Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

On 8/18/2023 at 4:05 PM, RPM said:

Another possibility is its natural gas as in seeping straight out of the ground no pipe involved. That area is a huge drilling field. Gas has no odor until they add it during refining. A detector would pick it up, but if it's naturally seeping and you build a space for it to accumulate... boom. 

Yep but not until it reaches the LEL so a large enough pocket like a house crawl space wouldn’t be able to create a small combustion - it couldn’t ignite until it would be what it was. 

I don't have a cool pic to go with this story but, in the 80's a kid was bitten by a bat on that (Cave) ride.  The kid apparently left w/o leaving contact info.  The bat turned out to be rabid.  So, for a few days, the local radio stations ran PSAs exhorting the kid to get to a doc.  A few years ago, I found a news article in either the Morning News or DTH describing the event as I was beginning to wonder if I'd imagined this as a kid. The Cave ride wasn't as appealing to me after that.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 8:00 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

That cop is a badass.

Dude is probably responsible for > 33% of arrests in ATL.

17 hours ago, nnm said:

I doubt I'd volunteer to drive behind @Wulaw Horn, 'cause you know he's wedging his rig at the low clearance section (~1:15) , meaning everyone behind is gonna have to reverse out of that bitch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Man build 1,000 bridges and suck just one dick (fuck up the RV roof) and do people say- hey- there goes Wulaw the Bridge Builder? Oh no, it's there goes Wulaw the cocksucker. 

I had to go find the surveillance video   took fking forever, but finally found the archived moment that Wulaw became famous.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I had to go find the surveillance video   took fking forever, but finally found the archived moment that Wulaw became famous.

That’s looks so much like a RR bridge in my town that I thought that was it until I rewatched it. There is a truck detour that takes large trucks on a different route, but a few times a year, a tractor trailer rig gets the sardine can treatment…and the local paper gets a news story to recycle. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

On 8/16/2023 at 11:40 AM, Incredulity said:

So that's three houses destroyed, correct?

Serious HOLY SHIT.

The 3 houses across the street have been condemned and need to be torn down, 10 more in the neighborhood damaged and waiting to for inspection to determine if they need to be torn down. 

Just now, Cheeseweasel said:

I feel bad for people who didn't grow up in the 70's and live for moments like this on Wide World of Sports. 

I was soooooo pissed off I couldn't get Dad to take me to this. It was at Green Valley Raceway for Christ's sake!

• Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, RPM said:

I was soooooo pissed off I couldn't get Dad to take me to this. It was at Green Valley Raceway for Christ's sake!

My dad did take me to this.  One of my earliest memories.  The demolition derby beforehand was my favorite part.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

And like every kid in the 70's, you went home, build a make-shift ramp and jumped over shit with your bike. I still have the scars.

All day long, all summer long up until somewhere around 13-14 years old.  Then someone's brother got a car and the parents real headaches started.  

Thank god there were no cellphone cameras.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

All day long, all summer long up until somewhere around 13-14 years old.  Then someone's brother got a car and the parents real headaches started.  

Thank god there were no cellphone cameras.

Funny how where ever you grew up you shared common experiences. Like the garbage bag full of playboys in the woods. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

44 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

All day long, all summer long up until somewhere around 13-14 years old. 

A slight miscalculation in the ramp speed/angle of attack/yaw/gravity formula resulted in me learning what a coccyx was.

Wide World of Sports was must see back in the days before VCRs (remember those?). Jim McKay was perfect as the host. I'll never forget him covering the '72 Olympics in Munich. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yp5cPNgwWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cUrvOdiawU

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a bike from S&H Green Stamps that had long handlebars, a banana seat and chrome hoop at the rear.  The farm kids in the area built ramps, hauled in sand for landing areas and really worked at who could jump the farthest.  Finally broke the frame of the S&H jumper and that was about the time I heard of a girl that lived 2 miles down the road.  It was time for a Western Auto road bike.  

• Hook 'Em 2

image.png.3bfda9ee8f3b3b92f027769f4f6910b1.png

Weird bit of trivia. She (albeit it at a younger age) filmed Evel tumbling down the asphalt at Caesars.

Evans and John Derek were dating. The latter was working on a movie about Evel (it was never made). Linda was given a camera to shoot the landing.

Some landing it was. She nailed the footage. Evel didn't nail the landing.

17 minutes ago, baboso said:

John Derek pulled some grade A trim.

He did well, but Warren Beatty is the GOAT. Every A lister, and estimated over 12,000 more. 
https://m.famousfix.com/topic/warren-beatty/dating

Errol Flynn, Frank Sinatra, Clark Gable, and Richard Burton were legends too:

https://filmstarfacts.com/2017/05/15/top-30-time-hollywood-lotharios-pt-5-1-5/