2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

2 errors, 2 wild pitches.
It’s like we’re facing a team that is 2 games under .500 against teams not named twins, royals, tigers, White Sox.

Seriously, remember waaay back on Thursday when everyone was saying this was by far the most evenly matched series and how shocking it would be if it didn’t go 5?
No. Did people really say that? Lol@people

4 minutes ago, Smax said:

Who was

I listened to the Ringer MLB podcast series preview.  This was the series Michael Bauman and Ben Lindbergh were most looking forward to.  Can’t remember if they thought it would go 5, or just hoped it would go 5, but they definitely weren’t predicting sweep.

Who was

Jim Bowden for one.

I feel like I read/heard a handful of people talking about how evenly matched these two were, which is stupid...but to be fair, raise your hand if you honestly expected the Astros offense to perform like this.

Clutch hits left and right. Wore down the bullpen in games 1 and 2 and crushed them in game 3

Work got in the way of baseball today.

Sat down at the beginning of the 8th, with a freshly poured Oktoberfest.

These are the good times in life.  Actually happiest for Correa.  Keep fighting, mofo.  It’s on its way back!!!

so i didn't post this before the game, out of possible jinx/gooch repercussions, but i think it's safe now.

someone on the pregame said donaldson made a comment that, "yeah, the astros have played perfect baseball, but we're still in it" or something to that effect.  i think this is just how it looks when you're playing a team that's really fucking good and a lot better than you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I’m so glad we got the Indians this year before they change the rules in the offseason to make sure the AL East winner gets the weakest division winner when the wild card is better

For another thread, but how does it get quantified as ‘better?’  What if Cleveland’s Division was tougher than hell and the lower winning percentage didn’t necessarily reflect that a higher win Wildcard team was better?

I like it how it is. Reward Division winners.  College football, paying attention?

For another thread, but how does it get quantified as ‘better?’  What if Cleveland’s Division was tougher than hell and the lower winning percentage didn’t necessarily reflect that a higher win Wildcard team was better?

I like it how it is. Reward Division winners.  College football, paying attention?

My post was a pre-emptive sarcastic response to Red Sox fans if the Yankees beat them.

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so i didn't post this before the game, out of possible jinx/gooch repercussions, but i think it's safe now.

someone on the pregame said donaldson made a comment that, "yeah, the astros have played perfect baseball, but we're still in it" or something to that effect.  i think this is just how it looks when you're playing a team that's really fucking good and a lot better than you.

Dude, we still gotta get three more outs.

But then... so do they. muahahaha