Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Meh. I’m fine with it. If this is what the Republican really want, then let them have it and let them reap the whirlwind. 

The whirlwind of... continuing to win. Continuing to dismantle a woman's right to choose. Continue to dismantle representative democracy controlled by the citizens. Continue to dismantle the voting rights of minorities.

But their decorum? TERRIBLE, SIR!

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Corker.....

I don’t understand the opinion that nothing has been presenting that corroborate fords accusations.  One major reason is that the senate won’t allow it.  I guess corker was thinking ford might show up with Polaroids or something.   If Corker believes that ford had compelling testimony, why not ask for a deeper investigation?     Corker would prefer to have an attempted rapist on the bench rather than risk a Democrat 

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The GOP is gonna reap what they sow, come the voting in November.  It's like they want to get women out to vote.

Gonna play the long game...... punt this year.  Hope to keep the Senate and concentrate on keeping the WH in 20 and hopefully get Congress back in 2022.  Meanwhile, they have their guy for 30 years.  

• Like 3

This is about politics for the democrats and not whether this woman was assaulted or not.
Democrats can't stop his nomination based on his record, so they bring unsubstantiated allegations to try and derail it.
Bullshit. She came forward. Her testimony alone was enough to substantiate it. And republicans refused to allow a full investigation or even talk to the one witness who everyone agreed had valuable information. They need to be hung with this.

Just now, troph said:

SIAP I’m only now joining the discussion tonight ....

Wow this picture ...

26edfb55c7316716703643f9d57e42de.png

... who wants to claim reasonable women believe Brett. Most here look disgusted or ashamed or look like they wish they weren’t a part of this, including his wife.

I am just thankful this screenshot doesn’t contain anyone giving the OK sign

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

The whirlwind of... continuing to win. Continuing to dismantle a woman's right to choose. Continue to dismantle representative democracy controlled by the citizens. Continue to dismantle the voting rights of minorities.

But their decorum? TERRIBLE, SIR!

The Kav is not gonna take away Roe if that’s what your worried about. 

The repubs are gonna get an asshole passed through to replace Kennedy even if its not this guy. It’s inevitable.

If this is the guy they’re gone hang their hat on, then they will pay a price for that.

And if you don’t believe that matters then nothing matters anyway. 

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

This. 

We are going to have to read articles in the New York Times tomorrow their real meanings.... we have jumped the shark as a culture.

I always thought Devil's Triangle was sticking your cock in all three holes.Mouth, pussy and ass.  I don't think it's two guys and a girl. 

Edited by Woodrow Call

Just now, JimmyJames said:

The Kav is not gonna take away Roe if that’s what your worried about. 

The repubs are gonna get an asshole passed through to replace Kennedy even if its not this guy. It’s inevitable.

If this is the guy they’re gone hang their hat on, then they will pay a price for that.

And if you don’t believe that matters then nothing matters anyway. 

This is classic 7th stage of grief

12 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah like the false charges levied against Gorsuch.

Try again troll. 

Gorsuch was to replace Scalia. One conservative for another. No big deal. No huge effort against him was a way for the liberals to act they weren't really totally deranged. 

Kavanaugh for Kennedy? No way!! Kennedy was swing vote. Dems were all over him like a duck on june bug.

Right out of the gate.

“In selecting Judge Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court, President Trump has put reproductive rights and freedoms and health care protections for millions of Americans on the judicial chopping block. … I will oppose Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination with everything I have, and I hope a bipartisan majority will do the same.” — Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

http://www.thegardenisland.com/2018/07/09/news/quotes-on-brett-kavanaughs-nomination-to-the-supreme-court/

Just now, Incredulity said:

This is classic 7th stage of grief

Well then it was pretty quick then eh? Took about one minute to get to stage seven. 

Actually I enjoy watching the current state of the Republican Party hang itself. If true, congrats on your win! May you truly get what you ultimately deserve.

Just now, Crusher said:

Gorsuch was to replace Scalia. One conservative for another. No big deal. No huge effort against him was a way for the liberals to act they weren't really totally deranged. 

Kavanaugh for Kennedy? No way!! Kennedy was swing vote. Dems were all over him like a duck on june bug.

Right out of the gate.

“In selecting Judge Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court, President Trump has put reproductive rights and freedoms and health care protections for millions of Americans on the judicial chopping block. … I will oppose Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination with everything I have, and I hope a bipartisan majority will do the same.” — Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

http://www.thegardenisland.com/2018/07/09/news/quotes-on-brett-kavanaughs-nomination-to-the-supreme-court/

Yes, but Kavanaugh clerked for Kennedy.

