Colt vs. The Cowboys - Who do you cheer for?

SMUlawUTgrad

As a Cowboys fan I feel conflicted. The Cowboys season has been pretty crappy overall but a win against Washington would be crucial for any hope towards making the playoffs. 

Colt represented my 4 year years at UT. He was my quarterback, so I will always cheer for him. 

I have tons of memories  cheering for the Cowboys on thanksgiving so it's tough to not be as invested in their success. 

What say you?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Drew said:

Cowboys. Not even a debate. It’s the damn redskins.

Having said that Colt is my all time favorite player for Texas and it hurts that I won’t cheer for him Thursday. But I hope he plays well in every game.

Colt is your favorite? Over James Street and Earl Campbell? and Chris Simms?

Colt can wait one more weak before he becomes a household name.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

I hope Colt wins and keeps winning and becomes a Redskin legend and takes on Drew Brees in the NFC Championship game and whomever wins wins the SB and it is established that Longhorns and Austinites are magic QBs and they win championships & trophies just like Foles last year and Mayfield even and Sam wins out this year and wins the Heisman and a national championship next year and everybody goes what's up with Austin and then there is a close up on Matthew McConnaghey's Oscar and the camera is circling it like as in that famous Walter Cronkite commercial circling the tower and the haunting echoes of alright alright alright and then Dabney Coleman glows orange.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Cowboys fans get more entertaining the worse their season gets... so I'm going with Colt.

Not that I dislike the Boys. I'll root for 'em if they're in the playoffs or some shit. But this season is going nowhere in a hurry for them.

The winner of this game will be leading the NFC East. The Cowboys may have had an up and down season, but let's not act like the Cowboys season is on life support or anything. 

Once they graduate and play for the shitbags in the nfc east they are the enemy. I want colt to succeed. Light it up and look great while losing and the redskins getting their ass kicked. I give no fucks who you are. If you wear a shit marroon. Smegma green or assalley blue.  You’re the enemy.  Thank you for your service at UT but now you’re the enemy.  Go colt. Fuck you deadskins 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Colt is your favorite? Over James Street and Earl Campbell? and Chris Simms?

Colt can wait one more weak before he becomes a household name.

Chris Simms? What? Who the fuck would put Simms over Colt? Unless your name is Phil Simms. 

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Once they graduate and play for the shitbags in the nfc east they are the enemy. I want colt to succeed. Light it up and look great while losing and the redskins getting their ass kicked. I give no fucks who you are. If you wear a shit marroon. Smegma green or assalley blue.  You’re the enemy.  Thank you for your service at UT but now you’re the enemy.  Go colt. Fuck you deadskins 

Same here. This is my thoughts to the Horns who go pro. I loved them for their time here but the pros are a different beast. I'll root for you as long as you aren't playing Dallas. 

Colt will take more chances than Alex Smith but he's not always the most accurate with those passes. I expect a lot of the offense they ran when we played him in 2014.

if you want colt to win you’re not a cowboys fan.  and that’s totally fine, as I would not expect someone to cheer for a team if they’re not an invested fan.  

“I’m a cowboys fan but I hope the redskins beat us” simply does not compute and as such can’t be considered a serious comment.  useless thread.