Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They

dont

have 

the

votes

I think the reason those four meet is to decide how they are going to  keep him from getting confirmed. I bet they all agree that he can’t be confirmed and want to have the right ones of them vote no that would be at least politically damaging to each of them. In other words they want to come to an agreement on which of them will have the least to lose by preventing his confirmation. 

Senate GOP Whip John Cornyn explaining why Rachel Mitchell stopped asking Qs partway through: “Frankly, I think there was some frustration among the senators that they thought there were arguments that needed to be made, that she frankly was not equipped to make.”

17 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

How many survivors of sexual abuse, assault or violence do you know? They usually don't tell. They often blame themselves and they often don't think they will be believed. A 65 year old woman called C-Span today and described how she was assaulted by an older boy at a party when she was 15. She began her story by saying "of course I was not as blameless as Dr Ford."

And theyre right. They wont be believed. Look at today. Who the fuck would want to go through the shit Ford was put through today?  

• Like 2

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I think the reason those four meet is to decide how they are going to  keep him from getting confirmed. I bet they all agree that he can’t be confirmed and want to have the right ones of them vote no that would be at least politically damaging to each of them. In other words they want to come to an agreement on which of them will have the least to lose by preventing his confirmation. 

I agreed. I don’t trust Collins though. 

24 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Hi! I’ve been voting Libertarian or democrat for a long, long time. The GOP has lost me.

Me too. And John Warner is basically my all time politician. Pretty much if you Google center-right you get my picture. Basically every normal Republican like me is dunzo. 

Fuck the GOP.

6 minutes ago, used2b said:

Lindsey Graham was met with applause and cheers when he walked into the GOP meeting this evening.  

Of course he was.  

When Republicans talk about family values, they're talking about protecting fathers from the disgraces of their pasts.  When they talk about small government, they're talking about government looking the other way.

We've all got skeletons in the closet, right, wink?

And if you help me keep mine hidden there, I'll lower your tax bill.

• Like 1

Adjudicative Guidelines for Determining Eligibility for Access to Classified Information:

a) Allegiance to the United States b) Foreign influence c) Foreign preference d) Sexual behavior e) Personal conduct f) Financial considerations g) Alcohol consumption h) Drug involvement i) Emotional, mental, and personality disorders j) Criminal conduct k) Security violations l) Outside activities m) Misuse of Information Technology Systems

https://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/security-clearance-jobs/official-security-clearance-guidelines.html

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I believe she believes her accusation.

I thank god that isn’t the pretense under which our society works.

I have said from the beginning of this thread if legit corroboration exist Kavanaugh should be done.  MULTIPLE uncorroborated claims isn’t corroboration.

He is a liar that has told several verifiable lies. Even if the sexual accusations didnt exist, he shouldnt be confirmed. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I believe she believes her accusation.

I thank god that isn’t the pretense under which our society works.[/b[]

I have said from the beginning of this thread if legit corroboration exist Kavanaugh should be done.  MULTIPLE uncorroborated claims isn’t corroboration.

That's how the right works.  They believe all sorts of nonsense and they respond with "I believe what I believe."

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

This is a 36 year old allegation with scant details.  Kavanaugh denies being at the party.  The 3 witnesses she named, including her friend, don’t remember any such party.  That’s enough evidence for you guys to say it’s more likely than not he assaulted Ford?

Would you lie about the definition of devils triangle when under oath?  He lied about several other things. Like Trump, he isnt a trustworthy source of information. Doesnt mean he needs jail. It does mean he shouldnt be a justice. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

And theyre right. They wont be believed. Look at today. Who the fuck would want to go through the shit Ford was put through today?  

Yep.  You think sexual assault was under reported BEFORE today?  Just wait and watch.

Women were told loud and clear "shut your mouth, you lying bitch."  That's the go-to response, and they heard you, fellas.  Trust me.  They heard you.

We haven't made progress on sexual assault.  We've gone backwards, because now scathing villification and demonization of anyone who dares speak out has been demonstrated by one of the three HIGHEST GOVERNING BODIES IN THE LAND.  The king has spoken.  And it was followed with a "you best fucking listen, bitches."

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

This is a 36 year old allegation with scant details.  Kavanaugh denies being at the party.  The 3 witnesses she named, including her friend, don’t remember any such party.  That’s enough evidence for you guys to say it’s more likely than not he assaulted Ford?

You misunderstand. There's enough evidence to say I don't want Kavanaugh as a SCJ. People accused of crimes (DUI, etc) get fired or removed from candidacy for jobs every single day. Pick one of the other candidates who doesn't have this problem swirling around them. His partisan behavior alone should be enough to disqualify him for the Supreme Court in the minds of reasonably objective people, imho.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  You think sexual assault was under reported BEFORE today?  Just wait and watch.

Women were told loud and clear "shut your mouth, you lying bitch."  That's the go-to response, and they heard you, fellas.  Trust me.  They heard you.

We haven't made progress on sexual assault.  We've gone backwards, because now scathing villification and demonization of anyone who dares speak out has been demonstrated by one of the three HIGHEST GOVERNING BODIES IN THE LAND.  The king has spoken.  And it was followed with a "you best fucking listen, bitches."

Its gonna have to be fought the same way police brutality is being fought. Keep that phone recording at all times. 

52 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Lindsey Graham made a fool of himself. And Kav looked totally unfit to be Justice. Mad, lying, wouldn’t answer questions, acted like he was crying.

All of this. Lindsey has obviously been compromised. Who knows what the Russians have on him but I’m sure trump let him know over a friendly round of gold.

