USC v. Texas Discussion - Let It Begin

Wally Pryor

8 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Ummm...did you even watch the shit you just posted?  Less than half of it was Tre Watson running the ball, and when he did, it was nothing to write home about.  That video made my point.

You go ahead and believe the Tre Watson we have, post-knee surgery, has that same burst.

Watson is a JAG.  And just because he's the best running back in our shitty RB room doesn't mean he has the ability to shake USC.

Agree - Tre Watson is slow and has fumble problems. Clearly has lost a a few steps after that ACL injury 

It would not at all surprise me to see Texas beat usc but at the same time if we lost by 20 or more that would not surprise me either.   I actually have no clue what to expect from this team.

in regard to Trey Watson I think he has looked fine we will miss Ingram but Watson is a good back.  I just. wonder what happened to the wheel route to the back we were using in the bowl game. Watson and Young need these plays to open things up that play was so effective in the bowl game. 

I'm going this weekend.  For what I have spent, I'm looking forward to a competitive game, even if it is between two uncompetitive teams.  I'll yell for the horns and cheer if they play well. 

Doesn't mean I'm happy with where we are.  But it's college football season and this always has been my team.

• Like 1

I have no fucking clue how this game will go. I’d love to be able to talk shit, but USC has not shown me a damn thing offensively. We have the same damn problem y’all have, a shit-for-brains “offensive coordinator” who continues to have a job for some unknown reason. Tee Martin is allegedly a recruiting god which is why they keep him around. USC has ZERO offensive identity, and hasn’t since he took the reins. They were running the ball on ‘furd so what does shithead do? Throw the ball 3 times in a row (the same route to add insult to injury).  Martin is also the receivers coach, and other than the one standout receiver a year, the rest couldn’t catch an STD in Tijuana. The defense held the Indians to 17 points, so that gives me hope.  This game will rest on which OC has their head the least up their ass... it could be an ass-whipping either way, or it could be a shitshow with one team squeaking it out (sadly my money is on the latter).

Good luck Saturday. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, USC_TMB said:

Nah, not the first time, but quite a while it was used properly. In California they think it’s spelled Haas 

You coming to the game, hoss?  I'll buy you a beer and kick you in the balls. ;)

/just kidding, sort of

//and change your name to usc_hoss

Edited by dcbc
  • Haha 1

Kirk Johnson is going to carry one time for 178 yards and three touchdowns.  He will reinvent how football is played and will be awarded the Heisman on Sunday but will injure himself by choking on a slice of mensa pizza this ending his life. 

Leonardo DiCaprio will win the oscar for his role as Kirk. Best supporting actress will be Hillary swank as coach Herman. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

You coming to the game, hoss?  I'll buy you a beer and kick you in the balls. ;)

/just kidding, sort of

//and change your name to usc_hoss

No such luck on making the game, have a beer or 5 for me. If the game goes bad, watching it will be a virtual kick in the balls so there you go.

well shit, usc_hoss would have been a better username since our mascot is Traveler *doh*

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Born Burnt said:

Gottammit! I can't find a single thread around here anymore that doesn't evoke rage.

tumblr_oxooiox0gh1saw731o2_540.gif

Well, on the bright side, for as rough as the start of the season has been for Texas & USC, both schools have to be the most capable of turning fortunes around...

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Please never post anything Cowherd or Skip Bayliss says. They are simply shock jocks who throw out shock value to get ratings.

lol just thought it was funny listening to Cowdog try to argue that Texas isn't a football school because Austin makes him think about music. The dude admits he just sits around his house and doesn't do anything, probably why his wife left him. He has USC and any other Cali team dicks so far down his throat he said Michigan doesn't make him think about football.

Klatt was like what the fuck are you talking about bro.

I think that because of a lack of creativity in the play calling, Sam will be forced to run the ball far more than anyone wants. He will get beat up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Buechele in there by the fourth quarter. Wouldn't be surprised to see the change in QBs allows us to come  close to pulling one out in the last minute, but fall just short. Would be surprised if we win. Really surprised if we win by more than four points.

Hope I'm wrong. Hope something miraculous happens on the defensive side of the ball, but just can't see the offense showing enough consistency to generate many points - even off turnovers. Our only hope is a defense that can score points and maybe a kicker who can hit four or five FGs.

I actually enjoy a fair amount of what cowherd has to say. You have to learn how to ignore his stupid ass shock value like the example above, and get past the annoying way he repeats himself over and over and other irritating aspects of his delivery to get to the meat.

But if you can, he actually does have some solid views.

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Are we taking that pizza claim from the Maryland game as fact now? Is this going to become the new “Herman tells everyone he’s in Mensa” bullshit?

He doesn't have to tell anyone anymore, he had Mensa embroidered on the pocket of all his shirts. 

We have to win period, but if we are actually going to have a chance in the B12, we have to win convincingly.  

Yes, I’ve seen the same 2 games all of you have, but I’m holding on to hope that everything clicks and we become the 9-win team that mostly everyone expected before the Maryland kickoff.  I mean, how could we possibly get this much worse???  Basically we just lost Poona and Dickson from the bowl game in which we beat a lot better team than Tulsa, this USC and probably even Maryland.

Our complete suckage makes no sense....

• Like 1

the first wave is already in downtown Austin.  But their first wave is not their strongest wave.  Lots of grandparents and the like, nice folks.  I can only assume the trim train gets here tomorrow afternoon.  

On 9/11/2018 at 7:51 PM, ousux said:

I'm actually tempted, the original reason I didn't get tix isn't a thing any more, but..

don't know if I should do it to myself. Still going to Dallas in October no matter what, already girding my loins for that..

Now down to $60 .

https://www.stubhub.com/texas-longhorns-football-tickets-texas-longhorns-football-austin-darrell-k-royal-texas-memorial-stadium-9-15-2018/event/103346466/?sort=price+asc

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

We have to win period, but if we are actually going to have a chance in the B12, we have to win convincingly.  

I don't know that I agree with this. Any win will be a big win. There isn't a school in the country that would be disappointed with beating USC in a close game. 

2 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Our complete suckage makes no sense....

Hold on there sport. I don't know where you've been, but winning is hard. Just ask the head football coach at the University of Texas, He'll tell you straight up, "winning is hard". He comes from a branch of the Mack Brown coaching tree, and Mack will tell you that tree "scares him to death".