Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Note that I never said we don't currently belong in the Top 10.   

31 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've been watching the games since 1982.  My eyes tell me this is not a top 10 team . . . yet.  With Shane?  No way.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Good to know.  How does the rest of the Top 10 stack up?  Link?

I still contend that we do not look like a clear Top 10 team, especially with Shane at QB.  I'll gladly take it, though.

question-face.jpg

Given Sam’s nature and the degree of reported injury, I think it’s most likely he starts in Stillwater. Widespread inflammation and swelling shouldn’t still be a problem that far out. The main issue coming back from a grade 1 AC is pain. A marcaine injection before warmups could fix that. We will see— I don’t have any inside sources, so this is all educated guesswork based off watching the game and pressers, basically. And no, I wouldn’t sweat a big risk of re-injury; football inherently has injury risk, but the sore AC doesn’t magnify it much.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Speed posting.  I don't think this team looks like the type that will end up in the Top 10 when the season is over.  I fully understand why we're currently in the Top 10.  We're in the hunt with a half dozen or more 1-loss teams.  I get it.  

I’m right there too. We are a solid team, but OSU on the road will be a huge test. We get past that and I may feel differently. 

ISU looked solid and WVU won’t lay another egg. Tech away is always tough, remember Diggs knocked Mahomes out of the game early a couple years ago. I’m optimistic b/c we seem to have a toughness we’ve lacked, but my eyes tell me we’re susceptible to a couple L’s. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

We just went 5-0 in 5 weeks against teams that are sporting a collective 63 win% and that's including all 5 losses that we handed out.

There is no universe where this team isn't in the AP top 10 after that stretch and looking at the rest of the country.

We are, by definition, a top 10 team in the country whether you miserable fucks like it or not.

If you want to talk point margins and quality losses I'm sure the aggys will welcome you with open arms.

Hes-right-you.jpg

It's like Bill Parcells said -- you are what your record says you are.  And if we happen to lose 1 or 2 more games this season, when then, we will be what our record says we are.

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We just went 5-0 in 5 weeks against teams that are sporting a collective 63 win% and that's including all 5 losses that we handed out.

There is no universe where this team isn't in the AP top 10 after that stretch and looking at the rest of the country.

We are, by definition, a top 10 team in the country whether you miserable fucks like it or not.

If you want to talk point margins and quality losses I'm sure the aggys will welcome you with open arms.

preach

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

People are trying to quantify and put a number on a team that can't be pinpointed statistically on what we will or won't do. It is obvious that this team plays to the level of their competition in moments.

We are a top 10 when we want to be and that is really the best way to put it.

Tulsa we led 21-0 at halftime, won 28-21

KState we led 19-0 at halftime, won 19-14

Oklahoma we led 45-24 with 10 minutes to go in the 4th, won 48-45

Baylor we led 23-10 at halftime, won 23-17

All wound up being close wins

We led USC 16-14 at halftime, won 37-14

We trailed TCU 13-10 at halftime, won 31-16

This team struggles to play to their own standard and that is something that no metric can quantify. If we lined up and play Ohio State right now with a healthy Sam I have no doubt in my mind that we could beat them and would have a good chance to do so. At the end of the season against Kansas I have little confidence that we are going to kick the shit out of them and that is just where we are right now.

I think the close scoring margins in particular can be somewhat summed up by the fact that the coaching staff IMO has shown a reluctance to take the training wheels off with this team when we get a lead and just let them play because of how many close games we lost last year on bonehead mistakes. The coaching staff is worried about Ws not style points. In terms of winning the conference and getting momentum on the recruiting trail a 3 point win is the same as a 40 point win.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yep. Sam has led the team through it all until Sat, he looked like it hit him pretty hard. I'm hoping he can support Shane and those guys can both help each other keep the offense rolling, because if we have to keep running Sam so much there is a chance Shane will be required for some meaningful plays again this season.

5 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

And yet you thought Mormon was a typo...

Still waiting for you to pull up all the posts where we compared Sam to the next VY.

So now you are pretending the South Park thing is a shaggy meme?   Stuck on stupid really sums it up.  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

So now you are pretending the South Park thing is a shaggy meme?   Stuck on stupid really sums it up.  

Holy fucking shit you're dumb.  Do you seriously think I didn't type Mormon on purpose?  I'm surprised you didn't say "Lulz, you typed highly regarded you idiot....it's spelled retarded!"

All this takes away from the fact that you continue to dodge backing up your claim that this thread makes it look like Sam is VY 2.0.  Go right ahead, we're all waiting.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Holy fucking shit you're dumb.  Do you seriously think I didn't type Mormon on purpose?  I'm surprised you didn't say "Lulz, you typed highly regarded you idiot....it's spelled retarded!"

