Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

On 10/24/2018 at 10:11 PM, Vic Mackey said:
On 10/24/2018 at 8:37 PM, jdhorn92 said:
Meh, we said the same thing about Baylor and we didn't exactly light up their depleted secondary.  I expect a dog fight to the very end.

Ummm did you miss Sam going down early in the game that changed our whole game plan?

Yeah I missed that 

15 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Yep. If we have Shane, we will likely lose. 

Agreed.  Best chance of Shane is QB would depend on the staff running “regular” running plays, instead of everything coming from zone read/option action, which fools nobodyand is just a way to hand the ball off super-slow.

4 hours ago, scottsins said:

Agreed.  Best chance of Shane is QB would depend on the staff running “regular” running plays, instead of everything coming from zone read/option action, which fools nobodyand is just a way to hand the ball off super-slow.

So how long until OSU figures out that Sam isn’t gonna run it much either? We’ve seen what that offense looks like and it’s pretty similar to Shane playing. 

5 hours ago, scottsins said:

this offense depends on the QB making plays with his feet. we really would be better off with Rising as our backup. your backup should always be able to run the same offense as your starter. that would trump the experience edge Shane has.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I realize this isn't exactly an original thought, but Herman's "Golly, I don't know who we're gonna start at QB!" from August is pretty funny now. We're only like three TDs better with Sam, but ok. 

Right. We all know that if Sam is healthy, which he should be, he will start.

3 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

So how long until OSU figures out that Sam isn’t gonna run it much either? We’ve seen what that offense looks like and it’s pretty similar to Shane playing. 

No it’s not. Even when he’s not running, he’s better. You’re not one of those that thinks Shane is a superior passer to Sam are you?  Those people exist all over this board. 

13 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

No it’s not. Even when he’s not running, he’s better. You’re not one of those that thinks Shane is a superior passer to Sam are you?  Those people exist all over this board. 

His pocket presence after the Maryland game has been sooo much better. He's also made some really good clutch throws into tight coverage. 

19 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Shane at Notre shame 2016 I thought was the next great. Had deep ball touch competitiveness and looked great. His regression has been something else 

In the beginning, Shane could drop a 50 yard pass on a moving dime. The kid was had so much touch with the deep pass. He was never the same after being injured.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

You’re making shit up again. Nobody is asking for Shane. It’s about the offensive design.  Sam had one unreal game, I get it. You forgot he was wildly inaccurate prior. When he runs, we roll. When he doesn’t we are very average. We were ranked where prior to OU? The 70s? 80s? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 9

2 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

You’re making shit up again. Nobody is asking for Shane. It’s about the offensive design.  Sam had one unreal game, I get it. You forgot he was wildly inaccurate prior. When he runs, we roll. When he doesn’t we are very average. We were ranked where prior to OU? The 70s? 80s? 

He's leading the team, not turning theball over, and doing what it takes to win.

Also, beat USC, and TCU. Beat K State on the road, all prior to beating blowU. Also, you think we went from being ranked 80 to being ranked 9 in one week?

Also, check the stats before you talk stats, hes not wildly inaccurate - no pics and throwing about 70% since Maryland isn't wildly innacurate.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Zavala said:

He's leading the team, not turning theball over, and doing what it takes to win.

Also, beat USC, and TCU. Beat K State on the road, all prior to beating blowU. Also, you think we went from being ranked 80 to being ranked 9 in one week?

Also, check the stats before you talk stats, hes not wildly inaccurate - no pics and throwing about 70% since Maryland isn't wildly innacurate.

There’s more to accuracy than completing passes....try to follow along

8 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

If he’s not running, he’s an average thrower. Nobody is arguing anything other than that. It’s a fucking fact.

You're a fucking dumb ass and that is putting it mildly.

Even if he can't "run" as much tonight, his pocket presence and ability to feel and avoid pressure is light years better than Shane's. Sam's ability to keep a play alive and simply get out of the pocket when it collapses makes the offense way better than when Shane is in the game.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

lmao, yeah they're everywhere. i don't go a day without seeing someone clamoring for shane to be our starter. (do i need to point out that this is sarcasm, or does the fact that literally nobody has said that shane > sam for over a month now now make it obvious?)

You didn’t read my post did you. You fucking retard. 

20 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

You're a fucking dumb ass and that is putting it mildly.

Even if he can't "run" as much tonight, his pocket presence and ability to feel and avoid pressure is light years better than Shane's. Sam's ability to keep a play alive and simply get out of the pocket when it collapses makes the offense way better than when Shane is in the game.

Way better? Like 70th in the country good?

2 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Way better? Like 70th in the country good?

Sam is 17th in the country in pass EPA which is factored into your total QBR. He is 56th in the country in passing yards and that is having missed a game, he would likely be in the top 40 if you just add his average to his current passing yardage total. He is much more of an efficient passer than Shane. If you want to know why the offense gets stagnant it probably has just a little bit to do with the fact that we are averaging 3.9 ypc as a team 7 games into the season.

54 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

I know that nobody wants Shane as long term starter (pay attention Derka). However, that does not temper comments like “Shane is a better passer” or “We should not play Sam. We can beat OSU without him”. 

45 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

70th in the country in what?

In total O. We we are pretty pedestrian unless Sam can open it all up. He didn’t run a great deal before OU, often handing it off and missing reads. I think we will try to win without running him and it’ll likely look pretty ugly. Which I’m fine with. All I said was it’ll look similar to Shane last week.

Edited by Revolution512

• immamac unfeatured this topic