My guess is that Collins, murkowski, manchin and flake were negotiating which ones will vote yes and which ones can vote no.   Manchin will be allowed to vote yes, and so will flake with some deal being made between flake, Collins and murkowski.  Collins and murkowski get to vote no.    Flake and Arizona get something in the future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crusher said:

Right out of the gate.

no go back and tell  us what the GOP senators said about any Obama nominee.

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

Not a shock.  He did not want to answer the next question (“Do you think she was lying?”), so he lied about not watching her testimony.  It’s facially incredible that he wouldn’t watch it.  Didn’t the Republicans freak out when it was suggested that he go first, without an opportunity to hear the allegations against him before responding?

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My guess is that Collins, murkowski, manchin and flake were negotiating which ones will vote yes and which ones can vote no.   Manchin will be allowed to vote yes, and so will flake with some deal being made between flake, Collins and murkowski.  Collins and murkowski get to vote no.    Flake and Arizona get something in the future.

flake has no future

4 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Right out of the gate.

Kennedy was a never in doubt corporate and business friendly conservative who authored the terrrible citizens united opinion and did whatever corporate America told him to do. He saved Roe I guess and allowed the gays to get married, because that’s what corporate America wanted him to do. He did far more harm to this country than Scalia did. 

So Good riddance to the guy. 

And yeah whoever trump replaces him with will suck to. That’s why trump tapped pussy grabber 2 to be kennedy’s replacement. He will be just the same corporate lap dog that Kennedy was. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 1

Again: all of you Republicans bitching about the fact that the Dems sat on this info for two months before releasing it are conveniently ignoring the fact that the Republicans blocked a valid SC nomination for almost a full freaking year.  

Not for a felony accusation.  Not for any reason, really.  They just didn't like the Dem who nominated him.

So put a cork in your outrage about the timing of this story.  It makes you look stupid and hypocritical.

You're accusing the Dems of using this as a political weapon.  Well, the Republicans used a vacant SC seat to help win a presidential election; a seat that should've been filled like 9 months earlier, except that they basically filibustered it, which they aren't even allowed to do.

So watch where you point that foul play finger...

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 8
  • Fuck You 1

Still wouldn't be surprised if more shit derails him. Otherwise, congratulations McConnell, you got your guy. And the GOP is the party of rapists, liars and con men. Hope it was worth it.

I'm going to sleep. I hope all those saying you'll never vote for a republican again are serious. Remember this feeling. Write it down in your calendar.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

After some thought, there’s no way Flake can vote yes and have any type of political future.  This vote is really about truth versus lies and it’s clear Kavanaugh isn’t on the side of truth. 

Good for you that you get a frequent download from Soros.

Bad for us you choose to vomit it on the board.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

All falling in line.....

I'm still waiting to be wrong about how bad this shit is.  This is exactly what I said would happen above.

I got the Roy Moore election wrong, but by just a handful of votes.  On everything else -- on every point of "it will be as bad as you can imagine" -- I've hit the bullseye.  But it's not like I have some secret insight.  It's really easy.  Figure out what the most evil thing that could happen is, and bet on that happening.  You'll be right, too.   Like, all the time*.

* Roy Moore and his sweet Sassy excepted, of course.

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Again: all of you Republicans bitching about the fact that the Dems sat on this info for two months before releasing it are conveniently ignoring the fact that the Republicans blocked a valid SC nomination for almost a full freaking year.  

Not for a felony accusation.  Not for any reason, really.  They just didn't like the Dem who nominated him.

So put a cork in your outrage about the timing of this story.  It makes you look stupid and hypocritical.

No real empathy for Ford. No consideration of the thousands of stories just like hers where the victim desperately wants to keep the shame to herself. Turning a blind eye to two other accusers struggling with similar shame who decided to come forward even after seeing Ford's life turned upside down.

Just give Ford a few hours to tell her story, then bring BK on after her. Make it to the end of the 15th round, and depend on the judges' decision in the Senate to get you across the finish line.

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:

Still wouldn't be surprised if more shit derails him. 

Will not be surprising when more accusers come forward. BK and Judge's antics probably weren't limited to Ford and the one gang rape.

Edited by retread

15 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

You're accusing the Dems of using this as a political weapon.  Well, the Republicans used a vacant SC seat to help win a presidential election; a seat that should've been filled like 9 months earlier, except that they basically filibustered it, which they aren't even allowed to do.

So watch where you point that foul play finger...

You’re okay with them fucking over Dr. Ford and her family for politics?  Because that’s what they did.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1