Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

44 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Go on.

Liston was hooked up with some bad dudes, mob and was dealing heroin. Story is he took a dive because he was in debt to the mob 1st fight. Fight 2 he made a deal for a percentage of Ali for life and went down again. When LV locals would give him shit for losing twice he would tell them he owned Ali for life. Mob made sure that "life" wasn't for long. At least according to this:

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Huntsville State Park.

Good for the lady in the Bucee's towel but where's the spare poodle when you need it?

I love nature as much as the next guy but I don't want alligators to have free reign to shut down lakes and ponds where people are swimming and using. They own Florida, they don't need to own this state.

Fuck that gator cause he was looking for dinner. Fucker needs to be shot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Well, if you’re playing golf with a guy in a muscle shirt, you might be on the wrong course, prior to checking your tee time.

Hook’em!!!

There was a golf course in Beaumont called Iron Oaks. They had a sign of the usual rules must play with your own clubs, no carts on tee boxes and greens etc but, my favorite, golfers must have shirts on at all times. Every time I went there I wondered about the specific incident that made them add that rule.

On 8/29/2023 at 10:03 AM, Chad Fuck said:

All you guys need to do yourself a favor and check out the Evel Kneivel museum.  I happened to be in Topeka for work with some time to kill.  It's one of the coolest places you've ever been:  https://www.evelknievelmuseum.com

I loved watching Evel Kneivel as a kid, but he really was a shitty daredevil. 

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I did that a couple years ago when we were in Africa.

The pool itself doesn't have just a whole lot of flow over it.  It's kind of like an infinity pool with just about a half-foot of water going over the rock that separates the pool from the Falls.  So to go over, you'd probably have to purposefully slide yourself over.

Even so, there's a reason the camera doesn't show her feet.  That's because there are two guides with her, one holding each ankle.  And then there's a third guy back there just as an extra hand.

Getting that photo isn't the dangerous part.  The dangerous part is getting out to Devil's Pool.  That's where you're walking out on very slippery rocks that have about a foot of flow going over them.  One misstep there, and you can go for a tumble and be swept just a little bit downstream over the Falls.  That's where you really rely on your three guides.  They've been doing this since they were kids, and they know exactly where to step (and, more importantly, where not to step).  They lead the way.  You have one guy holding each hand while you take a step.  And then between steps you grab the hand of the next guy.  So anytime you're taking a step, you have two guys holding you.

But anyway, you get out there and look down, and the view is amazing.  This video doesn't even really do it justice.  I went at a somewhat higher flow time (early July), so the flow was such that you couldn't see anywhere close to the bottom.  All you see is the mist, which is actually coming back up towards you.  It's just staring into a wild maelstrom with a background roar that is almost deafening.

I’ll take your word for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I did that a couple years ago when we were in Africa.

The pool itself doesn't have just a whole lot of flow over it.  It's kind of like an infinity pool with just about a half-foot of water going over the rock that separates the pool from the Falls.  So to go over, you'd probably have to purposefully slide yourself over.

Even so, there's a reason the camera doesn't show her feet.  That's because there are two guides with her, one holding each ankle.  And then there's a third guy back there just as an extra hand.

Getting that photo isn't the dangerous part.  The dangerous part is getting out to Devil's Pool.  That's where you're walking out on very slippery rocks that have about a foot of flow going over them.  One misstep there, and you can go for a tumble and be swept just a little bit downstream over the Falls.  That's where you really rely on your three guides.  They've been doing this since they were kids, and they know exactly where to step (and, more importantly, where not to step).  They lead the way.  You have one guy holding each hand while you take a step.  And then between steps you grab the hand of the next guy.  So anytime you're taking a step, you have two guys holding you.

But anyway, you get out there and look down, and the view is amazing.  This video doesn't even really do it justice.  I went at a somewhat higher flow time (early July), so the flow was such that you couldn't see anywhere close to the bottom.  All you see is the mist, which is actually coming back up towards you.  It's just staring into a wild maelstrom with a background roar that is almost deafening.

Well if I was a ghost, I MIGHT try it.  Otherwise, hell to the no.