Mike Gundy solves college football's fake injury problems but not coronavirus or BLM

LTtxfan

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

That’s not what he said. 

Yeah, that was the point. According to that poster, Hubbard should have handled things differently because the way he handled things could have adversely affected Gundy's future career. Meanwhile Gundy has repeatedly made decisions that neglect any concern for Hubbard's future career.

I mean I thought that was obvious, but no sweat off my back to spell it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

I had never watched OAN, and had no idea I even had it on Directv.  But after some trumpsucking presser where they lobbbed him numerous softballs, I decided to find it an tune in.  Dear god, the fact that it isn't a parody news show is mindboggling.  

It is like somebody said "I don't think cable TV news could get much worse" and somebody took that as a challenge.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, that was the point. According to that poster, Hubbard should have handled things differently because the way he handled things could have adversely affected Gundy's future career. Meanwhile Gundy has repeatedly made decisions that neglect any concern for Hubbard's future career.

You knowingly added your editorial version of his post and left out a major point. That is what is obvious to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Hubbard could have wrecked team unity, messing up the team.  He also put a mark by his own name as an immature young man who lobs grenades without thinking.

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

They basically mean "shut up and dribble". They don't want to hear what these athletes say on any relevant subject. They just want to turn on their tv and watch them entertain and dance for them and that's it. They won't admit but this is how many view athletes. Any time they speak their mind, they get so much backlash and it's usually from a certain demographic who is giving the most flack. You also have all these double standards. Laura Ingram tells Lebron to shut up and dribble since his message goes against her network's yet Drew Brees say something that aligns with her network and she said he has a right to say what he wants to say. It's fucking ridiculous.

The curtain is slowly being uncovered and exposing a lot of people. I support all these athletes taking a stand, especially college athletes. The NCAA has set up a  system to fuck them for so long and they are tired of dealing with it and sitting on their hands. I hope they wreck havoc on them all.

Duh.  Its entertainment.  That's how I feel about movies and TV.  If I want to be preached to, I go to church.  If I want to listen to politics, I watch news.

Nobody really cares what they do or say off the field.

LeBron is an idiot who gets on his knees to China and then preaches to other people.  He's a whore for China so why should anybody listen to him on morality.

A bunch of HS dropout actors and hormone and steroid filled 18-22 year old males are who we all should be listening to for good advice.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ollie Slatt said:

Ton of OSU players now saying on twitter that those were not their demands.  Doug "let me offer the white man's perspective" Gottlieb may have gotten this one wrong, which is not surprising.   Reading Chuba's statement from earlier today, which was incredibly well thought out and impressive, it should have been clear that the players' demands were not going to be this shallow.  

I do think Gundy had a no du-rag rule, which is pretty stupid.  

Somebody believed fake twitters.  What a surprise.

You dipshits defending his right to wear that shirt realize this has nothing to do with his personal political beliefs but has everything to do with his ability to recruit black players, right? He’s a fucking salesman. If your job is to sell athletes on playing football for you, and the perception is that you think Black Lives Matter is bullshit, you’re fucked. You get that, right? It’s not that fucking hard to understand. But hey, maybe he can be the second coach to win a natty with an all white team since, well, when did that last happen.......?

• Like 8

On 6/16/2020 at 6:04 AM, bad_teammate said:

When someone says, "Keep politics out of sports." what they mean is "Keep politics I disagree with out of sports."

America is getting its reckoning my G. too long, with too much cover. its real and its glorious

now all the sex toys have to be charged. 

120 or 240? what say you?

BEmQN8X.gif

6 hours ago, irishtexan said:

You dipshits defending his right to wear that shirt realize this has nothing to do with his personal political beliefs but has everything to do with his ability to recruit black players, right? He’s a fucking salesman. If your job is to sell athletes on playing football for you, and the perception is that you think Black Lives Matter is bullshit, you’re fucked. You get that, right? It’s not that fucking hard to understand. But hey, maybe he can be the second coach to win a natty with an all white team since, well, when did that last happen.......?

BLM as an org sucks. What he should of worn next is a BGOA shirt and told them that they're feelings we're hurt, and told them why BLM sucks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

BLM as an org sucks. What he should of worn next is a BGOA shirt and told them that they're feelings we're hurt, and told them why BLM sucks.

Oh boy.

They were talking about the movement (as is OAN in most clips you can find), rather than the org anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Go ahead workswithseed. In your most “I’m not racist, but..” speech, tell us how black lives matter as an organization sucks. I’m sure your echo chamber of news has done a fair and reasonable job of covering the movement.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Go ahead workswithseed. In your most “I’m not racist, but..” speech, tell us how black lives matter as an organization sucks. I’m sure your echo chamber of news has done a fair and reasonable job of covering the movement.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that BLM spoke for all black people, and that you speak for all black people too telling me I'm racist for not agreeing that America is racist so I must bend the knee.

Yes master, I'll be a white slave to the organization.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I'm sorry, I didn't know that BLM spoke for all black people, and that you speak for all black people too telling me I'm racist for not agreeing that America is racist so I must bend the knee.

I’m confused by what you mean in your run on sentence, but you still never answered my question. Explain to me, in detail, why black lives matter “sucks”. Let me guess, your echo chamber has told you they’re thugs and they’re no different than nazis. 

Then explain why black gun owners of America should stand next to BLM protesters and tell them why “they’re” feelings are hurt.

Your post made no fucking sense, but again, why would anyone be surprised by that.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

ShabbyEagerBarebirdbat-max-1mb.gif

6 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m confused by what you mean in your run on sentence, but you still never answered my question. Explain to me, in detail, why black lives matter “sucks”. Let me guess, your echo chamber has told you they’re thugs and they’re no different than nazis. 

