Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

Teams want to get their hires made and not be left with limited options with so much at stake. If the Cowboys had lost last week there's a decent chance Richard would be leaving for another job. One of the other benefits of winning a playoff game...besides winning a playoff game. Win some more.

The only negative is that it could make replacing Linehan more difficult. Maybe Monken will hold out a while longer. Hopefully Jerry has some feelers out to him.

13 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Fucking Jerrah..... Here's where I'll give Red a little credit.  Managing Jerrah.  Told him no.

I'm glad we're at a point now where all the stuff he says is just fluff, and the actual Coaches and other Decision makers don't just do what he wants.

49 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Old as fuck but still going. I doubt he has a move to another team in him. Hope Richards gets the gig and Rod sticks around to keep defensive momentum going.

He's one of the greatest DL coaches ever.  Those guys trust him and play their asses off for him.  When he's gone we are going to be the lesser for it.

On 1/10/2019 at 3:37 PM, Junior Miller said:

This game looks 50-50 to me.

Rams have given up 5.3 ypc, Goff averages only 220 yds passing a game, and their ppg have dropped almost 10 a game in last 6 weeks. 

On the other side Cowboys defense is bottom 3 in the league in sacks and turnovers forced on the road and their offense only averages 17 ppg on road. 

Who knows what happens, although if it's a +-7 pt margin going into the 4th I'm betting on Dak over Goff. 

So far the Cowboys road negatives have all shown up. Getting virtually no pressure, forcing zero turnovers, and only scored 7 pts in the first half. 

Conversely Cowboys haven't been able to run and Rams have run the ball down their fucking throats at a pace not seen by a Cowboys defense in almost 20 years. 

If this defense doesn't completely turn this around and shut them down this game is over. 

If there arent some firings of offensive staff coming soon, I dont know that I'll be able to follow this team next year.

Holy shit 

Defense cant stay on the field 75% of the game due to inept offensive scheme and expect them to play 100%. I know there was a lot more wrong with this team tonight (Dak not running for first down and overthrowing Coop, run up the middle on 4th/1 just to start) 

Edited by SurlyBDR

1 minute ago, SurlyBDR said:

If there arent some firings of offensive staff coming soon, I dont know that I'll be able to follow this team next year.

Holy shit 

They fired everyone after last season except Linehan and RB coach. Changing the deck chairs won't do shit. 

Worst outcome this season could have had. Cantget any further than Romo years and Garrett guaranteed to be around for years

To be clear, by some firings, I mean Linehan 1st and Kellen Moore 2nd. I dont know who to bring in, there are plenty of people that get paid to analyze that shit but in my stupid and uninformed opinion... they have to bring in someone else with a different philosophy and scheme. 

I'm trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about now, so I'm gonna sign off for the night 

33 minutes ago, Hate said:

I just want to say fuck Garrett and fuck Linehan for that stupid ducking call on 4th and one. That was the ballgame and they ducking blew it. FUCK YOU BOTH!!!

Seen that exact play earlier. But when the Rams need a 1st? McVay has something in his back pocket for our asses. Garrett is to busy clapping to even have a free hand to search his pockets.