After the first 6 games of season the Longhorns and Huskers will...

mulletpelini

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

If Nebraska returned to the B12, they'd be relevant again.  Moving to B10, flat out killed their program...imho.

Hard to say.... they were already on the decline when they left.  Moving to the Big10 got them paid but probably put the kill shot into the program.  Interesting that Osborn basically signed their death warrant.

Hard to say.... they were already on the decline when they left.  Moving to the Big10 got them paid but probably put the kill shot into the program.  Interesting that Osborn basically signed their death warrant.
Not that hard to say really, leaving the Big12 killed whatever Texas pipeline they had for recruits. Having said that, the decline set in long ago...they'd likely be a perennial mid-pack Big12 team (like aggy) that occasionally has a good enough team to shake up the order of top teams.

31 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

If Nebraska returned to the B12, they'd be relevant again.  Moving to B10, flat out killed their program...imho.

Agreed. They don't fit in the Big 10 to me. Hard to still think of them as a Big 10 team. Who is their rival there now days? I can't think of anyone. College football is all about rivalries and I hate we lost some of them when teams move conferences. Nebraska/OU and Nebraska/CU were also fun games. But we lost of those. And UT/Nebraska was always big for both fanbases, too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Agreed. They don't fit in the Big 10 to me. Hard to still think of them as a Big 10 team. Who is their rival there now days? I can't think of anyone. College football is all about rivalries and I hate we lost some of them when teams move conferences. Nebraska/OU and Nebraska/CU were also fun games. But we lost of those. And UT/Nebraska was always big for both fanbases, too. 

well, not really so much fun for nebby, unless by fun for them you mean total heartbreak at always losing to their Texas Daddy

• Like 1

Perhaps the 2nd best thing about being 4-1 right now is the lesson for many of us to not come running to the internet like a Kyler Murray puss-bag treating every loss like the end of the f**king universe, or worse, the end of football at Texas.

Edited by gecko
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, gecko said:

Perhaps the 2nd best thing about being 4-1 right now is the lesson for many of us to not come running to the internet like a Kyler Murray puss-bag treating every loss like the end of the f**king universe, or worse, the end of football at Texas.

Hey man, I need you to sit down for a minute because I've got some big news for you.

We beat Oklahoma. We're 5-1 now.

You're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1