Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

12 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Only guilty people feel guilty

Nah. Don’t feel guilty a bit. Nothing to be guilty for. I’m pretty fucking awesome.  That’s why it’s so weird if someone were to try to tell me to be a better person. Not possible. 

Edited by Lhorn

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Yes.

Other than the Navigator sales have been down. They could be doing better now but I did not see 2018 year-end numbers. Lincoln has been bad.

August sales for Lincoln were 8,945, up from 8,708 in the same month last year. The Navigator, the brand’s massive and expensive sport utility vehicle, bolstered the August numbers. Its sales were 1,522, up from 755 in August 2017. Over the course of the first eight months of the year, Lincoln sales were 67,112, down from 73,930 a year ago. Once again, the Navigator saved Lincoln from much worse results. Its sales were 11,828, up from 6,484 in the first eight months of 2017.

Lincoln’s car brand sales have taken a terrible plunge. Through eight months, sales of these vehicles fell from 27,074 to 18,712 over the period. Sales of Lincoln SUVs, with the exception of the Navigator, are also in trouble.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247wallst.com/autos/2018/09/05/lincoln-brand-crashes-in-august/amp/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Okie State said:

Nautilus just launched in the last quarter or so. Aviator goes on sale soon and I'd expect it to do well. The old line up was weak so they still could turn it around.

Anyway, I don't have an issue with the commercials. A lot worse out there.

Oh yeah, I know what cars they have coming out. I just don't have too much faith in Ford management to make it all work.

Other than the Navigator sales have been down. They could be doing better now but I did not see 2018 year-end numbers. Lincoln has been bad.

August sales for Lincoln were 8,945, up from 8,708 in the same month last year. The Navigator, the brand’s massive and expensive sport utility vehicle, bolstered the August numbers. Its sales were 1,522, up from 755 in August 2017. Over the course of the first eight months of the year, Lincoln sales were 67,112, down from 73,930 a year ago. Once again, the Navigator saved Lincoln from much worse results. Its sales were 11,828, up from 6,484 in the first eight months of 2017.

Lincoln’s car brand sales have taken a terrible plunge. Through eight months, sales of these vehicles fell from 27,074 to 18,712 over the period. Sales of Lincoln SUVs, with the exception of the Navigator, are also in trouble.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247wallst.com/autos/2018/09/05/lincoln-brand-crashes-in-august/amp/

The campaign started in 2014 and sales of MKZ went up. Lots of stories you could fund to support the successful launch of this campaign. Further, I’m not sure there was a summer McConaughey campaign leading up to the stats showing diminished sales.

4 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

The campaign started in 2014 and sales of MKZ went up. Lots of stories you could fund to support the successful launch of this campaign. Further, I’m not sure there was a summer McConaughey campaign leading up to the stats showing diminished sales.

I don't want this to turn into a pissing match. But sales are not good, McConaughey or no McConaughey.

In 2013 (the redesign) they sold 32,361 MKZ

In 2014 they sold 34,009 MKZ

In 2015 they sold 30,901 MKZ

In 2016 they sold 30,534 MKZ

In 2017 they sold 27,387 MKZ

In 2018 they sold 19,852 MKZ

I'm not bashing Ford, or Lincoln, because my family has owned a bunch of Ford/Lincoln/Mercury autos, and I have two in the driveway now. I think the MKZ is a good car. But they can't sell them. They have never reached 35,000 sold in a year. 

I don't want this to turn into a pissing match. But sales are not good, McConaughey or no McConaughey.
In 2013 (the redesign) they sold 32,361 MKZ
In 2014 they sold 34,009 MKZ
In 2015 they sold 30,901 MKZ
In 2016 they sold 30,534 MKZ
In 2017 they sold 27,387 MKZ
In 2018 they sold 19,852 MKZ
I'm not bashing Ford, or Lincoln, because my family has owned a bunch of Ford/Lincoln/Mercury autos, and I have two in the driveway now. I think the MKZ is a good car. But they can't sell them. They have never reached 35,000 sold in a year. 

Lesson learned. Don’t get into a pissing contest about Lincoln with a Buick salesman from Pittsburgh.

6 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Lesson learned. Don’t get into a pissing contest about Lincoln with a Buick salesman from Pittsburgh.

I’m not a Buick salesman. I own a 1968 Buick, that’s it. I own two Fords too. I don’t think that disqualifies me from saying that an ad campaign is dumb. McConaughey making a cool trick shot on a pool table does not sell cars. 

On 2/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

I’m not a Buick salesman. I own a 1968 Buick, that’s it. I own two Fords too. I don’t think that disqualifies me from saying that an ad campaign is dumb. McConaughey making a cool trick shot on a pool table does not sell cars. 

I don't think the trick shot is the highlight of that commercial, but rather the misplaced satisfied grunt that he makes at some point. 

Listen for it. Rewind it - it'll get funnier and more absurd each time. 

On 2/19/2019 at 8:10 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

I don't think the trick shot is the highlight of that commercial, but rather the misplaced satisfied grunt that he makes at some point. 

Listen for it. Rewind it - it'll get funnier and more absurd each time. 

Well, that and anyone who has ever made a few dollars off of a pool table during their lifetime sees it for what it is, a dumb Masse’ shot. A shot that if you fuck up and cut the felt on the table they will be putting your body in the trunk of a Lincoln. 

5 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Goo'll love this one.  Virtue signaling against bias and racist AI.  I almost threw up.

All that PC bullshit, yet they knew damn well to hide Blossom's fat ass behind some theater chairs.

• Like 1

In the past few mins Ive seen commercials for old woman leaking/pissing themselves when they laugh medication, a medication for people who can't shit,  and one for heavy flow periods. Maybe I'm dreaming, but wasn't there some initiative to stop these gross ass commercials from airing at diner time? Not that I'm eating, but sometimes I watch TV and eat and these commercials are gross. 

On 3/4/2019 at 8:29 PM, RamjetFDO said:

The Chromebook commercial with the stereotypical snowflakes whining about their precious laptops "dying" because they're not self-aware enough to know to charge it when it gets low...

... almost as annoying as the "what's a computer?" brat.

Came here to post this one. Does anyone have a charger? We're dyyyyyyyying. 

56 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Came here to post this one. Does anyone have a charger? We're dyyyyyyyying. 

So fucking stupid. The gist of their commercial is that when their battery is low everyone dramatically declares "I'm dying.". Stupid because pretty much no one says that. YMMV but I've literally never heard a single person say that. 

blond Asian chick on the bus Is so annoying. 

every commercial that tells me how much more TV i could be watching is horrible

the 2 minute long ad HBO shows for all its shows before its shows - i'm halfway done with my gotdamn sandwich before what i actually want to watch comes on. 

Edited by elfenix