Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

10 hours ago, LTbear said:

Looking at the bear, that's in Alaska, likely Katmai. If you're out on a trail and a bear is coming, you're supposed to scoot over and let them pass if talking and the sight of you doesn't make it turn. Could have given him a bit more room perhaps. 

(Coastal brown bears are way more tolerant than inland grizzlies. They have to be, because they live in such high densities. Still, of course, there's dudes like Grizzly Man who did the ultimate fuck around and find out.)

Username checks out.

• Hook 'Em 5

11 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I came within 5 feet of a lion when we did the safari thing.  The ones in the national parks are somewhat indifferent to humans in vehicles.  Those guys sitting up front know what they’re doing.  I also talked to a guy who was a guide in Namibia who had to shoot a lion when one of his clients got out of the vehicle and tried to pet the cubs.  Mamma was not happy about that.  Should’ve shot the client, but that would probably be bad for business.  Do what you’re told to do, follow the rules, and it’s a good time.

3E72819C-9539-48C0-A7B9-E36A5CAA40B7.thumb.jpeg.1dba111bcf2fab75ef66a3ac7345c218.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I also talked to a guy who was a guide in Namibia who had to shoot a lion when one of his clients got out of the vehicle and tried to pet the cubs.  Mamma was not happy about that. 

Some people seriously need to be beaten.

Edited by LTbear
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I came within 5 feet of a lion when we did the safari thing.  The ones in the national parks are somewhat indifferent to humans in vehicles.  Those guys sitting up front know what they’re doing.  I also talked to a guy who was a guide in Namibia who had to shoot a lion when one of his clients got out of the vehicle and tried to pet the cubs.  Mamma was not happy about that.  Should’ve shot the client, but that would probably be bad for business.  Do what you’re told to do, follow the rules, and it’s a good time.

3E72819C-9539-48C0-A7B9-E36A5CAA40B7.thumb.jpeg.1dba111bcf2fab75ef66a3ac7345c218.jpeg

https://youtu.be/7dw8SCUcXYU

12 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Get your pencils and pads out boys and girls, this is how you humble brag.  Sweet pict.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I also talked to a guy who was a guide in Namibia who had to shoot a lion when one of his clients got out of the vehicle and tried to pet the cubs.  

It's the guide's fault for not being clear.  Maybe he should have had an app that translates into Chinese. 

On 7/20/2023 at 9:45 AM, crash_davis said:

On 7/20/2023 at 2:20 PM, Superhero said:

The bear shoulda beared. 

I wouldn’t shed a tear if these dumbasses found out.

On 7/20/2023 at 2:27 PM, crash_davis said:

It appears that the people were walking on a gravel paved trail when the bear crossed them. What else they were supposed to do? Run? Hell no. Intimidate the bear? Hell no. Stand and film possibly your last minutes is ok with me.

On 7/20/2023 at 2:57 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

Just grin and bear it.

On 7/20/2023 at 10:54 PM, LTbear said:

Looking at the bear, that's in Alaska, likely Katmai. If you're out on a trail and a bear is coming, you're supposed to scoot over and let them pass if talking and the sight of you doesn't make it turn. Could have given him a bit more room perhaps. 

(Coastal brown bears are way more tolerant than inland grizzlies. They have to be, because they live in such high densities. Still, of course, there's dudes like Grizzly Man who did the ultimate fuck around and find out.)

Montana Bear don't care, Woman FA with Grizzly FO the terminal way

A woman was found dead after an “apparent bear encounter” near Yellowstone National Park in Montana on Saturday.

The Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks (FWP) said investigators confirmed grizzly bear tracks at the scene and said the investigation was ongoing. 

The woman was discovered on the Buttermilk Trail, an area about 8 miles west of West Yellowstone. U.S. Forest rangers of the Custer Gallatin National Forest issued an emergency closure of the area “for human safety.” 

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Ya I saw the reports on the woman (I live in Montana). But the bear in the original video is definitely in Alaska, which makes a huge difference - the coastal bears, by virtue of living in high-density populations within a resource-dense environment for thousands of years, have evolved to be dramatically more chill/ tolerant than inland grizzlies, which occupy much more resource-deficient habitats by comparison.

• Like 1

Ya I saw the reports on the woman (I live in Montana). But the bear in the original video is definitely in Alaska, which makes a huge difference - the coastal bears, by virtue of living in high-density populations within a resource-dense environment for thousands of years, have evolved to be dramatically more chill/ tolerant than inland grizzlies, which occupy much more resource-deficient habitats by comparison.

Username check out.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/22/2023 at 5:08 AM, conVINCEd said:

Been within five feet of a great white as well.  Trying to pet it never occurred to me.  I’ve apparently lived a sheltered life.

Been about 100 feet away from a barracuda that was eyeing me.  I went from 1500 psi to 500 psi in about 15 seconds.