Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

In one of the audio messages attributed to Arthur, several statements are made regarding the beauty of Ukrainian women, who he calls "goddesses". "Bro, I'm sick. I'm sick. I'm over now, there are four customs barriers. There are two little houses in each country. Brother, I swear to you, I counted: there were 12 goddesses of police officers. Goddesses", says one of them. "Four of them were chicks who you'd be like... Bro, I can't even tell you. If she took a shit, you'd wipe her ass with your tongue. Unbelievable. Unbelievable, man. As soon as this war is over, I'm coming back here.", the recording continues.

"They look at me [Arthur] and, let me tell you: they're easy because they're poor. And here, man, my Instagram letter, full of subscribers, works great. It works great. I'll tell the story later in detail", he says.

The deputy announced that he was in Europe accompanying Renan Santos, one of the leaders of the MBL (Free Brazil Movement), to monitor the conflict. Despite all the difficulties of transit within the country, currently, at war, the two claimed to have managed to enter Ukraine.

"Renan goes on a trip every year. It's just that in the last three years he couldn't do it. He calls it his 'tour de blond'. What does he do? He travels to countries with the sole purpose of hooking up with blondes." The hotel receptionist hit on me here I... My God. I said: 'It's not possible that this is happening. It's a lie, it's a movie, it's not possible. And that's it, right? And these poorer cities, they are the best", he concludes.

Arthur do Val supposedly also claimed that he didn't "hook up with anyone" during his expedition to the country at war, but that he is already planning to buy his air ticket to Eastern Europe for 2023. "I'm 35 years old, man, I've never lived this. I didn't even hook up with anyone here, I didn't hook up with anyone here, but just the feeling of knowing that I could do that and feel like someone... Anyway, you already know, right?[laughs]. I'm already buying my ticket to Eastern Europe next year, as soon as I arrive in São Paulo", he says.

"I've never in my life, never, never seen anything like that in terms of beauty in a girl. The refugee line, brother, l don't know... Dude, really, I'm lost for words. Picture a line of 200 meters or more, like that, filled only goddesses", he says. "If you wait in line at the best nightclub in Brazil, the absolute best, at the best time of the year, you don't get even close to the level of beauty found in the refugee line here."

• Haha 4

Regarding the videos of Ukrainian soldiers standing in the open and hitting tanks without any return fire: come on, man!  Those are abandoned tanks with no Russian soldiers in or around them.  There are no secondary explosions from ammo cooking off, so it's debatable whether the armor was even penetrated.  I want every Russian in Ukraine to never leave alive, and for every Ukrainian farmer to have his own used vehicle lot, so I want them to be true, too.  You must use your head when you watch these, and think critically.

I hope that they are taking real steps to render these vehicles permanently inoperable.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

When is the story of Russian soldiers eating dead babies good to be reported.  The Ukranian PR machine is going into overdrive.  It's not a bad thing but when people find out they are getting lied too.  It makes it hard to whip then into a frenzy so they better get it right the first time.  Whoever is in control of it believes in their own bullshit a little too much right now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Regarding the videos of Ukrainian soldiers standing in the open and hitting tanks without any return fire: come on, man!  Those are abandoned tanks with no Russian soldiers in or around them.  There are no secondary explosions from ammo cooking off, so it's debatable whether the armor was even penetrated.  I want every Russian in Ukraine to never leave alive, and for every Ukrainian farmer to have his own used vehicle lot, so I want them to be true, too.  You must use your head when you watch these, and think critically.

I hope that they are taking real steps to render these vehicles permanently inoperable.

So it's the Ukrainian version of a shootin' car.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FartingMonk said:

When is the story of Russian soldiers eating dead babies good to be reported.  The Ukranian PR machine is going into overdrive.  It's not a bad thing but when people find out they are getting lied too.  It makes it hard to whip then into a frenzy so they better get it right the first time.  Whoever is in control of it believes in their own bullshit a little too much right now.

I understand totally why...they are pleading for something it is doubtful (nearly impossible--the skies to be closed--fighter planes) for them to get...at least they are on message. I can't say I wouldn't be doing the same damn thing. The thing is their pleas are being heard and answered...so they keep pushing for more. But fighting for their lives and their right to not be under Russian/ Putin rule. I understand. I also get your point as well. 

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I understand totally why...they are pleading for something it is doubtful (nearly impossible--the skies to be closed--fighter planes) for them to get...at least they are on message. I can't say I wouldn't be doing the same damn thing. The thing is their pleas are being heard and answered...so they keep pushing for more. But fighting for their lives and their right to not be under Russian/ Putin rule. I understand. I also get your point as well. 

No.  You don't get it.  Because Russia is great at this game.  Next they round up 100 conscripts and shoot them in the head and have video of men in Ukranian uniform or sympathetic to them saying this is for our dead babies.

• Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I stopped trying to point that out. 

you are asking a fan girl cheerleader who clearly has turned off the critical thinking section of her brain, the same one who says she reads this damn thread all the time, yet keeps posts shit thats 1,2,3  days old, stuff that was posted 6-10  pages earlier, with a simple SIAP, along with the statement. ....  whoopsie, if so. 

and one that seems to think that as long as a twitter poster has a blue checkmark that anything they say is cool to post without any cooroboration or at least an attempt by her to try to verify the information before pasting it here....

also, a real T72, T90, or T14 has armor thats thick enough to defeat a standard RPG (obviously excluding the treads being vulnerable) .   

They may be firing at some sort of APC with a cannon, or an armored self propelled gun, but its the classic "anything with armor and tracks" IS A TANK mentality. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Can't stand the CR thread....I do think there's room for a happy medium but it ain't my message board. 

Don't be a whiny bitch pussy. That thread is fine there's tons of good links.

There's no other thread needed. Here's all you need to know:

It's 11 days in and Russia hasn't even fully captured the Russian sympathetic Eastern Ukraine cities and have gotten so flustered they're targeting civilians now.

That alone tells you theyre fucking it all up. The propaganda isn't hard to cut through if you look at the big picture actions.

If you want proof they're targeting civilians watch some BBC and CNN. They're showing dozens of residential neighborhoods being bombed out and bodies in the street. That doesnt happen by accident.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Shocker. You don't like me. OMG a girl is posting here. Someone with tits has an opinion. If you do get laid, I doubt its much or any good.

"A lot of Nicole's posts suck, imo. I wish she'd just fuck off and let us real men on the board post our real man important stuff. Or just those of us who are real serious minded. Those of us who are scholars on the war in Ukraine and have so much to offer. If she'd just fuck off and find another board to post on this thread would be so great. Like us absolutely fair minded folks in the CR led by our not at all goddess from Bama." 

Well you can wish in one hand and crap in the other, piece of dick.

You had me at tits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:
Shocker. You don't like me. OMG a girl is posting here. Someone with tits has an opinion. If you do get laid, I doubt its much or any good.
"A lot of Nicole's posts suck, imo. I wish she'd just fuck off and let us real men on the board post our real man important stuff. Or just those of us who are real serious minded. Those of us who are scholars on the war in Ukraine and have so much to offer. If she'd just fuck off and find another board to post on this thread would be so great. Like us absolutely fair minded folks in the CR led by our not at all goddess from Bama." 

Or maybe, stop making a thread about a bloody invasion and the death of thousands about you. It's uncouthe and shitty. It's also shitty when people make sexist comments about you. Ignore them.

You should have given a 🖕 to AUS-97HORN if you were concerned about someone making the thread about Nicole. She needed to respond.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/moldova-us-support-ukraine-russia_n_62253429e4b03bc49a9cc874

Blinken Vows U.S. Support To Moldova As War Rages In Neighboring Ukraine

The small Western-leaning former Soviet republic is coping with an influx of refugees from Ukraine and warily watching Russia’s intensifying aggression

Matthew Lee

03/06/2022 05:32pm EST

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Are you fucking kidding me? I wandered over to that cesspool right now and top stories include claims that Ukraine is destroying evidence of U.S. biological weapons labs and a story about how Tony Blair thought the invasion of Iraq was the right thing to do.  One part pure disinformation to one part completely irrelevant.  If you think it’s objective you need a check on your critical thinking skills. 

Yeah that guy is doing the stupid asking questions routine.  Take that shit somewhere else.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

55 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Are you fucking kidding me? I wandered over to that cesspool right now and top stories include claims that Ukraine is destroying evidence of U.S. biological weapons labs and a story about how Tony Blair thought the invasion of Iraq was the right thing to do.  One part pure disinformation to one part completely irrelevant.  If you think it’s objective you need a check on your critical thinking skills. 

That's very weird; I did not get the story about Ukraine destroying bioweapons -- it might have been added after I posted or I just missed it. I am very leery of any story involving allegations of chemical / biological warfare and I would not have posted what I did had I seen it or had it been there.

But there are also stories about how the Pope is calling it a war and not a "military operation," how the RUS gov't has blocked Pussy Riot's website, how the RUS gov't has arrested thousands in protests across Russia, and how a Sky News team from the UK was shot at with some wounded. That story is all kinds of hinky: Brits pull up to a checkpoint near Kyiv and find themselves immediately under fire from people they assumed were friendlies. The Ukrainians later told them they had run into "a saboteur Russian reconnaissance squad" and that they were many paramilitary Russian death squads all over the country killing Uke civilians. 

Big if true, right? Which would be good information to know, right? And I would probably believe it even if I read it in the Kyiv Independent but they haven't reported it. Why has RT aired this Ukrainian claim?

The longer the war goes on, the less bad news RT is reporting though.

As for my critical thinking skills -- that's why I go there. I want to know why they are reporting the things they report and why they omit the things they don't report. To someone who works in the media it's fascinating. It's like forensic psychology. Shrinks are bored by normie patients and I am bored by the sort of normie propaganda Ukraine is churning out -- it's effective, it's necessary, it's everywhere, but I've been studying propaganda in warfare going back to World War I and it's basically the same playbook. This RT stuff is next level shit. 

