How to properly tackle a QB in 2018

Goo Punch

I mean, pretty much, right? I watched a dude get flagged in the Dallas-Seattle game for hitting Russell Wilson AS HE WAS THROWING THE BALL. As in, the ball was still in Wilson's hand as he got hit, and they threw a flag for roughing the passer.

Fuck the NFL so fucking hard. Garbage ass fucking league for so many reasons.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I mean, pretty much, right? I watched a dude get flagged in the Dallas-Seattle game for hitting Russell Wilson AS HE WAS THROWING THE BALL. As in, the ball was still in Wilson's hand as he got hit, and they threw a flag for roughing the passer.

Yeah, in 20 years, we will all be either watching MLS being played in former NFL stadiums, or have an official "Flag Football Pro League"...

39 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Sounds like Clay Matthews last week.

But it was topped yesterday when he was flagged for roughing the passer on a SACK. Smith didn’t even get rid of the ball, he didn’t make contact to his head or neck, he didn’t lead with his head, he didn’t hit low. But he put too much weight on him when the went down.

25 minutes ago, PatrickMcHorn said:
34 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:
Is a satellite dish in the middle of the yard common practice? 

Many apartments have rules prohibiting installation on the building.

ahh makes sense. I usually see them attached to the balcony or right next to the "porch" area not by the street like a mailbox

16 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Sounds like Clay Matthews last week.

But it was topped yesterday when he was flagged for roughing the passer on a SACK. Smith didn’t even get rid of the ball, he didn’t make contact to his head or neck, he didn’t lead with his head, he didn’t hit low. But he put too much weight on him when the went down.

5 players stack up a ball carrier and fall on him, that’s fine. One guy lands on qb and it’s unacceptable. 

22 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, I will argue with anyone who cries about the targeting rules because I think it's absolutely the right way to go (with room for debate on the consequences for breaking it), but the rules on QB hits in the NFL are simply absurd.

I agree with this. I just wonder if the rules are ever going to be applied both ways - offensive players lead with the crown and target defenseless players (crackback block). Also, hits on running backs are allowed, yet a receiver catches the ball and runs 5 yards with it and he can't be hit. It's probably tough to call the targeting 100% perfect, but I agree if the consequences were changed then the fuck-ups wouldn't be so bad.

ahh makes sense. I usually see them attached to the balcony or right next to the "porch" area not by the street like a mailbox
Apartments (most) stopped allowing that after their insurance companies declared it a fire hazard because they believed the dishes acted like a lightning rod.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, I will argue with anyone who cries about the targeting rules because I think it's absolutely the right way to go (with room for debate on the consequences for breaking it), but the rules on QB hits in the NFL are simply absurd.

The targeting rules are at least about all player's brain viability.  This rule is 100% about not having a shitty backup QB matchup that hurts ratings.  The league doesn't care how you tackle anybody else as long as the head is out of play.

12 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

I think they should just turn all football around.  Make everyone line up ass facing ass, and only allow ass tackling, ass blocking, and everyone needs to run backwards while sticking their asses out, and any non ass contact is a flag.

So long as they swap all the men out for women, I 100% support this modification to the rules.

• Like 1