After the first 6 games of season the Longhorns and Huskers will...

mulletpelini

23 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

revisionist history, so many of you were climbing on board, the writing is on the wall page 1.  ...

On 8/31/2018 at 8:08 PM, bernorange said:

I watched Carnac the Magnificent.  I enjoyed Carnac the Magnificent.  You sir (OP), are no Carnac the Magnificent.

Lulz.

8 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

Osborn signed their death warrant when he agreed to end their massive cheating nonqual "walk on" horseshit.

When Texas forced that on those morons as a condition of being in the big 12 they were screwed.

In other words go back to cheating.

Yep, Texas did by forcing them to end their cheating.

Their bad decision happened at the birth of the big 12. All the rest is full diapers of failure.

Leaving the conferece had nothing to do with their destruction. Joining the big 12 had everything to do with their destruction.

They have TONS of in state talent. Unfortunately their in state talent are all high functioning morons. Without their bullshit nonqual walk on cheating program they cant utilize the high functioning morons like they did before the big 12 existed.

JOINING the big 12 was the stupidist. Leaving? It didnt make a shit. Shoulda gone independent and kept cheating.

Nope.

Indeed

Scott Frost had a huge pool of talent in Florida to draw from at UCF. And they are smart enough to be qualifiers.

All the talent in braska is dumb as a stump. Scottie is fucked. Poor bastard.

Did a Nebraskan beat you up and take your lunch money when you were a kid?

13 hours ago, Tom Chairman said:

Out of curiosity, what are everyone's thoughts on letting them back into the B12 if they came crawling back?

I would love to have Nebraska back. I despise them, their charlatan fans, and their history of cheating. That considered, they're a good brand, I enjoyed beating the shit out of them, and I thoroughly enjoyed how much they absolutely hated us. Dump Baylor and give me these guys, or just add them and some other random and the Big 12 immediately improves, even if they suck for years. The truly intelligent move for Nebraska is to wait until realignment in the early 20's and then figure out how to attach to OU and Texas in some form, whether recruiting us into their division in the B1G or something else. They'd get Texas recruiting back, the OU rivalry, and by playing us every year, some national relevance again if we're both even okay.

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Look at their schedule. The best team they’ve played is Arizona state.  They only beat Nebraska at home by 5, to make this post related to the thread. 

I agree with the sentiment on the schedule, but in watching them a few times, they've got a lot to like. I am not saying they'll finish undefeated, but McIntyre can coach, the QB has matured, the OL is pretty good and the skill guys are excellent. The sophomore WR they have would pretty much start for any team in the country. We'd take him in a heartbeat. I wouldn't be surprised to see CU win the P12 South and go something like 11-3 or 10-4 on the season. They'll probably drop 2 of 3 to USC, UW, and Wazzou, but they should beat Zona, OSU, Utah, and Cal. That might be enough to get them into the title game. 

Also, since this is the Nebraska thread, the Nebraska-Colorado game this year was a lot of fun. I wouldn't have guessed UNL would wind up something like 2-9 after watching that game. 

On 10/9/2018 at 8:58 AM, closetojumping said:

Also, since this is the Nebraska thread, the Nebraska-Colorado game this year was a lot of fun. I wouldn't have guessed UNL would wind up something like 2-9 after watching that game. 

Up until Martinez' injury, I would have guessed around 6-6, they played more than well enough to win that day.  They dominated Colorado.  Stupid fucking penalties aka the story of the season is what sealed their fate.

On 10/8/2018 at 10:44 AM, Landomatic said:

Frank Solich?  Yeah because he went on to prove to be such a great P5 coach who was always in high demand.

Nebraska did a lot of stupid shit...hiring Pelini and leaving the Big 12 among the stupidest.  But firing Solich wasn’t one of them.

Umm Solich has a .578 winning percentage at a school that was below .500 all-time prior to his arrival. Ohio has been to 11 bowl games in history - 9 of those are under Solich.

Id say that’s pretty solid. The lack of demand for another P5 job is probably due to age as much as anything, he was already in his 60s when hired at Ohio.

38 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Umm Solich has a .578 winning percentage at a school that was below .500 all-time prior to his arrival. Ohio has been to 11 bowl games in history - 9 of those are under Solich.

Id say that’s pretty solid. The lack of demand for another P5 job is probably due to age as much as anything, he was already in his 60s when hired at Ohio.

Just over 500 at a school called Ohio in an era when that's pretty much all it takes to get to a bowl.  That's neat.  The grownups are trying to talk big boy football now son, so move along.

18 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Just over 500 at a school called Ohio in an era when that's pretty much all it takes to get to a bowl.  That's neat.  The grownups are trying to talk big boy football now son, so move along.

The “grownups” talk smack like they’re 80 years old. That’s neat.

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

And what does this have to do with Frank Solich and his tenure at Ohio?

It’s obviously past your bedtime.  You and your sock @formermav43 should go snuggle

Right. This account was only a member at shaggy for 10+ years and here from the beginning (and on hornfans, for that matter) all under the same name. But it was all a long con to talk about Frank Solich in a single post.

Good call, gramps.

Right. This account was only a member at shaggy for 10+ years and here from the beginning (and on hornfans, for that matter) all under the same name. But it was all a long con to talk about Frank Solich in a single post.
Good call, gramps.
So you admit you is aggy.

Whoop, eh?

• 2 months later...