Official Surly - Texas vs Baylor Game Thread

Vertigo

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I couldn't sit for that last series. Gotta win some like this one. No fucking holding calls. Shittiest refs ever. Sam out, Shane rustier than a tractor that has sat in the barn for twenty years

AND WE STILL FUCKING WON THIS SUMBITCH

Shane isn’t just rusty. He has always been very mediocre with no enthusiasm

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah my confidence in him has taken a dive. Make any of those 2 misses and we don't have to sweat it out. Those kicks looked way off and flat.

The kid is a true freshman and has won two huge games for us. But he is a freshman. 

Final Score:

W 23-17

First Downs:
Texas – 25
BU – 19

Third Down Conversions
Texas – 9-18
BU – 8-17

Total Yards:
Texas - 389
BU - 328

Passing:
Texas – 24-39, 219 yds, 1TD/1Int *(Buechele 20-134, 184 yards, 1/1)
BU - 20-40, 275 yards, 1/1

Rushing:
Texas - 41-170, 4.1 ypc, 1TD
BU - 33-83, 2.5 ypc, 1TD

Texas – 32:09
BU – 27:51

Turnovers:
Texas: 1
BU: 1

Penalties:
Texas – 8-56
BU – 10-142

Just now, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

I think if Sam’s gonna be out for an extended time it’s time to give Cam Rising a live look and see how he responds when the bullets are live. 

I don't know. We've fucked up so many QBs by putting them in without a redshirt. I'd rather sacrifice the season and get ready for next year.

Split first team reps between Cam and Shane the next 2 weeks if Sam can’t go.
You start with Shane no question, IMO, but Rising (or Thompson if you think he's better - the limited info I've seen says Rising is ahead) does need reps, including some with the first team. Maybe even a package of plays.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

Herman plays it way to safe with a lead  and doesn’t have a clue how to call a offense without a running qb.....

It's Herman's fault the QB he inherited can't pass when called upon. That's rich.

His biggest mistake today was not going to Cameron Rising in the 2nd half. Buechele has no future here, and it's finally clear as day now.

3 minutes ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

I think if Sam’s gonna be out for an extended time it’s time to give Cam Rising a live look and see how he responds when the bullets are live. 

It’s live bitches. 

Lol, it’s taken Herman almost 7 games to give Ingram 20 carries and you think he’s gonna trot rising out? 

10 minutes ago, Dixie Normous said:

Shane is garbage and has been a shit stain on the program from day 1.

Shame is rusty

game plan was not built around Shane’s strenghts

the game was won with Shane under center

shut the fuck up.

Edited by TexasTroll
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Shane didn't play great, but he did enough to win.  Especially considering 2 missed FGs.   He did his job today. 

Yeah we won, and he was a part of it.

Can't talk bad about him, but he showed his limitations as well. The whole thing really showed how important Sam is for our offense.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah my confidence in him has taken a dive. Make any of those 2 misses and we don't have to sweat it out. Those kicks looked way off and flat.

You guys are rookies. Watchespn app has the postgame. You can have it running in a small window while F5ing Surly. Profit.

Just now, Tired of Lurking said:

It's Herman's fault the QB he inherited can't pass when called upon. That's rich.

His biggest mistake today was not going to Cameron Rising in the 2nd half. Buechele has no future here, and it's finally clear as day now.

Lol. That was some dumb shit play calling. Baylor has the worse run defense we have faced and we passed 34 times. It wasn’t the abundance of pass plays it was starting Shane off throwing 6 of 10 fucking hail Mary’s. I realize you hate shave but the play calling was shittastic all day after sam went down.