Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

32 minutes ago, BigXII said:

Been a long time since our QB was a major plus for the entire team. Sam looks like the heart of the Longhorns. The rest of the team feeds off of him. He sets the tone with his hard play. We got ourselves a star QB at Texas again. I can't wait to see what Ehlinger morphs into over the next 2 years.

Yep. Waiting for the defense to get that "It" guy. Damn we need that leader on D.

19 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Is there a better returning quarterback in the Big 12 next season? Ehlinger and Bowman should be battling for all Big 12, and maybe MVP, next year. And Sam gets the edge because of his running.

Probably not.

OU - the midget is going to play baseball, I don't think Riley knows who the starter is next year, he probably isn't on the team.

WVU - Greier is a SR moving on to the NFL.

UT - Ehlinger is a true SO.

ISU - Purdy is a true freshmen WO, but will Campbell be there much longer?

BU - they seem to be alternating between Brewer and McClendon now, though McClendon is a SR and Brewer is a true SO.

TT - Bowman is a freshmen and Duffey is SO.

OSU - their guy is a SR.

TCU - Robinson is a true SO, but I bet Rogers takes over. Wouldn't be surprised if Rogers starts after the WVU game.

KU - no one gives a shit

KSU - Thompson is a SO.

So you have Ehlinger, Purdy, and Bowman as the likely best returning QBs in the league next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Probably not.

OU - the midget is going to play baseball, I don't think Riley knows who the starter is next year, he probably isn't on the team.

WVU - Greier is a SR moving on to the NFL.

UT - Ehlinger is a true SO.

ISU - Purdy is a true freshmen WO, but will Campbell be there much longer?

BU - they seem to be alternating between Brewer and McClendon now, though McClendon is a SR and Brewer is a true SO.

TT - Bowman is a freshmen and Duffey is SO.

OSU - their guy is a SR.

TCU - Robinson is a true SO, but I bet Rogers takes over. Wouldn't be surprised if Rogers starts after the WVU game.

KU - no one gives a shit

KSU - Thompson is a SO.

So you have Ehlinger, Purdy, and Bowman as the likely best returning QBs in the league next year.

OU has a 5 star QB from Arizona https://247sports.com/player/spencer-rattler-87297/

29 minutes ago, pacman said:

329 yards rushing, 9 TDs

2171 yards passing, 16 TDs, 2 INTs

64% completion

4 catches for 43 yards

Bravo!

He keeps progressing at this rate he's a Heisman contender next year. I've been pleasantly surprised with his performances. It'd be nice if he was able to have LJH and CJ back next season but I'm not counting on it.

The best play Sam made yesterday was when he checked into a run away from the WVU blitz in the 2nd quarter. Watson picked up 12 and scored on the next play, but it showed the kinda growth he has  made this year. Last year that play would have been blown up for a loss and likely a FGA.

9 hours ago, BigXII said:

Been a long time since our QB was a major plus for the entire team. Sam looks like the heart of the Longhorns. The rest of the team feeds off of him. He sets the tone with his hard play. We got ourselves a star QB at Texas again. I can't wait to see what Ehlinger morphs into over the next 2 years.

tenor.gif?itemid=8169080

• Like 1

He still missed a few key throws with a painful miss on Beck and then Ingram in the end zone, but overall, he is hugely improved from last year.  He went from a true liability and concern on turnovers to essentially as good as you can reasonably expect with TOs at the QB position.  That's a gigantic change to me.  His vision is better and he is much faster on his progressions from last year.  He's tough and has good moxie and competitive spirit you want from the position.  I am confident he could be really something as a junior, and I am very confident Comsi can play either tackle position next year well too which is a great feeling going into next year.  I am still curious how Rising is as a passer too, but right now no real complaints.    

On 11/3/2018 at 10:37 AM, Tired of Lurking said:

I think Ehlinger will be playing on Sundays. 

I agree.  There were a couple times Saturday where his poise in the pocket looked like that of a pro. Last year in those instances he would've failed early,  but Saturday he made subtle moves to avoid danger and flung some big time passes after doing so.  I've gotta hand it to him and Beck/Herman,  he's already a way better QB than I thought he was capable of this time last year. I'm really excited for his future.  The only thing I worry about in the upcoming years is the Herman/Beck/Meyer inclination to run QBs into ground in lieu of using their RBs. They've avoided it here lately,  but next year as the games start to mean more I worry that they'll do it to Sam's detriment. Dude is starting to look like a stud.  

On 11/5/2018 at 7:04 AM, Tired of Lurking said:

It would be nice if we let them actually go through the ebb and flow of their performances before writing them off. 

Bro, do you even interweb?

We loved your avatar all of last year, now he has shat the sheets in back to back games and he is the worst defensive coordinator we have ever hired.