All this takes away from the fact that you continue to dodge backing up your claim that this thread makes it look like Sam is VY 2.0.  Go right ahead, we're all waiting.

Trying to deflect from your idiotic non-meme with another meme that is well enough known.     Still stuck on stupid.  

Edited by Nivek
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Trying to deflect from your idiotic non-meme with another meme that is well enough known.     Still stuck on stupid.  

The fact that you have kids is terrifying.  You troll like a 12-year-old future aggy and your takes are equally as dumb.

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, shakahorn said:

Sorry (not sorry) if this has already been asked but was the cut on Sam's hand completely unrelated to the shoulder injury?

It actually looked like his nose was bleeding in some images.   I thought the blood was from that.  I don't recall seeing his hand bandaged when he came back out of the tunnel but I could be wrong.  

7 minutes ago, Nivek said:

It actually looked like his nose was bleeding in some images.   I thought the blood was from that.  I don't recall seeing his hand bandaged when he came back out of the tunnel but I could be wrong.  

Dude he touched his nose with his bloody hand, clearly, and all reports from the first half before the shoulder issue was known were that he’d hurt his hand, and when he returned in the second quarter, he had his hand bandaged. Watch the game, Mitt. 

I think the close scoring margins in particular can be somewhat summed up by the fact that the coaching staff IMO has shown a reluctance to take the training wheels off with this team when we get a lead and just let them play because of how many close games we lost last year on bonehead mistakes. The coaching staff is worried about Ws not style points. In terms of winning the conference and getting momentum on the recruiting trail a 3 point win is the same as a 40 point win.

The coaching staff just wants to get out of the game with a win. They have the training wheels off until a decent lead in most of them, then the coaching staff shits the bed by just trying to burn the clock. That’s not what this team does right now. It puts the defense in a bad spot with short rest.

Win is the main thing, but blowing people out gets attention. Beating ou by 3 was great. Beating them by 21 would have been awesome.

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

I agree that we are deserving of being in the Top 10. Aggy talks quality losses. Point margins matter - when it comes to message board discussion. 

To me we are a team not THAT much different than last year’s with all those close losses. We were a better-than-average team last year and our record didn’t reflect it. We’ve evolved to good (not great). The difference this year is QB, OL, and WR play, in that order. We have a QB that has learned how to win games, by first learning the hard way exactly how to lose them. 

I think that lack of scoring margin has caused people to believe our 7 ranking is inflated. I fall into that camp. We should end the season anywhere between 5 and 15. I bet we finish 10-4 or 11-3. 

32 minutes ago, Nivek said:

They literally said while he was walking out of the tunnel [with bandage clearly visible]: "you see that bandage on his right hand, so it looks like maybe that's where the blood was originating from", then they continued talking about and showing the bandage on his hand.  You're the reason why announcers have to repeat 8 times that Charlie Brewer was never offered by Texas.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I agree that we are deserving of being in the Top 10. Aggy talks quality losses. Point margins matter - when it comes to message board discussion. 

To me we are a team not THAT much different than last year’s with all those close losses. We were a better-than-average team last year and our record didn’t reflect it. We’ve evolved to good (not great). The difference this year is QB, OL, and WR play, in that order. We have a QB that has learned how to win games, by first learning the hard way exactly how to lose them. 

I think that lack of scoring margin has caused people to believe our 7 ranking is inflated. I fall into that camp. We should end the season anywhere between 5 and 15. I bet we finish 10-4 or 11-3. 

I'm not convinced we're the 7th best team in the country, either, but anyone that says we aren't deserving of that ranking is kidding themselves.

46 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

They literally said while he was walking out of the tunnel [with bandage clearly visible]: "you see that bandage on his right hand, so it looks like maybe that's where the blood was originating from", then they continued talking about and showing the bandage on his hand.  You're the reason why announcers have to repeat 8 times that Charlie Brewer was never offered by Texas.

Well, I don't hang off of every word of the announcers and largely tune them out.   I realize you are trying so hard to be right about something.   You almost got me, but I already stated I didn't recall, and I suppose you don't understand what those words mean either.    

• Fuck You 4

Just now, Nivek said:

Well, I don't hang off of every word of the announcers and largely tune them out.   I realize you are trying so hard to be right about something.   You almost got me, but I already stated I didn't recall, and I suppose you don't understand what those words mean either.    

Yeah, maybe if you prefaced all your comments with "I could be wrong", you wouldn't look like such a clown.  I'm not the Einstein who said "Reading this thread, one would think Sam in the offense is VY part 2, while ignoring Tulsa, K-state, Maryland."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

The coaching staff just wants to get out of the game with a win. They have the training wheels off until a decent lead in most of them, then the coaching staff shits the bed by just trying to burn the clock. That’s not what this team does right now. It puts the defense in a bad spot with short rest.

