1-5

Bob Lives!

14 minutes ago, MOODY said:

Look, I get it because I don't think this team is ready for prime time.  The bulletin board material is all over this forum, we will win against Tulsa with little to no effort.  Look at the game predictions.

I just don't know about this team, don't see the confidence on the field.  We will probably blow them out and we should but this attitude of we just take the field and win, nope not going to happen.  It used to but not anymore.  College football is just getting more competitive.  

I am just as guilty as the next thinking we will mop the floor with everyone because we are Texas.  Maryland this year slapped me and I woke up, thought we would pummel those guys in a 50 to something route for revenge.  

When have we ever gotten revenge on someone?  Even in the good Mack days, we never played someone that beat us the year before with any type of extra emotion.

The best hope for that stretch is 3-3 and that'll take a miracle. Tulsa sucks, USC was shaky in their debut and anything can happen at the Cotton Bowl. Texas has played much better against OU as underdogs in recent years. Manhattan has been an absolute bane and any one here thinking KSU will be easy to beat in Manhattan is heavily deluded by some good drugs. TCU is tough as hell and they've owned Texas in recent years to the tune of 153-33 over the last 4 meetings. That is a straight up prison style anal rape with no lube. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yep.  Tulsa only had 2 wins last year, but they did beat the crap out of Houston and played USF close.  They also lost to OK state 59-24.  We lost to OK state 13-10.  No surprise Tulsa's offense outplayed ours against a common defense.  No idea what they bring back or whats new for them, but they are capable of beating us.  

If we do lose to Tulsa, Herman should have to go back to OK on their team bus with them.

Could easily start this season 0-6.  I think we start 0-5 and then upset OU though.

Pretty calm and even take.  1-5 with the one win being the team that looked most unbeatable on Saturday.  Maybe take a day off there chief.

Tulsa, USC, and K State will be wins.  And I think we steal one of OU and TCU.  We are clearly better than last year.  Just need to unfuck a couple of decisions and playcalls.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

When have we ever gotten revenge on someone?  Even in the good Mack days, we never played someone that beat us the year before with any type of extra emotion.

That is the problem,  is it entitlement?  Something is wrong.

Maryland is likely the third-worst team on the schedule when it comes to overall talent (Kansas and Tulsa being below them). K-State and Maryland might be similar but Texas lost to a team in chaos without a coach in as friendly a road venue as you’ll find so I seriously doubt they can beat Purple Wizard in a true road game. 

USC on the road might be a toss up. If Texas starts off well (lol) that’s a ton of pressure on a young team on the road. 

I’s put money on 2-4 if i wasn’t  a reformed gambling addict. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2018 at 4:17 PM, babysdaddy said:

Pretty calm and even take.  1-5 with the one win being the team that looked most unbeatable on Saturday.  Maybe take a day off there chief.

Tulsa, USC, and K State will be wins.  And I think we steal one of OU and TCU.  We are clearly better than last year.  Just need to unfuck a couple of decisions and playcalls.  

Damn pessimist. Can't believe you thought we could only steal one of 2 from the cockroaches and land thieves. Guess you could still be correct, but let's hope for the best. Ok, update your final record. You're looking like a freaking genius so far, congrats!

• Like 1

I will gladly eat crow as I thought as well

1-5 or 2-4 was likely. I was at that Maryland game and after watching that debacle (after starting last season same way) I was disgusted. 

I’m thrilled they’re 3-1, I’ll be at Cotton Bowl rooting for OUs demise but after Maryland the Horns’ prospects looked very bleak to me. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 9:20 PM, Bob Lives! said:

@Maryland - L

Tulsa - W

USC - L

TCU - L

@KSU - L

OU -L

I really hope I’m wrong but 1-5 looks like the likely start to the first half of this season. Does our recruiting class hold up to that? Does Herman hold up to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This aged as well as spoiled milk... (have more faith in the process)...

Weird factoid of the week:  In its preseason game-by-game prediction, the DMN had Texas as 3-1 at this point, with a loss to Maryland and wins over Tulsa, USC, and TCU.   http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/06/23/turning-corner-game-game-predictions-longhorns-2018-season

FWIW, they predicted a win over KS and a loss to OU.  

1 hour ago, Horndog said:

Weird factoid of the week:  In its preseason game-by-game prediction, the DMN had Texas as 3-1 at this point, with a loss to Maryland and wins over Tulsa, USC, and TCU.   http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/06/23/turning-corner-game-game-predictions-longhorns-2018-season

FWIW, they predicted a win over KS and a loss to OU.  

That's a pretty impressive prediction.  3-1 maybe, but the one loss to Maryland, pretty bold.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 9:20 PM, Bob Lives! said:

@Maryland - L

Tulsa - W

USC - L

TCU - L

@KSU - L

OU -L

I really hope I’m wrong but 1-5 looks like the likely start to the first half of this season. Does our recruiting class hold up to that? Does Herman hold up to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this post aged as well as milk in the sun.

• 2 months later...