Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Just a couple responses from the tweet you posted. There are links to the case too

“They found that he lied, but the jury nonetheless found defendants not liable for assault and battery and excessive force. Hundley’s estate challenged this ruling and Kavanaugh agreed with them. I’m certainly no Kavanaugh fan but I think this tweet is misleading.”

“Kavanaugh and two other judges asked for a new trial due to inconsistencies with the jury's findings. This was a civil case.”

How scary was it for you in midtown when black people started marching in 2016?

29 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

I think forthright testimony should be a requirement for forthright questioning.  If people were to ask me about high school yearbook entries, the meaning of slang, and whether I drank too much at some college parties to imply that it is plausible I'm a rapist, then I would be as evasive as possible.  Now I understand the argument that one should answer honestly no matter what, but I personally wouldn't feel it my duty to give direct answers to such dishonest, slanderous questioning.  Very few people even asked about the alleged incident.  The truth is at the bottom of a bottomless pit in this case and this is merely a politics game for all involved.  

So you think it’s ok to commit perjury if you don’t like the questions?

1 minute ago, GSU&UT said:

How scary was it for you in midtown when black people started marching in 2016?

So I post a response to show your post is misleading.  And you return with a personal attack. Sad. 

Oh, and midtown is great .  Love it!

Edited by EuroHorn

45 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Obviously, but it's absolutely pathetic that it worked. 

Anything works with their base.  Seriously, he could shit his pants and rub it on his face and say Democrats have no decency and are discriminating against his right to control his own body and the right would fall in line.   They probably would shit their own pants in support.  

Just now, David Dennison said:

There it is.

They don't have the votes yet.

Psh.

I can easily see Mitch being like "yup thanks for voting aye and advancing him out" and still scheduling a vote for Monday and Flake doing his usual thing and bending over to vote yes.

Just now, Llano Estacado said:

Sorry ambassador, I’ve had different life experiences than you.

I’ve had many job interviews, never had one where I was appointed to the position and only assumed the role after being confirmed or rejected by the US Senate.

That's a distinction without a relevant difference.   Sure, the context is different.   But what meaningful difference is there between this process and a job applicant going before a hiring panel?   He's up for a job, and a group of people will decide in their complete discretion whether to give it to him or not.  He's gone before them to answer their questions to their satisfaction to inform that decision.    It's clearly a job interview. 

1 minute ago, EuroHorn said:

So I post a response to show your post is misleading.  And you return with a personal attack. Sad. 

Oh, and midtown is great .  Love it!

I asked you before and you never answered. I figured while I had your attention I'm wondering if you were clutching your pearls while the angry blacks marched that police brutality and the justice system disproportionately affects them and other people of color.

14 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I am back from my bullshit ban. Kim Strassel from the WSJ has been so fucking awesome and on point during this entire farce

“Contrary to Democrats’ claims, due process is not constrained to courts of law; it is central to employee discipline, professional standards of conduct, even evictions of tenants. It is owed to any individual in a civilized body politic. Under due process, the accuser has the burden of proof. Ms. Ford has not met the evidentiary standard even of a civil proceeding, the preponderance of evidence—yet this case is more significant than any that has been dealt with in a court of law for ages. How the Senate votes now will reverberate to all levels of society. A “no” vote on Judge Kavanaugh is an authorization to renew calls for a Justice Clarence Thomas to step down. It is an authorization to derail the life of any white-collar manager or blue-collar crew boss who is ever subject to a single uncorroborated allegation.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-kavanaugh-stakes-1538088433?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/Mgs9jCnhN5

If you can’t tell the difference between a lifetime appointment to the highest court and a middle manager at some manufacturing company, I’m not really sure what to tell you.

Jeff Flake is an absolute disgrace to the Republican Party. After the strength, courage and conviction that Judge Kavanaugh and Sen. Graham showed yesterday and to have this sniveling pussy back down because some unhinged zealot yelled at him in the elevator.  Thankfully, weak ass posers like him are leaving the Republican Party and being replaced with street fighters. Go fuck yourself Flake

• Fuck You 5

Just now, Js1 said:

Psh.

I can easily see Mitch being like "yup thanks for voting aye and advancing him out" and still scheduling a vote for Monday and Flake doing his usual thing and bending over to vote yes.

Sure, he can do that.

But the vote might fail, and he's not going to do that. John McCain burned him last summer.

Just now, GSU&UT said:

I asked you before and you never answered. I figured while I had your attention I'm wondering if you were clutching your pearls while the angry blacks marched that police brutality and the justice system disproportionately affects them and other people of color.

Nope. Love it here. Wouldn’t move to the burbs. Thanks for asking though 

Flake did it, the yelling worked

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Jeff Flake is an absolute disgrace to the Republican Party. After the strength, courage and conviction that Judge Kavanaugh and Sen. Graham showed yesterday and to have this sniveling pussy back down because some unhinged zealot yelled at him in the elevator.  Thankfully, weak ass posers like him are leaving the Republican Party and being replaced with street fighters. Go fuck yourself Flake

Jesus Christ dude

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I think you’re right.  Flake asks for a delay... doesn’t mean there’s going to be a delay.

The only thing would be Collins or Murkowski agreeing with it as well.  2 votes sinks it on the floor.  Flake alone does not, Pence just breaks the tie.

They're idiots if they let Mitch give them an assurance. Collins is still waiting for all the assurances to come to the floor that Mitch promised her for the tax scam vote.

Edited by Js1

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

giphy.gif

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Humanism is a weakness in repubs eyes. Power or nothing. It is not sustainable and shows a weakness in your moral framework. 

Congrats on showing yourself to be a parasite to society. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Wait, this isn’t satire?   Seriously, you could make a living writing this shit.

FUCK YES, this is the good shit.

/Hank Scorpio 

• Like 1