Super Bowl LIII- call it now

Goo Punch

3 hours ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

Chiefs. 

Loyal to my soil. 

Didn't know we had so many KC fans on here.  My team for life, shit I'm old enough to remember watching SB IV and loving every minute of Joe Kapp getting demolished by the Chiefs D.  Had moved to Houston about a year before, I was such a dick in elementary school the day after that game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quagmire said:

He was a game away last year

Cool? He needed a miracle to even get out of that Saints game. And was blown out bad in the NFC title game. So while he was one game away, he was not even close. Once he gets rattled, he crawls into a hole.

He was also on a much better team last year than this Broncos team.

47 minutes ago, Monty86 said:

Didn't know we had so many KC fans on here.  My team for life, shit I'm old enough to remember watching SB IV and loving every minute of Joe Kapp getting demolished by the Chiefs D.  Had moved to Houston about a year before, I was such a dick in elementary school the day after that game.

You got more on me. But my earliest memories are when the Chiefs had the Nigerian Nightmare, Deron Cherry, Albert Lewis, Stephone Paige, Dino Hackett and that giant neck role.

93 AFC championship game still burns, fml.

3 hours ago, Wishbone said:

AFC Champ vs NFC Champ

You might be on to something... (I'll add, players that score the most after the game, will not determine the outcome)... It's all about who yells "We're going to Disney World"..!

'I'm going to Disney World!': History of the iconic phrase at the Super ...

Feb 4, 2016 - ... to appear in one of the iconic 'I'm Going to Disney World!' commercials. ... Rutan responded, without hesitation, 'I'm going to Disneyland' And ... John Elway and Phil Simms were both approached by Disney about the deal: ... Colin explains why Sunday was a 'really, really, really bad day' for Le'Veon Bell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 4:18 PM, SA-KC_Horn said:

You got more on me. But my earliest memories are when the Chiefs had the Nigerian Nightmare, Deron Cherry, Albert Lewis, Stephone Paige, Dino Hackett and that giant neck role.

93 AFC championship game still burns, fml.

Was that Christian Okoye? The guy no one wanted to stand next to during the NFL combine? 

42 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Rams/Chargers - city of Angels couldn’t care less. 

NFL thinks it's smarter than collective wants of fans, who overwhelmingly support a flailing Raiders brand about 9 to 1, over the relocated Chargers, this happens... #LARaiders...

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go with Saints/Pats at this point. 

I would not pick Mahomes to go into NE and beat Brady in January. Would not pick Goff to beat the Saints on the road, either. I would not sleep on Pitt either if I was KC. They shredded their defense if I remember in week 2. That could be a divisional round matchup and we all know about Reid and KC in the playoffs.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Good call on steelers

Before the Antonio Brown drama emerged, I strongly felt even in the late stages of the season that the Steelers were a team that could make a run if they could sneak into the playoffs. I don't think it was a terrible prediction.

absolutely. that offense can be unreal when it's clicking. and the final four teams happen to be the top 4 offenses in the NFL- not a coincidence. Pittsburgh has one of those unreal offenses, but all their drama really did them in. One of the best, or at least most talented teams to not make the playoffs in recent memory. 

A couple of stats the local sports talk station in Kansas City just threw out.  

1.  Throughout Belichek's entire career with the Patriots opposing teams have put 40 points on his defenses seven times.  Chiefs teams coached by Andy Reid have done it three times. Under Andy Reid the Chiefs have played the Patriots a total of four times.

2.  Chiefs are currently favored by three.  If the line holds it will break a streak of 67 straight games that Brady quarterbacked Patriots teams have been favored by Vegas including playoff games.

• Like 1

A couple of stats the local sports talk station in Kansas City just threw out.  
1.  Throughout Belichek's entire career with the Patriots opposing teams have put 40 points on his defenses seven times.  Chiefs teams coached by Andy Reid have done it three times. Under Andy Reid the Chiefs have played the Patriots a total of four times.
2.  Chiefs are currently favored by three.  If the line holds it will break a streak of 67 straight games that Brady quarterbacked Patriots teams have been favored by Vegas including playoff games.
Wow..that vegas stat is insane