Shit's Borked

RPM

Well, that will help with people confusing us now. Here’s your answer... 

On 3/12/2021 at 6:47 PM, immamac said:

Thanks, had to turn on ads for the "new members" today the intent was always to have an "ad lite" experience vs the aids that pure lurkers see. Expect to see that in the next day or so. You lose ads entirely with 100 posts or 100 rep when you become a "full member"

7 hours ago, OG triple OG Derka said:

i changed handles (aka signed up with a new email) and now i suddenly hace ads everywhere. i'm technologically illiterate; can anyone here help me out? wtf happened, and how do i get rid of these ads?

pm derka

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 4:15 PM, immamac said:

That's strange your cookie should always survive. I'll look into it. What iOS version/browser

Finally figured out what the problem is. I always have to log in on my iPhone because I use private mode. When I choose my saved login info, the site automatically logs me in. Because that process is so slow, I had been hitting log in on my own, which led to the error.

On my pc using Chrome the page will freeze and is fine if I x out and get back on the site.  Then it'll eventually freeze again.  error code ex 1290 prompted at one point when I kept trying to refresh, if that helps.  It's probably on me since it hasn't happened on my phone using Chrome.    

I borked shit this morning.

I'm going to get a "read only" version of the site that gets served up with the last 30 days or so worth of posts that I can throw up when I need to do some maintenance stuff for like 5 minutes at a time. 

Either that or some funny browser game where the surly horns face shoots the sooner schooner 

45 minutes ago, sidis said:

site is overwhelmed with ads on mobile even when i am logged in lately.  unnavigable.  iOS safari.

You are full member, you should see no ads anywhere except CR - I'm working on fixing CR ads to not interfere with usability. 

44 minutes ago, RPM said:

There's a way to fix dat.

18 minutes ago, immamac said:

You are full member, you should see no ads anywhere except CR - I'm working on fixing CR ads to not interfere with usability. 

i missed the head's up on the cr getting ads now so i guess that makes sense.

imma, can you just set up something so i can pay you a few hundred dollars and then you can exempt me from all this bullshit without having to do any of this subscription shit?  venmo, PayPal, whatever.  $250 with your name on it.

Just now, Hate said:

If you post in the CR, you deserve to get ads.

i disagree.  if you post veiled cr content in daily texan because you are too big a pussy to actually defend your baseless opinion, then you deserve to get ads.

but it takes all kinds i suppose.

• Rage+1 2

• 3 weeks later...

This is new. I can't link pics unless it's a https link. That rules out about 95% of the memes. I couldn't even link a long time OU meme because there's no https site hosting it. I strenuously object.

that shouldn't be the case. I don't have https only enabled, it's an explicit setting in the backend. I'll double check.

An alternative would be to copy image, paste it in and it will upload to the surly servers and just be hosted for you to use at will in the other media tab...

image.thumb.png.842a2aef2bc452e2b5ead7e6b65008f4.png