Kavenaugh is a partisan idiot hack who the GOP desperately wants on the court, likely to try to invalidate the crimes against this country they have committed. He did play DB and WR in high school prep football though, said that a number of times in his testimony.  They will continue to fight for him though because its a simple matter of self preservation. 

They are all scumbag traitors. Hope they lose. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I assume you believe all of Bill Clinton's accusers word for word, right?

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

Would you lie about the definition of devils triangle when under oath?  

I’ve never heard the term.  Apparently it can mean a threesome per the urban dictionary in 2018.  It also means the Bermuda Triangle, since at least 1968.  Kavanaugh said in 1982 it was a drinking game.  Was that a common phrase for a threesome in 1982?   I google searched it and couldn’t find it in that time frame.  Westlaw the same.  

If there is evidence that phrase meant a threesome in 1982 and was pervasive, that’s bad.  Someone should run the etymology on it.  

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I guess his tears and constant sniffling moved you. 

Edited by JimmyJames

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Well, when he demonstrably lied time after time under oath in this very proceeding -- yeah, I'ma gonna say he's not credible.  

He lied about boof.  About devil's triangle.  About watching her testimony.  And those are just the lies that are EASILY proven.  He also almost certainly lied about his history of alcohol consumption, and several other elements form his young party days.

Lying under oath to the Senate?  Yeah, that's a "no" for being suited for high office.  Remember when we impeached Slick Willie for lying under oath?  I do.  And I supported his impeachment.  And honestly, I think of the three highest branches of government, the one where I would MOST stringently apply the honesty requirement is SCOTUS justice.  Kavanaugh is a demonstrable liar, under oath.  We don't even have to get to the fact that his accuser was quite credible, and I believe that something like what she remembers happened, and it was Kavanaugh.  But we can stop at "proven liar" and be done with this.

We won't.  Because nothing matters.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

I watched the two people most likely to have a memory of that night.

One was completely credible.

The other obfuscated, dissembled, avoided, and lied.

Yeah--I'm very comfortable saying that it's more likely than not that he assaulted Ford.

Oh, and by the way--before today I was in the camp of "he was too drunk to remember and probably thinks he didn't do it."  After his repeated lies, however, I think he totally remembers.

My deal is personal context.  If you were to tell me that Mitt Romney, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, or George Bush (either one), whipped their dick out to a woman in their office, I'd have an extremely hard time believing that to the point even if there were witnesses, I'm not sure I'd believe it.  Tell me the same thing about Bill Clinton or Donald Trump?  I'd believe it from a crack whore with no witnesses.

Cavanaugh is not a credible witness on this subject.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Lindsey Graham made a fool of himself. And Kav looked totally unfit to be Justice. Mad, lying, wouldn’t answer questions, acted like he was crying.

That's what I got--he wouldn't answer questions, even when all they demanded was a yes/no answer.  He would not do it.  That's not something an honest human being does.  Republicans were experts with Bill Clinton but now can't seem to understand what dodging sounds like.   When KH said she'll take that as a No where was BK's outrage?  He just took a drag of water and was fine with it.  He doesn't want to be held accountable for his answers.  

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’ve never heard the term.  Apparently it can mean a threesome per the urban dictionary in 2018.  It also means the Bermuda Triangle, since at least 1968.  Kavanaugh said in 1982 it was a drinking game.  Was that a common phrase for a threesome in 1982?   I google searched it and couldn’t find it in that time frame.  Westlaw the same.  

If there is evidence that phrase meant a threesome in 1982 and was pervasive, that’s bad.  Someone should run the etymology on it.  

He also claimed Boof means flatulence lol. Flat out lie

7 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Adjudicative Guidelines for Determining Eligibility for Access to Classified Information:

a) Allegiance to the United States b) Foreign influence c) Foreign preference d) Sexual behavior e) Personal conduct f) Financial considerations g) Alcohol consumption h) Drug involvement i) Emotional, mental, and personality disorders j) Criminal conduct k) Security violations l) Outside activities m) Misuse of Information Technology Systems

https://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/security-clearance-jobs/official-security-clearance-guidelines.html

Not applicable.  Federal judges aren’t required to have a clearance, only a background check.  Even if it was a clearance investigation only goes back 10 years.  And you get to pick your own references.  His background check likely only covered 5 years.  Here, learn about it from Yale law school of all places.

https://law.yale.edu/student-life/career-development/students/career-pathways/public-interest/you-apply-understanding-government-background-checks

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I attended a Jesuit high school starting in 1984.  It was a known, and used, term.  And several of my classmates have chimed in to agree.  Same with "boof."

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Not applicable.  Federal judges aren’t required to have a clearance, only a background check.  Even if it was a clearance investigation only goes back 10 years.  And you get to pick your own references.  His background check likely only covered 5 years.  Here, learn about it from Yale law school of all places.

https://law.yale.edu/student-life/career-development/students/career-pathways/public-interest/you-apply-understanding-government-background-checks

This was when he was in the white house 007

2 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

This was when he was in the white house 007

And that makes a difference how?   Maybe I should ask Kushner.   Or Flynn.  Better yet ask Kavanaugh if he listed Mike Judge as a reference on his background checks.  That would be interesting. 

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

It has always been a 2 guy threesome. I have known that term since the mid 80s and I was in elementary school then. It was never and still isnt a drinking game. He openly lied about that. He could have played the "boys will be boys" card while being truthful about the definition. Instead, he is a fucking Trump level liar.  If he lies when its unnecessary, then when isnt he lying?

14 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

So you're saying that Kavanaugh should not have been cleared for a couple of those reasons, and shouldn't have been around Bush.