Matt Campbell to USC?

alphahorn

Where does Matt Campbell coach next year?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Matt Campbell coach next year?

• Iowa State
    • USC
    • Ohio State
    • None of the above

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think he waits for one of the big Midwestern jobs to open up.

This. I don't think he goes anywhere unless it's Ohio State or another Blue Blood in the midwest. But as of right now Ohio State would be the job that most likely would open up. 

1 minute ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Purdue if Brohm is stupid enough to go to his alma mater?

Not a chance. 

Purdue is the Iowa State of the Big Ten. I don't think he leaves Iowa State to take that job. 

12 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

This. I don't think he goes anywhere unless it's Ohio State or another Blue Blood in the midwest. But as of right now Ohio State would be the job that most likely would open up. 

Not a chance. 

Purdue is the Iowa State of the Big Ten. I don't think he leaves Iowa State to take that job. 

Purdue when they're good (not often, granted) gets a hell of a lot more press than Iowa State.  An 8-4 Purdue would get Michigan State-level pub.  Iowa St would have to go 10-2 or 11-1 to see that.  Joe Tiller had Purdue regularly drawing Virginia Tech/Oregon-level press.  It's just been a while.

It's not a final destination but it sets him up better when one of the big guns reloads.

Are they paying him at Iowa State?  If so, he stays put until a big time program comes calling.  No Purdue like stepping stones are required these days.  Big time programs are offering HC jobs to guys at Louisville and Houston level programs these days, or so I am told.

If they aren't paying him, they will be soon.

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Are they paying him at Iowa State?  If so, he stays put until a big time program comes calling.  No Purdue like stepping stones are required these days.  Big time programs are offering HC jobs to guys at Louisville and Houston level programs these days, or so I am told.

If they aren't paying him, they will be soon.

Were paying him, and will pay him more if he wants it

6 minutes ago, bluto said:

USC should get Wilcox from Cal, dude has cal playing great D... yes, cal playing great D

THey went from a top offense in the country but no defense to the best defense on the conference in 2 years with essentially the same players. Wilcox has done a great job. He should be getting some interest at other big time jobs 

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

Campbell and Ohio State have a very secret love affair going. Both are waiting for old man urban to finally kick the can. Campbell will just move on to something new in the meantime if Ohio State keeps him waiting. It’s like a movie or something

I would actually rank it as of now for Campbell:

1-a - tOSU
1-b - USC

5 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

I would actually rank it as of now for Campbell:

1-a - tOSU
1-b - USC

I don't see sc going after Campbell, they should. I see them hiring someone like Del Rio which will set them back another 5 years.

tosu and Campbell make too much sense if it comes open. I'm very curious to see if/where Neal Brown and Matt Wells end up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

I don't see sc going after Campbell, they should. I see them hiring someone like Del Rio which will set them back another 5 years.

tosu and Campbell make too much sense if it comes open. I'm very curious to see if/where Neal Brown and Matt Wells end up.

I think you are absolutely correct in your assessment... 

8 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Speaking of Brohm: this could be a bunch of nothing, but here is the "news":

He and Campbell should be on the wish list of any program looking for a HC, so I don't expect to see either in their current status long term.  Hopefully Brohm isn't dumb enough take steps backward to go to UL. 

7 minutes ago, gecko said:

Hope Campbell stays at ISU. We need them to be relevant.

Campbell’s new contract, which the Des Moines Register obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, states that Iowa State is owed $7 million if he leaves before Feb. 1, 2019. The buyout drops by $1 million each February through the contract’s Dec. 31, 2023 duration.

35 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Jack Del Rio is a distinct possibility. He's been campaigning for the job.

CSB- A friend refs mid-level college games and was an NFL replacement ref and was the side judge or whatever on the Broncos sideline. He said Del Rio (Broncos DC at the time) was the biggest asshole he'd ever encountered in any walk of life   

Edited by Dennis Taylor