Bob Lives!

19 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

@Maryland - L

Tulsa - W

USC - L

TCU - L

@KSU - L

OU -L

I really hope I’m wrong but 1-5 looks like the likely start to the first half of this season. Does our recruiting class hold up to that? Does Herman hold up to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know why everyone is giving Texas an auto win against Tulsa.  That kind of crap is bulletin board material for those guys.

Remember Kansas and Strong?  Never happen right?  Some of you are just to stuck up on " We're Texas" and we will win.  Not so much now days.

• Fuck You 14

27 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

@Maryland - L

Tulsa - W

USC - L

TCU - L

@KSU - L

OU -L

I really hope I’m wrong but 1-5 looks like the likely start to the first half of this season. Does our recruiting class hold up to that? Does Herman hold up to that?

It gets even more interesting after Dallas. We still have OSU, West Virginia, Iowa State, and Tech in Lubbock.

• Like 1

The magnitude of some of the losses ahead should be interesting. There are multiple teams that are very sharp offensively like USC, OU, WV, Ok State, and TCU that could quickly turn into blowouts given our tendency to go 3 and out and give up big plays on defense. 

Edited by 6th Street
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Don't know why everyone is giving Texas an auto win against Tulsa.  That kind of crap is bulletin board material for those guys.
Remember Kansas and Strong?  Never happen right?  Some of you are just to stuck up on " We're Texas" and we will win.  Not so much now days.
Link to the bulletin board material? Please dont say its message board links to here.

South Dakota was an FCS Playoff team last year so it isn't like they are total garbage. As has been demonstrated time and time again, on the field, top FCS teams are just as good as decent G5 and low level P5 squads. I wouldn't read too much into K State struggling with them, especially as it relates to the matchup with Texas.

KSU torched Texas with Delton on the ground last year in a similar fashion to what Maryland had done a few weeks before. In case y'all all just blacked out on Saturday, those issues are alive and well on the defensive side of the ball. KSU will be a much better prepared and coached team, and Texas under Herman continues to snatch defeat fro the jaws of victory. Dismissing KSU is silly. It is probably going to be a relatively close game. You trust this group and this staff in a close game, on the road, against a vastly better prepared/coached and more disciplined opponent? One that also happens to employ a scheme that has proven to be an Achilles heel of sorts for Orlando? One that will almost certainly be an underdog? Can anyone say yes to that question with a straight face?

Silver lining, assuming Texas does lose @KSU, the loss will make for an... interesting storyline in 2020: Freshmen on that roster will not have seen a Texas win in Manhattan in their entire life.

18 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

South Dakota was an FCS Playoff team last year so it isn't like they are total garbage. As has been demonstrated time and time again, on the field, top FCS teams are just as good as decent G5 and low level P5 squads. I wouldn't read too much into K State struggling with them, especially as it relates to the matchup with Texas.

KSU torched Texas with Delton on the ground last year in a similar fashion to what Maryland had done a few weeks before. In case y'all all just blacked out on Saturday, those issues are alive and well on the defensive side of the ball. KSU will be a much better prepared and coached team, and Texas under Herman continues to snatch defeat fro the jaws of victory. Dismissing KSU is silly. It is probably going to be a relatively close game. You trust this group and this staff in a close game, on the road, against a vastly better prepared/coached and more disciplined opponent? One that also happens to employ a scheme that has proven to be an Achilles heel of sorts for Orlando? One that will almost certainly be an underdog? Can anyone say yes to that question with a straight face?

Silver lining, assuming Texas does lose @KSU, the loss will make for an... interesting storyline in 2020: Freshmen on that roster will not have seen a Texas win in Manhattan in their entire life.

I don't think anyone is dismissing KSU at all.  Just saying that they are beatable, which is very different than our chances against OU, TCU, and USC.  I'd like to think KSU is a 50/50 but I'm not sure I like out odds that much.

This is going a little crazy. This season Im sure will be a lot like last season. We jerk off and wind up with a bad loss to a shit Maryland but then come a stupid Ehlinger fumble away from beating USC with Darnold on the road. We come one blown coverage away from beating OU with Mayfield. We come one stupid Ehlinger interception away from beating OSU with senior QB Rudolph. 

All those teams are probably worse this year and I'm sure we'll find a way to have a shot to win those games and others.

Now do Ehlinger and Mensa dumb fuck away those games? Probably some of them. 

14 hours ago, rickyspub said:

mulletpellini's 3-3 forecast for us now seems like a best-case scenario...

I'd say 4-2 is still possible, hell UT just knocked off OU a few years ago as a huge underdog, USC & TCU are both replacing quarterbacks, the Wizard is still in Manhattan tho...

16 hours ago, markstanco said:
17 hours ago, MOODY said:

Link to the bulletin board material? Please dont say its message board links to here.

Look, I get it because I don't think this team is ready for prime time.  The bulletin board material is all over this forum, we will win against Tulsa with little to no effort.  Look at the game predictions.

I just don't know about this team, don't see the confidence on the field.  We will probably blow them out and we should but this attitude of we just take the field and win, nope not going to happen.  It used to but not anymore.  College football is just getting more competitive.  

I am just as guilty as the next thinking we will mop the floor with everyone because we are Texas.  Maryland this year slapped me and I woke up, thought we would pummel those guys in a 50 to something route for revenge.  

18 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

@Maryland - L

Tulsa - W

USC - L

TCU - L

@KSU - L

OU -L

I immensely dislike you in the same way that I immensely dislike the people who tell me that I'm going to die sooner than I should because I smoke too much, drink too much, and eat too much red meat. Basically, I hate you because I really, really want you to be wrong, but even if you're wrong about part of it, you're still probably mostly right.

At least I'm enjoying the hell out of all the smoking, drinking, and eating.

Edit: I will say that I think the class holds up just fine. Recruits tend not to pay as much attention to this as fans do. At least, most of them do.

Edited by campcrunk

18 hours ago, MOODY said:

Yep.  Tulsa only had 2 wins last year, but they did beat the crap out of Houston and played USF close.  They also lost to OK state 59-24.  We lost to OK state 13-10.  No surprise Tulsa's offense outplayed ours against a common defense.  No idea what they bring back or whats new for them, but they are capable of beating us.  

If we do lose to Tulsa, Herman should have to go back to OK on their team bus with them.

Could easily start this season 0-6.  I think we start 0-5 and then upset OU though.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 2