Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

3 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Graffiti sucks so much. ESPECIALLY on natural surfaces like that rock wall.

There was some artwork that was pretty cool, but a lot of just stupid shit. Even worse was they sprayed a protective layer so it would be difficult to wash off.

I thought these were funny though.

IMG_1067.jpeg

IMG_0977.jpeg

13 hours ago, Superhero said:

There was some artwork that was pretty cool, but a lot of just stupid shit. Even worse was they sprayed a protective layer so it would be difficult to wash off.

I thought these were funny though.

IMG_1067.jpeg

IMG_0977.jpeg

Not at all. It all sucks.

Friday night, sitting on the couch. My wife’s feet propped up on my lap.
Music.
Don Williams. John Denver. Bellamy Brothers. Gordon Lightfoot. Redbone. Hall and Oates. Johnny Nash. Cat Stevens. Chicago. ABBA. Three Dog Night. Gerry Rafferty. Marshall Tucker Band. Billy Joel (played Scenes from an Italian Restaurant; first time we kissed was while he was playing that song at a concert at the Erwin Center, 1990).
Just being in the moment, feeling it all.
It’s a helluva world, people.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Music.
Don Williams. John Denver. Bellamy Brothers. Gordon Lightfoot. Redbone. Hall and Oates. Johnny Nash. Cat Stevens. Chicago. ABBA. Three Dog Night. Gerry Rafferty. Marshall Tucker Band. Billy Joel (played Scenes from an Italian Restaurant; first time we kissed was while he was playing that song at a concert at the Erwin Center, 1990).

Hopefully you put down the goddamned phone and rubbed her feet. 😊

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Music.

Legalized psilocybin already?

I was introduced to spikeball last month. Basic rule is you have 3 chances (like volleyball) to hit it into the net and make the other team miss.

I played it 3 weeks in a row with a bunch of 40+ year old dads. It's like the youtube clip above, but about 1/4 speed, none of the acrobatics, people bent over gasping for air, and uncontrolled giggling. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Superhero said:

I was introduced to spikeball last month. Basic rule is you have 3 chances (like volleyball) to hit it into the net and make the other team miss.

I played it 3 weeks in a row with a bunch of 40+ year old dads. It's like the youtube clip above, but about 1/4 speed, none of the acrobatics, people bent over gasping for air, and uncontrolled giggling. 

My son started playing this in HS. He and his buddies could go for hours. 

On 9/23/2023 at 10:02 AM, Brisketexan said:

Damn straight.

My internet friends cross my mind a lot. When I make homemade ice cream, I think of Steel Shank. When a decent buck crosses my path I wonder what Deadshank would think of him, and when Don Williams comes across the radio, I think of you and your wife. 
Mostly I think about El Diablo and I hope he’s having a good afterlife. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nnm said:

First grandbaby NNM was born last week in Co Spr. Mrs. NNM is up there helping daughter NNM through the first couple of weeks. So I’m on my own. 

Today I went to church, did some honey-dos, went for a run, took a nap. 

Dinner tonight is a spinach salad, 2 1/2 inch thick wagyu ribeye from Fresh in Tyler, with a mix of three different mushrooms lightly sautéed in butter, with a very nice Bordeaux blend. All of which I’ll eat watching the Astros take care of business against the Rangers. And occasionally checking in on the various aggy tears threads. 

ice-cube-today-was-a-good-day.gif

Congratulations old man.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nnm said:

First grandbaby NNM was born last week in Co Spr. Mrs. NNM is up there helping daughter NNM through the first couple of weeks. So I’m on my own. 

Today I went to church, did some honey-dos, went for a run, took a nap. 

Dinner tonight is a spinach salad, 2 1/2 inch thick wagyu ribeye from Fresh in Tyler, very rare, smoked and then reverse seared, with a mix of three different mushrooms lightly sautéed in butter, with a very nice Bordeaux blend. All of which I’ll eat watching the Astros take care of business against the Rangers. And occasionally checking in on the various aggy tears threads. 

ice-cube-today-was-a-good-day.gif

Congrats on the grandkid.

Go RANGERS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sometimes Karma is a beautiful bitch.

Driving home, there's a lot of road construction, they're trying to improve the streets for better traffic flow. 

On one street at a stop light, there are three lanes, one right turn only, one left turn only and one straight. At the light there is a dump truck, a flat bed truck, a black Honda civic, then me. No one in the right lane, so just before the light turns green, the Honda moves into the right lane and goes straight, obviously faster than the dump truck. I just shake my head and call him an asshole. 

At another light, there are cones on the right side, with what looks like a dirt and gravel area where they are widening the lane, and only one lane going straight or right and a left turn lane. The black Honda civic is in front of me, so he didn't gain anything from his earlier maneuver. He decides that he's going to cut across the gravel area to make his right turn since the light does tend to take a bit to change. I'm shaking my head and thinking, where is a cop when you need one. Well, right before the Honda can get off the dirt and gravel, his front end sinks in the mud that he obviously didn't see. He sits there spinning his front wheels and just getting deeper. The light turns green and I regret that I didn't turn right to drive by and yell "DUMBASS".

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you need to log onto a service from your TV or whatever, and it presents a QR or numeric code to synchronize through your phone. 

As opposed to having to type the login using directional keys on the remote control. 

Whoever came up with that, give them lots of money. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 52-80 said:

When you need to log onto a service from your TV or whatever, and it presents a QR or numeric code to synchronize through your phone. 

As opposed to having to type the login using directional keys on the remote control. 

Whoever came up with that, give them lots of money. 

Counter point: when you have to log into a service from a web browser on your phone after using said QR code.  It's absolutely infuriating as I use a password manager and set all my other stuff to random strong passwords.  The ones that way go to a given URL and log in, agnostic of device used, are my favorites.  If I can do it from my laptop, it's 1000% better than my mobile device (unless it can use the native app for auth, then I'm happy).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Superhero said:

The boy did another run today. Broke the 25 minute mark.

There was another little kid younger than my son that was 2 minutes faster. 

IrvineOrangeCountyTurkeyTrot5K1MileResults.thumb.jpeg.66f1bab55fdab40709716619ed89d99c.jpeg

That’s awesome. My dad was a runner and passed it on to me. I’ve run all my life. We’ve done a Turkey trot every thanksgiving. My 28-yo daughter remembers me pushing her in a Turkey trot in a jogging stroller. Today I walked a Turkey trot together with her and her daughter that was born Oct. 7. Wish my dad had been here to walk with us. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I’m in Scotland this week for meetings Monday-Wed. Thursday and Friday are free days in Edinburgh with Mrs. NNM. So far I’ve had 8 whiskys I’ve never tried before. Today a distillery visit. 

The only downside is figuring out how to transport home all the bottles I’ve bought for myself and friends. Any suggestions?

Discovering a new breakfast place on the road. It’s a bit of a hipster joint, host at the door looked like he just left a Dropkick Murphy concert, but then a little abuelita was putting strips of bacon in a sheet pan to bake about 1’away from me at the bar.  Dude is making guacamole and wearing a donkey kong shirt and Coors banquet cap.  My waitress is a hotter than hell Latina with a cute smile and my coffee never went below half a cup.  Went with the loaded hash browns with scrambled eggs, cheese, and gravy.  The browns are a perfect mix of crunchy and potatoey.  Diced green onions and jalapeño over the top.

Oh and Super Trooper by Abba came on the sound system, reminding me of my wife and her silly musicals.  I just started laughing because almost all of this is trivial..But it’s a fantastic start to the day! Go Friday!!!

Edited by slorch