Win is the main thing, but blowing people out gets attention. Beating ou by 3 was great. Beating them by 21 would have been awesome.

The Kansas State game was definitely the staff getting conservative and they know that, Herman said so himself.

The OU game I don't think we got conservative, more so we made a concerted effort to run the ball and milk the clock which wasn't helped by 3 holding penalties. We ran the same running plays we had all game, OU was just keying on them more. If we sprinkle a couple more incompletions into that 4th quarter in an effort to stay aggressive we very well may lose that game in regulation and Surly would have burned to the ground. I think the staffs head was in the right place we just didn't execute. Had we stayed aggressive maybe it works out and we floor OU who knows but I don't really have a problem with the decisions the staff made. Next year is the year Herman and staff will be looking to take them behind the woodshed. Tulsa was just a weird game.

I think the staff is doing a good job of walking the fine line between winning and losing and are focused on big picture although Herman utters every week that we are focused on going 1-0. Herman knows the importance of this season and a 3 point win and a 40 point win in the context of this season is the same because everybody knows we probably aren't realistically a threat to make the CFP. Unfortunately we didn't get to see it because Sam got hurt against Baylor but I believe the staff trusts him now late in games with the way he has played the last 5 weeks. I think going forward you'll see us open it up more in the 4th quarter going forward. The staff had reason to be antsy in the 4th quarter with a lead given what happened last year.

The biggest thing a coach has to do at a new job is what I call getting the plane off the ground by year 2. Herman is doing just that right now. Alabama finished 12-2 in Saban's 2nd year, the season ended with two straight losses to Florida (SEC championship game) and Utah (Sugar Bowl) but it was still a get the plane off the ground season. That season had a 14 point win over a 2-10 Tulane, a 3 point win over a 7-6 Kenutcky,  a 6 point OT win over an 8-5 LSU, and a 4 point win over an 8-5 Ole Miss. Nobody gives a shit about that now. Herman is an introverted asshole, once the plane is in the air full speed ahead we will start kicking peoples asses.

Edited by Texas25
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

This. Spot on. 

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

After years of having to tell ourselves we're better than our mediocre win-loss records indicated, it's a breath of fresh air to read discussions about how our stellar win-loss records are actually illusory.

I think I'm framing this. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dusty said:

Rehab, Sam style-

386beb7a1ffe11908e978dfc06177d71.png

@sehlinger3 throwing up #HookEm sign on stage at the #ShawnMendes concert at #ACLFest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Cuernavaca said:

Wearing #60?

Hook 'Em Sam!!!

22 hours ago, Lhorn said:

“He’s a linebacker playing QB”

He using his non-throwing shoulder..... doomed. 

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Sam to MLB!!

Sam should starts!

(Gary, you'll just have to find another position.)

PS- UNRELATED TO SAM EHLINGER... but I just clicked on the first video of the last quoted post and totally thought that a woman was singing until they panned over to Mendes getting up from the piano. Girls who love sensitive guys must fucking love Mendes.

Edited by Napoleon

13 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Yeah, maybe if you prefaced all your comments with "I could be wrong", you wouldn't look like such a clown.  I'm not the Einstein who said "Reading this thread, one would think Sam in the offense is VY part 2, while ignoring Tulsa, K-state, Maryland."

awe you are just so mad that I am still right and you are still wrong.   It is not difficult to admit you made a mistake and move on.  But you are not man enough to do that.  Keep fucking that chicken, clown.  

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

awe you are just so mad that I am still right and you are still wrong.   It is not difficult to admit you made a mistake and move on.  But you are not man enough to do that.  Keep fucking that chicken, clown.  

Yes, you're absolutely right....anyone reading this thread would think Sam is VY 2.0 and Sam definitely didn't have a bandage on his hand after coming out of the tunnel.  You win...you're the man!  You have tons of time to throw 3rd grade-level insults at me and anyone else who disagrees with you, but none to back up your claim.  No one wants to read this anymore, so if want to talk about it further, PM Goo Punch.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Yes, you're absolutely right....anyone reading this thread would think Sam is VY 2.0 and Sam definitely didn't have a bandage on his hand after coming out of the tunnel.  You win...you're the man!  You have tons of time to throw 3rd grade-level insults at me and anyone else who disagrees with you, but none to back up your claim.  No one wants to read this anymore, so if want to talk about it further, PM Goo Punch.

Sure you want to read my opinions.  This is why you reacted like you did.  If you didn't, you would have just ignored me.  But instead you started insulting me and now you want to run away having been wrong about nearly everything.   Also, I used 3rd grade level insults so that I could reach my audience. 

If you didn't want me to respond, you wouldn't keep posting about me.  I actually think this is funny cause it upsets you so much.  You want to be right so much... and yet you can't be.   It must really burn you up.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1