Game 2: Texas vs. Tulsa game thread

Pancho

I left the house after Ingram scored the TD. They looked good on that drive, what the fuck happened? I thought I'd go out on my date, have a couple margaritas and come back to a 42-10 Texas win or something. Damn, perhaps I really should start doing other things with my Saturdays...I would have been hand wringing like a mutherfucker tonight TF. 

4 minutes ago, Hornstrader said:

i did not get to pay close attention to team news this past week but how was Gary Johnson eligible to play in the 1st half after being ejected for targeting in the 1st half last week?

since it happened in the first half, he's only out for the rest of that game.  Second half and it rolls over to the next game.

9 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

Mensa never had the locker room

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

the players cried their asses off when charlie got fired.  not a tear will be shed when herman gets fired.  someone on here said it months ago.  we got charlie part 2 but without the likeability.  

watson got charlie fired. watson dug  hole too big to climb out of.  charlie was also incapable of climbing out of it anyway.

beck and herman's entire coaching staff will get herman fired.  what a fucking shitty fucking staff.

8 minutes ago, Slade said:

I left the house after Ingram scored the TD. They looked good on that drive, what the fuck happened? I thought I'd go out on my date, have a couple margaritas and come back to a 42-10 Texas win or something. Damn, perhaps I really should start doing other things with my Saturdays...I would have been hand wringing like a mutherfucker tonight TF. 

It was piss. 

6 minutes ago, Slade said:

A carry over from last years offense scoring around 27-28 points per game. Looks like this year’s O is good for 28 or 29 points per game. 

7 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

If we lose to Kansas again this whole board will implode

after today I would say it is actually possible. we are dogshit.  4 wins tops.  its crazy that we are here.  CDC needs to get his shit together asap because it will be his call if he doesn't fire this fraud after this year.  This year is on Herman.  next year is on CDC.

4 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

They need to figure out how to attack this “unique” defense because it’s the second week in a row we’ve see a team rush 3 and drop 8 and it’s been pretty effective both games. I’m sure usc, tcu, et al now have a blue print to make our offense impotent 

There isn't a single external influence that would cause the Texas Offense to be as impotent as Tim Beck.

5 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

He keeps blaming the players for “pressing” and “trying too hard”

4 hours ago, HornPhD said:

"Our team is made up of a bunch of snowflakes" is not the message to be sending

He was like that at UH, but everybody ignored it, even after he started losing to teams like Navy and SMU. After the Navy loss, he was interviewed on Houston sports radio and basically said "Well, they are an option team, and our starting LBs were out, and our backups kinda blow, so there was no way I could win trotting out that garbage." At the time nobody thought there was a whiff of stank on him, so it was just passed over. (Also because Houston sportsradio is fucking terrible.) I remember being astonished hearing a coach talk about his players that way, and yet the drumbeat for us to hire his ass just kept getting louder and louder, even after he lost to SMU, a program he actually had taunted earlier in the year.

What coach does that? And what coach taunts opposing players, even if they are giant douches like the Mizzu QB? 

I guess more importantly, what coach does that and then fails miserably to back up his shit-talk?

• Like 1

With the amount of experience in the two deep, I was expecting we could at least dead cat bounce our way to 8-4 this season. This team is just awful though, and looks horribly coached. There’s no reason why our WRs can’t block to save their lives and our QB struggles to execute a handoff. 

13 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Your fingers broke?

It’s just that I’m incredibly lazy.

if you recall, the pillar of a Tom Herman program, according to him, would be mental and physical toughness. I’d love for him to talk about that, within the context of him being hard on them at halftime and them completely wilting because of it. 

His quote after the game about “having to remember that about these players” (in terms of them not responding to him being hard on them) was shocking. Tom, are you at all aware these players won’t play hard for you?

• Like 1

With the amount of experience in the two deep, I was expecting we could at least dead cat bounce our way to 8-4 this season. This team is just awful though, and looks horribly coached. There’s no reason why our WRs can’t block to save their lives and our QB struggles to execute a handoff. 

There is a reason...it's called shitty coaching.

4 hours ago, phdhorn said:

This team plays offense like it has collective elephantitis of the balls. And they play defense like 11 Rain Mans.

But the band still kicks ass!

So you’re saying Texas won halftime?

You know after the game I ran into a couple from Tulsa who told me that Texas fans were the best fans anywhere!  They had come early for the game and everyone was so friendly and when they couldn’t find the stadium they asked 5 or 6 different fans who all helped point them in the right direction.   They are something like a 12th generation Tulsa family but they said they would love for their kids to go to Texas because everyone there is so great!

• Like 3