Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

After the Ewers news, I have moved from indifference to the outcome Saturday to now wanting Gundy to finish Herman off. We have to stop the bleeding before we sink any further. If he is our coach for another 3 weeks plus after this weekend there is no telling what other kind of damage he can cause. 

If we don't get Saban, Dabo or Urban we are pretty much dead.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Just my shitty take but I think this has less to do with Ewers not wanting to come to TEXAS, and more to do with how he can help fire HERMAN. 

QE is still coming to Texas. He just realized he could turn up the heat by “decommitting.”

(takes off tin foil hat)

Based on the other 5 star recruits that were trending texas because of him now trending OSU I think he’s gone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The conspiracy theorist side of my brain wants the above to be true. 

I don't think you have to be a conspiracy theorist to think this decommit might be part of the greasing of the tracks of Herman's exit. That's exactly what it looked like imho when I first saw it. When I found out a news story about it followed just 4 minutes later, that just reinforced the notion imho.

Edited by wood

No bmd is going to ask our #1 recruit and our one glimmer of hope for the future to publicly decommit so that the coach that got him to Texas can be fired. If I was Ewers if anything that would drive me away from this desperate shit show

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Just my shitty take but I think this has less to do with Ewers not wanting to come to TEXAS, and more to do with how he can help fire HERMAN. 

QE is still coming to Texas. He just realized he could turn up the heat by “decommitting.”

(takes off tin foil hat)

Except he stated he knows where he will sign and will commit soon.  That along with a bunch of tOSU recruits hinting on Instagram that big news is going to drop.   It’s one thing if he decommits and keeps things open for a bit.  If he commits to tOSU, I find it hard to believe he will switch back again.  When has that ever happened?

1 minute ago, wood said:

I don't think you have to be a conspiracy theorist to think this decommit might be part of the greasing of the tracks of Herman's exit. That's exactly what it looked like imho when I first saw it. When I found out  news story about it followed just 4 minutes later, that just reinforced the notion imho.

I find Ohio St being the school of interest not to be the very suspicious part. 

Just now, victory88 said:

Except he stated he knows where he will sign and will commit soon.  That along with a bunch of tOSU recruits hinting on Instagram that big news is going to drop.   It’s one thing if he decommits and keeps things open for a bit.  If he commits to tOSU, I find it hard to believe he will switch back again.  When has that ever happened?

When we hire Urban Meyer. The good news is it’s a little over a year away from his singing day. He has a history with Urban being his first offer. 

I don't think that's even arguable. Win or lose to OU, we suck this year when we shouldn't.

Ewers was about the only thing Tom had left to point to as reason for optimism. Ewers in the class pretty much guaranteed a good class, which indicates that recruits are still excited about what you're selling.

Narrator: they're not.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The definition of insanity is an Athletic Director who’s hell bent on keeping Tom Herman as the head football cyst despite a mountain of evidence that he is not the dude. Tom Herman will not allow you to stay on the gravy train. No amount of fairy juice glazed over Herman is going to make him capable of leading this team to a conference championship or anything more! 

CDC shake yourself. You were hired to cleanse the filthy bowels of this backed up athletic program! You are earning an F-

Fuck. It was eventually going to catch up with UT. Poor player development. Losing winnable games. Barely any players drafted in the NFL. We have no choice but to bring in a proven winner and developer of players like Urban. It should be obvious. Fuck fuck fuck. Some lackluster hire won’t cut it. Kids are way to savvy about recruiting and SM. If they are good enough to go to Bama, Ohio State, Clemson etc...that’s where they will go. Or other schools that will develop them and get them to the NFL. Fuck fuck fuck. My only hope is that Urban says yes. The money, I am told, and have posted, is there times three. It’s there if he accepts. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I mean all evidence points to him doing just that, these moves don’t happen slowly especially when you need to have the right hire lined up first.

Fuck that.  Better to have a rudderless ship than have this guy at the helm.  Fire him.  Let everyone KNOW it’s happening. 

40 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

(takes off tin foil hat)

This is why you get paid the big bucks.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

What is sensible about not firing somebody once you have decided to fire them? There is none that I can think of and many reasons that is not sensible.

A loss to Okie Lite on Saturday gives CDC the cover and final nail for the coffin to finish the Herman era.

Once you know your head coach is no longer the guy, you remove them ASAP !!!

Not to say there's any truth to BON tweet, but look at the Sam Ehlinger thread and then look at this. Who would want to come here as a great QB recruit when you get shit on for having some of the best numbers in the NCAA and being a gamer.

I still hope sam scores 13td and has 1000 yards on saturday, but Texas still loses by 300

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to CDC Y U NO FIRE TOM HERMAN NOW
3 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I have a feeling at this point even Satya is sitting back saying "damn, this is going much worse than I expected."

More like we are all living in Satya’s world right now.  To be honest I’ve really had an unhealthy obsession with Texas football for too long.  This may be a blessing.  Time to step away.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Today will forever be known as the day Tom Herman butt-fudged the program for eternity.

So I wrote a little poem to memorialize the event.

His name is Quinn Ewers
He put Herman on a skewer.

Served him up so nicely.
But CDC claimed it was far too pricey.

The firing didn’t happen,

The team is now orange slice snackin

Now the program is stuck in reverse,

All because of the Mack Brown curse.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

More like we are all living in Satya’s world right now.  To be honest I’ve really had an unhealthy obsession with Texas football for too long.  This may be a blessing.  Time to step away.  
I've had a text exchange with some friends who are die hard Texas fans over the last week and the feeling is pretty consistent. Either we get Meyer and we can find reason to stay engaged, or we don't and we're all out for a while.

This shit has not been fun for 10 years or so. It's too much time invested for something that never gives you any positive returns.

This was all before the Ewers news, so...

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Not to say there's any truth to BON tweet, but look at the Sam Ehlinger thread and then look at this. Who would want to come here as a great QB recruit when you get shit on for having some of the best numbers in the NCAA and being a gamer.

I still hope sam scores 13td and has 1000 yards on saturday, but Texas still loses by 300

Quarterbacks all over the country in all kinds of systems put up great numbers. The only numbers I care about is Sam's record against OU.

Look, Texas is Minnesota. Texas is Maryland. We were consistently good decades ago. We'll have a nice season once every 6 or 7 years and we'll enjoy it. That is who we are now. We will hire another non-Power 5 coach and he'll suck like Strong & Herman. Time is a flat circle. 

I see what you’re saying, but anywhere this type of shit show goes on, regardless of who the QB is, fan boards for that team are going to have some pretty rough takes, and no one is safe.

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

A loss to Okie Lite on Saturday gives CDC the cover and final nail for the coffin to finish the Herman era.

Once you know your head coach is no longer the guy, you remove them ASAP !!!

“Our goals are still ahead of us! It’s fixable!”  I shudder to think we are holding off on pulling the trigger (firing Herman now) because the powers that be think STILL think we can win the Big 12. I’d like to believe it is because we are awaiting a decision from the next HC (Urban). No matter how the BOR/CDC looks at it we will lose recruits whether we fire Herman now and use the interims as you suggested or fire him at the end of the season. The only way to stop the hemorrhaging is to hire Urban or as close to Urban as it gets. I sincerely hope there is a plan because most of us can’t take more of this stagnant shit. I know I can’t. Life is hard enough without bringing the low expectations of UT football into it. Fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas