Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

4 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Right - under Charlie Strong and Tom Herman. How would that be relevant if Meyer is coaching?

Cause Urban Fucking Meyer is not the coach?

Think we have very little time to turn the tide, what if Herman pulls a win out of his ass Saturday and this shit drags on?

But who knows, maybe Herman turns it around and rolls off 30 straight wins and becomes the next DKR,

Edited by Dilligas
Anything can happen

11 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Uh-huh.  And just where would he get credible information like that?

Probably Day and OSU telling him Hermans done  and  OSU knows Urban isn’t taking the job, would be a very believable considering that the OSU Meyer connection even if it isn’t true.

Edited by Not a Sock

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So besides smu/tcu/unt, what schools do the dfw media like now??

@NoRagrets nailed it. ou.

Given their success on the field and then the school’s propensity in giving away merit scholarships to damn near every accomplished HS Sr in DFW, it’s resulted in making ou (along with Arkansas & Alabama) very popular destinations for North TX kids and their parent $$$$. So it’s only natural that DFW media would fall in love with the sooners.  They see ou as a DFW area school just like they do SMU/TCU/UNT.

I live close to DFW (the airport)- I can drive through, Colleyville, G’vine, S’Lake, Keller, etc and see twice as many ou banners outside houses than I do UT.

I’m 100% clear it’s due to the higher admission standards (which I support); it just sucks seeing all the gooner bs down here in The Great State. But I digress.

🖕🏻Herman.  Fire him NOW. (Ok back on topic😬)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

@NoRagrets nailed it. ou.

Given their success on the field and then the school’s propensity in giving away merit scholarships to damn near every accomplished HS Sr in DFW, it’s resulted in making ou (along with Arkansas & Alabama) very popular destinations for North TX kids and their parent $$$$. So it’s only natural that DFW media would fall in love with the sooners.  They see ou as a DFW area school just like they do SMU/TCU/UNT.

I live close to DFW (the airport)- I can drive through, Colleyville, G’vine, S’Lake, Keller, etc and see twice as many ou banners outside houses than I do UT.

I’m 100% clear it’s due to the higher admission standards (which I support); it just sucks seeing all the gooner bs down here in The Great State. But I digress.

🖕🏻Herman.  Fire him NOW. (Ok back on topic😬)

Dfw area has always been ou south.  Smu students root for ou

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

This stupid fuck has killed this program.  Quinn Ewers was the one thing we could sell to a loaded 2022 class.  Herman has completely fucked us with the recruits in the 2021 and 2022 classes.  Everyday he coaches at Texas, we become worse.  He has to go right now.  This fucking program is a joke.  You can’t even get kids who dreamed of playing here to come here. Fuck, I feel like throwing up when I watch us and I’m a die hard fan.  Fuck you CDC and Herman for bringing us to this point.  Herman is a fraud and CDC, you’re a fuckkng fraud for giving this idiot an extension after a 5 loss season, keeping him after last years abortion of a season, and keeping him as head coach right now.  You can fuck right off as well for letting this idiot take a massive shit on the University of Texas.

Dude, you need to get laid.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I realize Urban isn't the coach yet...the kid isn't signing anywhere for a year. 

I'm not saying we're getting Urban; I'm saying if we do, it seems like recruiting would pick up. 

5* QBs typically aren’t waiting around for programs to get their heads out of their asses and hire a real HC before they commit. They want to commit early and start recruiting other blue chip players to their school of choice.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eggo said:

I can't say "next year..." because Jalen Milroe decommitted when Ewers committed. Now I can't even say "Next year" next fucking year. Get that motherfucker out of here. 

Absolutely - the Ewers flirtation is turning out to be a net negative since it cost us Milton as well

Well, now we can’t even sell the #1 recruit, who is a stud QB, to potential future coaches.  Not seeing why Urban will sign up to coach this mess of a program.  He already has proven himself and is considered one of the best college football coaches with his 3 national championships.  Why the fuck would he risk tarnishing that coming to a program and administration that accepts losing and let’s things get this bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Well, now we can’t even sell the #1 recruit, who is a stud QB, to potential future coaches.  Not seeing why Urban will sign up to coach this mess of a program.  He already has proven himself and is considered one of the best college football coaches with his 3 national championships.  Why the fuck would he risk tarnishing that coming to a program and administration that accepts losing and let’s things get this bad.

Are yah related to @satyanash ??

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

For fucks sake, this changes nothing for Urban. He has crushed recruiting everywhere he’s gone. Why would he feel otherwise at Texas?

Yep Urban was crushing the Texas 5 Star from Ohio, imagine he'd be at least the same at Texas.

Edited by HtownHorn

13 minutes ago, victory88 said:

04XP-MONEY-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.j

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas