Shit's Borked

RPM

Then I would have to manually follow every single thread I post in. That makes no sense.

Over there, you were automatically subscribed to every thread you posted in, plus you had the ability to remove the ones that no longer interested you. 

Here, you only automatically follow the threads you start. 

I guess you never used Shag that way, I did. It was very convenient. 

If a thread you posted in no longer interested you, or blew up into a shitshow, boom, off your list. 

And again, making that my default behavior today doesn’t change the last 12 months of content. 

Let’s move on, I apologize for asking for a feature we had. 

I don't know why the site is borked at the moment is it mobile specifically? 

I'm pretty unhappy with the forum software people and I'm just going to stop updating the board if it continues to be a shitshow for weeks after until they come out with very stable releases

21 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don't know why the site is borked at the moment is it mobile specifically? 

im specifically using a PC and I was  getting an even more basic view than the one Hornian posted about 3 hours ago above.  

now to be fair, it looks like the cache clearing helped as I havent had the issue repeat in the last 10 mins.

I only saw my avatar, and then all the rest of the forum coding seems to disappear and it creates a weird "reddit-like" chain of each option being its own line item.

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I have resynced everything and then restricted it to one server for consistency to stay the same it should be unborked.

Just refreshed the page and everything is back to normal.

Using Firefox on Android mobile.

I'm noticing some really odd stuff this morning.  When I view "Activity | Content I started", it only lists two pages of threads - there is a lot missing.  The one thread in particular that I was looking for (Tin Foil Hats and the Total Perspective Vortex thread in Politics) was not listed.  I tried to find it using the search function (not many threads here use the phrase "total perspective vortex").  No result.  I browsed the Politics forum and found the thread on page 2.  Last post in the thread was March 23.  I check "Activity | Content I posted in" and scroll down to where March 23 should be and the thread is not listed.

Shit's borked, yo!

Anyone else have the problem of when you check to see who has reacted to posts the little box the reactions appear in seems to show up in a random different locations on the page?  Sometimes it will show up at the top of the post I am checking on like it used to always do.  Sometimes it will show up halfway up the entire page or halfway down the entire page.

My inbox seems to be borked.  Meaning I get messages, but I can't reply to them and if I try to go to inbox through profile or settings, it's a no-go.  Not that big a deal, but someone else may be having the problem also.

Sum Ting Wong.  Error Code EX3.

Edited by TwiceHorn

On 4/5/2019 at 7:36 AM, bernorange said:

I'm noticing some really odd stuff this morning.  When I view "Activity | Content I started", it only lists two pages of threads - there is a lot missing.  The one thread in particular that I was looking for (Tin Foil Hats and the Total Perspective Vortex thread in Politics) was not listed.  I tried to find it using the search function (not many threads here use the phrase "total perspective vortex").  No result.  I browsed the Politics forum and found the thread on page 2.  Last post in the thread was March 23.  I check "Activity | Content I posted in" and scroll down to where March 23 should be and the thread is not listed.

Shit's borked, yo!

After I posted an update to the vortex thread, it re-appeared in the "content I started" list and in search results.  It looks like the indexing of some threads is borked for whatever reason.  I found another example this morning and took some screen shots.  I started a thread a while back titled "cashless society".  It's not showing in the "content I started" or search results.

You can see here that the thread exists and the last post was February 11:

cashless.png

You can see here that the thread does not appear in my "content I started" stream:

started.png

You can see here that the thread does not appear in search results:

search.png

I will be posting an update to the thread in a moment.  I'm pretty sure it will reappear in my "content I started" stream and search results afterwards.  I know on the old vBulletin forum software, you could rebuild the thread indexing to fix issues like this.  I'm assuming IPB has a similar option.