Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

3 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

If you didn’t see it against USC in his first start in 2017, I’d give you a pass after watching his idiot plays versus SC and OSU. If you haven’t seen it now, you’re a moron. 

I saw “it” against USC, but then “it” was overpowered by “what the fuck?!?!” as the season progressed. And yes, that was as a true freshman behind a truly horrible offensive line. But “it” has kept “what the fuck?!?!” in check during this win streak.

Why are we even debating this?  Sam is light years better than Shane.  With shane we went 5-7 in 2016 and he sucked bad as a starter in 2018.  Sam has gotten us to 5-1 before he got injured.   How can anyone watch yesterdays game against a dog shit Baylor defense and think Shane even played remotely well?  The D coordinators have proven that they know how to completely shut Shane down.  Drop 8 and rush 3.  He panics in the pocket and has no confidence throwing in coverage.  If sam is even 70% healthy, start him.  We need every win we can get.  WVU, ISU, and Tech are not gimme wins.  We need to win against osu and kansas to at least get us to 8 wins.  Play him against osu if he can go and worry about it later if he re-aggravates it.  

Edited by victory88
  • Like 4

Just now, South Austin said:

I saw “it” against USC, but then “it” was overpowered by “what the fuck?!?!” as the season progressed. And yes, that was as a true freshman behind a truly horrible offensive line. But “it” has kept “what the fuck?!?!” in check during this win streak.

For me, “what the fuck” kept “it” in check through MD this year. That’s why I wasn’t overly critical of him. But since then, “it” has far overpowered “WTF” as there have been no “WTF” moments since MD. 

1 minute ago, Go Pokes said:

There isn’t a QB on your roster that couldn’t beat us by 14+ points. Whoever you run out there will have the greatest game of his career. Keep that in mind when the QB controversy starts the day after.

Yeah whatever, man. This is going to be a fuckin dogfight as most of our games have been. I'm not complaining, though. This season has been fun.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

For me, “what the fuck” kept “it” in check through MD this year. That’s why I wasn’t overly critical of him. But since then, “it” has far overpowered “WTF” as there have been no “WTF” moments since MD. 

I know this injury is a small setback but Sam also looks a lot more built this year. I think he also has been taking the slide and getting out of bounds much better.

11 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Our O was moving the ball against a KSU that is clearly a bit better than initially thought. Tulsa was murdering our D in the first half; the O wasn’t the problem. And Sam’s performance the whole game against TCU was good. I agree, again, that our O is a work in progress and not sold on the notion that we are world beaters. But it is progressing - with Sam - and regresses with Shane. 

We were ahead of Tulsa 21-0 at the half. Are you watching different games than the rest of us? Pretty much agree with the rest of it.

Just now, Bevo14 said:

Yeah whatever, man. This is going to be a fuckin dogfight as most of our games have been. I'm not complaining, though. This season has been fun.

Yup.  This will most likely be a night game at Stillwater.  We're a "top 10" team.  That stadium will be rowdy looking to take us down.  We don't exactly play well on the road.  This will be a very close game. 

38 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

Also, if they are not going to change the game plan, they need to put Thompson in for the running threat, even though Rising is QB3.

Except that everybody in the fucking stadium will know that Thompson will be running it, so I’m not sure how effective that will be.

Why are we even debating this?  Sam is light years better than Shane.  With shane we went 5-7 in 2016 and he sucked bad as a starter in 2018.  Sam has gotten us to 5-1 before he got injured.   How can anyone watch yesterdays game against a dog shit Baylor defense and think Shane even played remotely well?  The D coordinators have proven that they know how to completely shut Shane down.  Drop 8 and rush 3.  He panics in the pocket and has no confidence throwing in coverage.  If sam is even 70% healthy, start him.  We need every win we can get.  WVU, ISU, and Tech are not gimme wins.  We need to win against osu and kansas to at least get us to 8 wins.  Play him against osu if he can go and worry about it later if he re-aggravates it.  

Yeah, that’s truly the difference maker in this discussion, how easy it is to scheme against Shane. Sam is able to force to defenses into situations that are disadvantageous, and he is able to make teams pay for cheating one way or the other run vs pass. Shane can’t force anything on a team. He can’t throw it over a team, so they don’t need to leave their safeties high, he can’t make tons of quick tight throws necessitating teams not blitz, and of course he can’t be used in the run game to keep them honest. He’s just so easily schemable.

38 minutes ago, satyanash said:

People are saying it's the same injury Sam Bradford had in 2008... I remember them trying to rush him back for the RRS, one sack and his year was over. Best to be careful and hold him out against OK. St.

Get well soon, Sam.

Bradfords was considered a grade II or possibly III.  Means tears to some but not all of the ligaments in the joint.

agreed I hope we don't rush him because of the way we use him, but if it's truly a grade I then normally it would be fully healed in 6 weeks with no need to surgically repair ligaments.  Stretched or partial tear of a ligament, requires time to recover. 

Not ideal in the least, though we pretty much knew that in Hermans offense it's a good thing to have more than 1 capable QB. 

6 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

No. Like our coach and players, we’ve given up. I kinda like UT so I’d rather not fuck up their season. If we’re going to pull an upset, which I don’t see happening, I hope it’s OU (lol) or BU (sadly, also lol).

No way. I bit on this "internal locker room strife" narrative with Tech last year and with Maryland this year. 

No way. I bit on this "internal locker room strife" narrative with Tech last year and with Maryland this year. 

