Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

Parker has been more the plug-n-play type receiver that could probably help soon, but he probably doesn't have a lot of upside. Still young, but not likely worth the salary he would demand for a former first round pick. He's also dinged up a lot.

Benjamin is the biggest mystery. He did not fit in with the Panthers style and Cam's wild inaccuracy throwing downfield, but ended up in an even worse situation in the Buffalo dumpster fire. He seems to have lost interest there. He's not that young any more, but for a few years may be the best gamble of the three at getting some upside production.

Cooper is a post route guy that would be going to a team that doesn't throw post routes, and has bad hands on a team that can't afford bad hands. I don't think he will ever be an effective number one guy again, and will always be overpriced and will underproduce for his price tag. He's an expensive decoy.

I wouldn't spring for any of them unless one of them came dirt cheap. It would more likely just hinder their opportunities for finding and developing better long term replacements in the offseason.

There's probably as good a chance or better that the light clicks on for Gallup than any of these guys paying off dividends this year and next.

They could have Terrelle Pryor for cheap after he was just cut by the Jets. He's out with a groin for a couple of weeks, but he can do some things, has showed flashes of being a playmaker, could be a useful option without much of an investment.

1 hour ago, DougO said:

They could have Terrelle Pryor for cheap after he was just cut by the Jets. He's out with a groin for a couple of weeks, but he can do some things, has showed flashes of being a playmaker, could be a useful option without much of an investment.

He's terrible, always hurt, and his teammates hate him..... in both NY and Washington.

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

CBS gets cowboys and redskins for the first time in like 30 years, and they don’t even have it be a national game?

ive got the rams, in yellow on yellow no less, vs San Francisco. 

It is the National game, that’s why Romo and Nantz are in the booth 

On 10/15/2018 at 1:40 AM, In10se said:

Depends. Do they go back to not using any motion, horizontal action to freeze LBs and DEs, QB run game, misdirection, built in feints, and playaction? Go back to predictable routes and play calling patterns like bootlegs on the first play of a series? 

If so then yes. With this staff no one knows. They already found this formula on a single drive against Houston to score their lone TD then completely abandoned it until today.  Dak is a completely different QB and the OL is a lot better when plays are designed to make defenses: 1) spread out, 2) second guess different action and motions causing hesitation. 

Yep, went back to same old bullshit. Was exacerbated by their idiotic decision to have Conner at guard instead of the stronger and bigger Collins and for some crazy reason they left Conner on an island today to get worked like a low rent Houston hooker. That performance was so bad it's the kind that kills confidence in a rookie. 

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Cowardice starts at the top...…

Spot on.

That was one odd sequence of plays with time left on the clock. We were basically playing for the long field goal. I suppose it makes sense to The Clapper.

Sigh. Can you believe that JV hack is our second-longest serving coach? 

I saw the pic, but it's low hanging fruit.  If you watch the video, Dak has to slide in the pocket early because Connor is late picking up a blitz.  He gets his feet under him but the play's primary read is to the right, but the WR is having a hard time getting open.  He then is looking for his outlet in Beasley and Collins' guy comes at him like a bat out of hell (who's not in frame conveniently).  Dak's mistake is not getting rid of the ball and protecting field position.  At worst, run up and take the sack.  But he tries to make a stupid play and gives up a TD.  He made a bad mistake, but overall, he played pretty well and certainly was tough.  This loss is about Garrett....

And....

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

I saw the pic, but it's low hanging fruit.  If you watch the video, Dak has to slide in the pocket early because Connor is late picking up a blitz.  He gets his feet under him but the play's primary read is to the right, but the WR is having a hard time getting open.  He then is looking for his outlet in Beasley and Collins guys comes at him like a bat out of hell.  Dak's mistake is not getting rid of the ball and protecting field position.  At worst, take run up and take the sack.  But he tries to make a stupid play and gives up a TD.  He made a bad mistake, but overall, he played pretty well and certainly was tough.  This loss is about Garrett....

And....

They stayed an extra day in NYC to go to the Black History Museum today. Could just be a change in schedule.

7 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

They stayed an extra day in NYC to go to the Black History Museum today. Could just be a change in schedule.

That's what I was thinking too..... Although it's a radio spot, so I bet if they won, Jerry would have made time for it and called in.  He loves to hear himself talk.

I'd take this with a big grain of salt though.... No idea how good his "sauces" are....

Edited by Patrick Bateman