and once it heats up, I count to 5 Mississippi, then draw in for a 5m count. I then hold it in for 5m count and exhale. 

Start the count over and repeat the process. 

Let me know how it goes, but once you get it dialed in you’ll love it. My BIL is a heavy smoker and he gets great results. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Any advice? 

I use those as it makes it easier to keep my pax clean BUT they take longer to heat up enough to get good hits. I tend to puff on it like a cigar until I know I'm getting some vapor. Also, I have noticed the high is gentler with a pax. It creeps on you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I tried a delta 8 THC gummy a few weeks ago. Holy shit that was a terrible experience. Took an hour to kick in and when it did oh my god. Heart rate was through the roof, heart was pounding, and I was pretty much hyper aware of everything around me. Wife kept asking if I was okay and I couldn't articulate a full sentence. I could think it but not say it. How the fuck do yall mellow out on this stuff? 

Never tried one, but I know two people that work for CANN. Both are absolute smokeshows that left promising careers at a Fortune 100 tech company to take sales leadership positions at Cann. Have no idea how compensation compares, but they both seem pretty happy when I talk to them. Before they even worked there, they both raved about the products. 

What’s everyone’s consensus on THC sodas? Saw some at the dispensary this past weekend but I’ve never thought to buy them. I think I’m a pretty typical shopper; usually buy a couple pre rolled with moon rocks, 5-7 regular pre rolled, and a 100mg package of N Fuzed gummies. 
Got one in Vegas and my buddy drank some and just passed out. In Alaska my gf bought a hash lemonade, I was pretty high but she got sick

On 1/26/2022 at 11:42 AM, Theo Aquacates said:

What’s everyone’s consensus on THC sodas? Saw some at the dispensary this past weekend but I’ve never thought to buy them. I think I’m a pretty typical shopper; usually buy a couple pre rolled with moon rocks, 5-7 regular pre rolled, and a 100mg package of N Fuzed gummies. 

First, tolerance. 

Most I’ve seen are 100mg/can. 

How is your edible dose? Go similar. 

Now, that said, get a rootbeer and make a fucking float. 

kthxbai. 

On 1/22/2022 at 9:06 PM, HRSchenker said:

I tried a delta 8 THC gummy a few weeks ago. Holy shit that was a terrible experience. Took an hour to kick in and when it did oh my god. Heart rate was through the roof, heart was pounding, and I was pretty much hyper aware of everything around me. Wife kept asking if I was okay and I couldn't articulate a full sentence. I could think it but not say it. How the fuck do yall mellow out on this stuff? 

That just sounds like you took too much for your tolerance level and freaked out just like people do with weed. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

I took half of a 20mg gummy. I guess next time I should start with a foot or an ear? It was a crazy experience 
I don't think the quality and quantity control are present in this market at all so that might explain some of it. That and 20 is a decent amt for lower tolerance imo

1 hour ago, midtown said:
2 hours ago, HRSchenker said:
I took half of a 20mg gummy. I guess next time I should start with a foot or an ear? It was a crazy experience 

I don't think the quality and quantity control are present in this market at all so that might explain some of it. That and 20 is a decent amt for lower tolerance imo

Do you recommend a certain brand? I used a company called Extract Labs 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Do you recommend a certain brand? I used a company called Extract Labs 

Twisted labs and mad monkey are good and pretty consistent but they are strong but you can find plenty of testing info on them also.  I tried a lot of brands before finding decent ones.  Some of the shops have delta 9 gummies now, found some in a shop in Luling driving thru a few weeks ago of all places and they were Urb brand and were really good.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Twisted labs and mad monkey are good and pretty consistent but they are strong but you can find plenty of testing info on them also.  I tried a lot of brands before finding decent ones.  Some of the shops have delta 9 gummies now, found some in a shop in Luling driving thru a few weeks ago of all places and they were Urb brand and were really good.  

Delta 9’s onset is crazy fast and pretty intense off the bat. 

I think Delta 8 is fine for chilling and not getting blasted tho. The real stuff is always better, but I can drive the 1/4 mile to American Shaman to get some poor man’s substitutes in a pinch

• Like 1