Yeah but you guys kind of sucked last season. You’re #7 in the country. TT and ISU beat our asses at home. The bye week and the obvious need to change QBs are the only thing you should be concerned about. Even then, losing to us would be almost like losing to KU.

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

He is an effective enough fill in for Sam, while out with the hand injury on yesterday... That's better than many division 1 teams can claim...

Let us all pray that Sam's hand heals in time for Stillwater. His hand. What with his hand injury and all. Hand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bradfords was considered a grade II or possibly III.  Means tears to some but not all of the ligaments in the joint.
agreed I hope we don't rush him because of the way we use him, but if it's truly a grade I then normally it would be fully healed in 6 weeks with no need to surgically repair ligaments.  Stretched or partial tear of a ligament, requires time to recover. 
  Not ideal in the least, though we pretty much knew that in Hermans offense it's a good thing to have more than 1 capable QB. 

He shut it down because he was going to be a 1st rounder that season. It’s not even close to the same.

16 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Yeah but you guys kind of sucked last season. You’re #7 in the country. TT and ISU beat our asses at home. The bye week and the obvious need to change QBs are the only thing you should be concerned about. Even then, losing to us would be almost like losing to KU.

Let’s not get crazy 

• Like 2

Yup.  This will most likely be a night game at Stillwater.  We're a "top 10" team.  That stadium will be rowdy looking to take us down.  We don't exactly play well on the road.  This will be a very close game. 

We were dang near a “Top 10” team last time we strolled in there. Fat lotta good it did us

35 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Been there, done that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Maybe if you post the exact same thing over and over in multiple threads he will play better

I'd post over and over sitting naked in a bowl of SpaghettiOs if it would help.

I think his mental attitude is going to make a hell of a difference. So many times and they showed him in the Huddle he had a slight smirk on his face like he didn't really want to be there, that in itself is worrisome.

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

Goddamn you two are fucking dumb. This is becoming funny.

I’m surprised you’re still here. I thought you would’ve run away to the Big Brother thread. I guess that you cannot produce those quotes. 

So you’re doubling down on this idiocy.  Nobody has intimated he’s close to VY. And you know it. 

What I said was the praise was so high, one might think we were talking about VY. That is what I said. I didn’t say “you said he was VY, and you are wrong because.....”. You and the moron twins are making up something to get mad about because you can’t fucking comprehend a simple statement.

I never claimed that he was VY or that anyone ever said he was. You seriously cannot understand the difference?

You seem to oscillate between good posts in the old oil baron’s thread and absolute shit on all other forums.
_—————-_—————————————————

And this is really going to mindfuck you. I hope Sam gets well and gets some more games like his OU performance. I hope Shane contributes in a meaningful way and can get some more reps in game time with the 2nd string offense. Now, how are you and the moron twins going to cry about this latest statement? I didn’t explicitly state “garbage time” so I must be hoping for an injury to Sam?
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Nivek said:

What I said was the praise was so high, one might think we were talking about VY. That is what I said. I didn’t say “you said he was VY, and you are wrong because.....”. You and the moron twins are making up something to get mad about because you can’t fucking comprehend a simple statement.

I never claimed that he was VY or that anyone ever said he was. You seriously cannot understand the difference?

You seem to oscillate between good posts in the old oil baron’s thread and absolute shit on all other forums.
_—————-_—————————————————

And this is really going to mindfuck you. I hope Sam gets well and gets some more games like his OU performance. I hope Shane contributes in a meaningful way and can get some more reps in game time with the 2nd string offense. Now, how are you and the moron twins going to cry about this latest statement? I didn’t explicitly state “garbage time” so I must be hoping for an injury to Sam?

Sounds good Peter.  

2 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Is rex kramer not the aggy obsessive autistic dude from shaggy? Do I have him confused with somebody else?

Nope. You’re confused. 

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I guess that's still better than losing to the team that lost to Kansas...  How far we fell.

Edited by Gaffords

58 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Well, it is true. Sorry you are so easily confused by words. You chose the “we mock what we don’t understand” approach.

Maybe you missed the first 4 weeks of this thread, where most everyone was ragging on Sam.  Just because there's been recent praise of our best QB option at the moment, doesn't equate to everyone saying he's the next VY and people pretending he didn't have bad games.  Look at the very first page of the thread:

dude is mush. he''s not even a poor mans colt.

Sam Ehlinger is a classic football moron. It is no wonder Tim Beck and Herman love him. They’re all losers. 

He’s not a poor mans Ash.

fucking horrible, get him out of there

Sam sucks. 

He goes through his progressions like he reads 12 words per minute while mouthing the words out loud.

He’s garbage. And if mods are deleting threads, so is this board.

A waterheaded retard. He should be done here.

Might be the worse QB we have ever had

he fucking sucks

Yes all that is true, but Sam still sucks at being a D1 QB

There’s a good chance he’s terrible and also the best we have.

His moxiness greatly exceeds his winnerness.

Fuck yourself. He’s a fucking retard. Same shit over and over and over. He’s done. We’re done. 

Sam's decision making is so questionable and flat out dumb at times.

I'll await your citations which support "Reading this thread, one would think Sam in the offense is VY part 2, while ignoring Tulsa, K-state, Maryland.", you mouth-breathing Mormon.

• Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm honestly not sure we'd beat Okie State with Shane taking the snaps.  I know everybody's pumped up that Texas is ranked in the top 10, etc. but the 'horns are nowhere near a complete team.  

Is my sarcasm meter broken or are you just retarded?