Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

37 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Four dropped passes right on target so far.

Is that more or less than the number of open receivers he's had when he's thrown into the ground or 5-10 yards off target? He's not losing the game tonight, but expecting him to bail out the team is foolhardy.

I'm glad the guy had the game of his life during the biggest game of the season so far, but I just absolutely don't get all the love for him. It's not that I think he's terrible; since he's quit throwing back breaking interceptions, he's....fine, I guess? All I know is that the guy has an uncanny ability to make an amazing plays followed by throws that look like something from a not-particularly-talented 7th grader.

• Fuck You 2

24 minutes ago, Sheep Have Wool said:

Is that more or less than the number of open receivers he's had when he's thrown into the ground or 5-10 yards off target? He's not losing the game tonight, but expecting him to bail out the team is foolhardy.

I'm glad the guy had the game of his life during the biggest game of the season so far, but I just absolutely don't get all the love for him. It's not that I think he's terrible; since he's quit throwing back breaking interceptions, he's....fine, I guess? All I know is that the guy has an uncanny ability to make an amazing plays followed by throws that look like something from a not-particularly-talented 7th grader.

This....this is not aging well. 

27 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Sam was great. 

i don't think he was "great" but he certainly wasn't bad, and he's not on the list of reasons we lost the game. i'd describe sam more as "typical sam" than great. he made some poor throws, but he also dropped some drew brees-like dimes for some big plays. he didn't turn the ball over, he played hard, he ran hard; if the defense hadn't taken a nap for an entire half we certainly would have won. At this point Sam is not a question mark. He's still not the most consistently accurate passer, but he makes up for that with his play making ability and the fact that's he drops ridiculous dimes as often as he misses an open wr.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i don't think he was "great" but he certainly wasn't bad, and he's not on the list of reasons we lost the game. i'd describe sam more as "typical sam" than great. he made some poor throws, but he also dropped some drew brees-like dimes for some big plays. he didn't turn the ball over, he played hard, he ran hard; if the defense hadn't taken a nap for an entire half we certainly would have won. At this point Sam is not a question mark. He's still not the most consistently accurate passer, but he makes up for that with his play making ability and the fact that's he drops ridiculous dimes as often as he misses an open wr.

I think he was great. He was about the only bright spot all night for our team. He made plays when we need him too and didn't have a turn over. You really can't ask for much more, and he brought us back to within 3. There were a couple poor throws, but there were also a few drops. I would also argue that the play calling to get the WR's more open didn't help. 

4 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I think he was great. He was about the only bright spot all night for our team. He made plays when we need him too and didn't have a turn over. You really can't ask for much more, and he brought us back to within 3. There were a couple poor throws, but there were also a few drops. I would also argue that the play calling to get the WR's more open didn't help. 

Keayonte Ingram was a bright spot. 

Again.

Tre Watson sucked. So did Daniel Young. Again.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Keayonte Ingram was a bright spot. 

Again.

Tre Watson sucked. So did Daniel Young. Again.

True, Ingram was solid. I don't really understand how they think all 3 guys are completely interchangeable. I understand wanting to limit Ingram's plays. But the Daniel Young runs were pretty worthless.

3 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

True, Ingram was solid. I don't really understand how they think all 3 guys are completely interchangeable. I understand wanting to limit Ingram's plays. But the Daniel Young runs were pretty worthless.

For me, it is the most frustrating thing about this offense. I just don't get it. 

Ingram is a superstar.

Edited by David Dennison

8 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Ingram is the top dog and he should get the lion's share of the load. Daniel Young hasn't done anything all season

19 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

I like how he was thriving in the moment. Even smiling. He could feel the hope of a comeback was there. 

He had that look going into the drive from the 3 after dumblefuck decided to field the punt. I was still confident because I could see that Sam was.

Then the refs fucked us on that bullshit holding call, and you could see it on his face that we were done. 

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

He had that look going into the drive from the 3 after dumblefuck decided to field the punt. I was still confident because I could see that Sam was.

Then the refs fucked us on that bullshit holding call, and you could see it on his face that we were done. 

Yep he had a td drive in him with better field position 

32 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Young man continues to lead and develop. If everyone else had played with his effort and relative consistency, we would've won by double digits tonight.

He's a gamer for sure.  Really poised. Too bad he didn't get more help tonight. 

22/42 for 283 yards seems more "good" than "great", and I bet Sam would be the first to tell you that as well. He took a couple ugly sacks and missed on some throws, but was also maybe the biggest reason UT had a shot at the win. The bottom line is he played more than good enough to get a victory. It's a team effort of course, but I'd put the lion's share of this L on the defense. 

11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

22/42 for 283 yards seems more "good" than "great", and I bet Sam would be the first to tell you that as well. He took a couple ugly sacks and missed on some throws, but was also maybe the biggest reason UT had a shot at the win. The bottom line is he played more than good enough to get a victory. It's a team effort of course, but I'd put the lion's share of this L on the defense. 

ugly sacks?

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

ugly sacks?

Should've said sack. That one where he was scrambling to his right and didn't sense the Ok state guy coming from almost directly behind him. I'd say 75% of college QB's would've fumbled on that play because of the kind of hit it was. Dude has a strong grip. 

Just now, Helobious said:

Should've said sack. That one where he was scrambling to his right and didn't sense the Ok state guy coming from almost directly behind him. I'd say 75% of college QB's would've fumbled on that play because of the kind of hit it was. Dude has a strong grip. 

You mean the last play of the half. I wouldn't qualify that as ugly.

He threw some great passes that were on the money tonight.  HIs running game and WRs didn't show up tonight.  I think the staff may have played a bit too timid tonight.  I think we should have designed more runs for him.  I know he's nursing his shoulder, but this offense doesn't work if Sam isn't a threat to run with the ball.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Yeah, you’re an idiot. 

6 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Lil J catches the rock it’s 23/42 for 340

Not limited to LJ.  He should’ve been 28 for 42 for close to 400. He played great. Helobius and Derka have to say something negative about Sam because they’re morons. 

1 minute ago, deft said:

Well thought out retort there. I can see exactly what you’re trying to state in your counterpoint argument. All of his points were refuted so eloquently.

You’re under some impression I’m in a dick measuring contest with Derka. What he said was retarded. I’m disinterested in refuting. Eat a dick. 

• immamac unfeatured this topic