Then explain why black gun owners of America should stand next to BLM protesters and tell them why “they’re” feelings are hurt.

Your post made no fucking sense, but again, why would anyone be surprised by that.

What, Nazis? I didn't think you'd think of them like that. That's my first time hearing them called that. 

12 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

What, Nazis? I didn't think you'd think of them like that. That's my first time hearing them called that. 

Still ducking the original question of “why does BLM suck” because you know you have jack shit for an answer. I understand. I almost respect it. Why would you double down when you know you have no idea what the fuck you’re talking about. Just deflect until the topic is dropped. It’s a commendable approach. Next why don’t you tell us about how black people should focus on black on black crime, since I know that’s another talking point on your echo chamber 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

He’s just repeating what OAN told him 

I think it is fair to critique BLM.  Particularly that as an activist group it has failed to provide any kind of concrete vision to address the issues it serves to amplify in the public consciousness.   You could also argue that the premise of reforming or defunding the police is wrongheaded and while some good could be done, the project is destined to fail to achieve the goal of substantially reducing state sanctioned violence directed against blacks.  Police perform a necessary function in our society (as it currently exists) and the violence and terror created by the police is part and parcel of that function. 

• Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

you seem to be sublimating 

Swandered is being pretty passive aggressive, but he won't come out and say what he's thinking

methinks phlegm was right

in a passive aggressive post based on mind reading, you accused me of sublimating and being passive aggressive. Bravo. 

and double bravo for getting me to respond; I know better but I'm doing it anyway. 

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Still ducking the original question of “why does BLM suck” because you know you have jack shit for an answer. I understand. I almost respect it. Why would you double down when you know you have no idea what the fuck you’re talking about. Just deflect until the topic is dropped. It’s a commendable approach.

They say America is racist. I told you. I agree police should be weakened or gone.

Now, why did you call them NAZIs? I never called them that.

I dunno, I heard that BLM and Antifa are both having their national conventions next week.  Everyone is encouraged to vote on both the platform as well as the leadership slate.  

The other side of those two organizations can't fucking read or think critically, so they are hereby relieved of any due diligence.  

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

I think it is fair to critique BLM.  Particularly that as an activist group it has failed to provide any kind of concrete vision to address the issues it serves to amplify in the public consciousness.   You could also argue that the premise of reforming or defunding the police is wrongheaded and while some good could be done, the project is destined to fail to achieve the goal of substantially reducing state sanctioned violence directed against blacks.  Police perform a necessary function in our society (as it currently exists) and the violence and terror created by the police is part and parcel of that function. 

I suppose you could argue all of those things. 

Of course if you take your last two sentences, saying that ultimate the entire project is impossible because our society requires violence and terror, then you can hardly critique it much for being unable to solve an impossible problem.

We will see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Black Lives Matter is not an organization or a group. It is a concept. Stop addressing it like it is an organization or a group.

A big part of the problem with BLM, like with Occupy, is that there is no real leadership or concrete organization through which demands could be made.  You can create energy through such a structure but eventually the energy will peter out and nothing of real substance will be accomplished.  However, I think it would be inappropriate to consider it only as a entirely disassociated movement or hashtag - there are several activist groups that operate under the BLM banner, including the activists who proposed Campaign Xero.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Black Lives Matter is not an organization or a group. It is a concept. Stop addressing it like it is an organization or a group.

I’m shocked that not only does Fozz not understand that BLM is a concept and people aren’t only referring to the organization or that defund the police doesn’t actually mean get rid of the police and is actually a concept created by people who have analyzed a ton of data to determine actions that actually work in reducing police violence, which he says is basically impossible because society can’t function without them creating “violence and terror.”

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I suppose you could argue all of those things. 

Of course if you take your last two sentences, saying that ultimate the entire project is impossible because our society requires violence and terror, then you can hardly critique it much for being unable to solve an impossible problem.

We will see.

I don't think the problem is intractable.  I just don't think going after the police is the way to address the problem - it's trying to treat a disease by treating one symptom of the disease.  

• Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I think it is fair to critique BLM.  Particularly that as an activist group it has failed to provide any kind of concrete vision to address the issues it serves to amplify in the public consciousness.   

In my opinion, that's because it is less of a group and more of an idea or slogan that animates people to action.

2 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

This^^^

They need to organize, elect/select spokespersons/representatives to take their cause to officials who can push their agenda and GET THINGS DONE.  At this point they are just making a lot of disorganized noise imo.

Now is the time, the entire world is watching.  Get organized and strike while the iron is hot.

5 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

This^^^

They need to organize, elect/select spokespersons/representatives to take their cause to officials who can push their agenda and GET THINGS DONE.  At this point they are just making a lot of disorganized noise imo.

Now is the time, the entire world is watching.  Get organized and strike while the iron is hot.

BLM is most definitely an organization.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

2 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

I understand BLK is a concept.  But to help clarify, if someone wanted to donate money to help the concept, would they donate to this organization?  

https://blacklivesmatter.com/black-lives-matter-global-network-foundation-announces-6-5-million-fund-to-support-organizing-work/

Are these Chapters in the organization furthering the concept?

https://blacklivesmatter.com/chapters/

Is this group furthering the concept?  Are they hurting the concept?  If you support the concept, does that mean you automatically support Black Lives Matter Global Network, Inc.?

https://blacklivesmatter.com/about/

52 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Sorry, they compared them to the KKK. My bad. Mixed up my radical hate groups.

I haven't heard that either. I don't think they hate me for my skin, they want to change things that I don't think needs to be changed. 

In David's post they talk about destroying the nuclear family and make them "villages". I don't think that's a good at all. 

• Like 1