• Like 1

How much longer do you think they can keep the Russian stock market closed?  

Update, apparently closed Monday and Tuesday for international Women's day.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news-2022-03-04/card/russia-s-stock-market-to-remain-closed-through-tuesday-68G0Quk94o1jbIZX0HLO

Edited by Grade of D as in David
Update
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

you are just pissed that I am not jerking off to the thought of you bragging about getting pounded while thousands of civillians are being slaughtered. 

you have valid points to make, you have valid posts every so often.  but you need to start using that grey matter in your brain as it becomes more and more likely that these stories are very tough to confirm, or corroaborate and can either be embellished or partially made up.

having a blue checkmark helps, but at this point, any Ukrainian with a blue checkmark is not always posting the whole story and doing much fact checking themselves unless they are directly part of the UA govt.

for example your post with the tweet about the dead 6 year old girl.  I am not saying its fake, I am not saying it didnt happen.  However, heres the concern. 

#1. the story doesnt tell us who provided the information.   HOW did it get found out when the post implies her whole family except maybe dad is dead. Lets assume based on the story, the most likely person to survive to talk about her is the father. 

#2. who provided the picture this quickly in the war?  again, the father is a prime candidate, maybe aunts or uncles...

but again, the tweet gives us NONE of that information, it just says that a 6 year old girl, her brother, mom, and grandparents were all kiled and includes a picture of a cute girl but NO CORROBORATING INFO. who provided the picture?

I am very Pro Ukraine I grew up on Red Dawn and Rocky 4.  I am NOT in anyway pro Russia, but I am pro-correct information, which right now is in very short supply and tweets with pictures about dead little girls and their familes is doing EXACTLY what it is intended to do in regards to you and others like you...

and by you, I mean middle class white american parents with younger kids whose hearts imaging their own kids in that situation who then retweet and repost the story without taking 10 seconds to think "does this story make sense, and maybe I should point out some possible plot holes before I rush to post it on Surly"   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4
  • Rage+1 1

Post some zero hedge too so we can have some more sources since RT is so good.  

Back to Twitter reliability: I have just a few follows because the analysis is a lot more interesting than the rehashed videos that get posted (90 percent plus are repeats).  

Gen Hertling and Gen Mick Ryan are both good follows.

Ex military who have direct experience of this kind of combat have a unique insight into what Russia is and isn’t doing.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I stopped trying to point that out. 

you are asking a fan girl cheerleader who clearly has turned off the critical thinking section of her brain, the same one who says she reads this damn thread all the time, yet keeps posts shit thats 1,2,3  days old, stuff that was posted 6-10  pages earlier, with a simple SIAP, along with the statement. ....  whoopsie, if so. 

and one that seems to think that as long as a twitter poster has a blue checkmark that anything they say is cool to post without any cooroboration or at least an attempt by her to try to verify the information before pasting it here....

also, a real T72, T90, or T14 has armor thats thick enough to defeat a standard RPG (obviously excluding the treads being vulnerable) .   

They may be firing at some sort of APC with a cannon, or an armored self propelled gun, but its the classic "anything with armor and tracks" IS A TANK mentality. 

My post wasn't directed to anyone specifically.  There have been several posts made with minimal critical thinking, including by me.  I am starting to slow down and look more closely at clips from Ukraine with a more deliberate eye and remembering my training.  So, if you see someone standing in the open and not receiving fire, or the person holding the camera is in the open and not receiving fire, it's not combat footage.  If you see a missile hit a tank or APC and there are no secondary explosions, the shot didn't penetrate the armor, and the vehicle isn't destroyed.  And if the shooter is posing for trophy shots, it isn't combat.  Not saying they didn't go ahead and finish the job, but the RPGs didn't finish them.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

My post wasn't directed to anyone specifically.  There have been several posts made with minimal critical thinking, including by me.  I am starting to slow down and look more closely at clips from Ukraine with a more deliberate eye and remembering my training.  So, if you see someone standing in the open and not receiving fire, or the person holding the camera is in the open and not receiving fire, it's not combat footage.  If you see a missile hit a tank or APC and there are no secondary explosions, the shot didn't penetrate the armor, and the vehicle isn't destroyed.  And if the shooter is posing for trophy shots, it isn't combat.  Not saying they didn't go ahead and finish the job, but the RPGs didn't finish them.

Agreed. I will do better. Most of the ones I follow are legit and I will stick to those that are legit and not follow the threads down the rabbit hole again. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

you are just pissed that I am not jerking off to the thought of you bragging about getting pounded while thousands of civillians are being slaughtered. 

you have valid points to make, you have valid posts every so often.  but you need to start using that grey matter in your brain as it becomes more and more likely that these stories are very tough to confirm, or corroaborate and can either be embellished or partially made up.

having a blue checkmark helps, but at this point, any Ukrainian with a blue checkmark is not always posting the whole story and doing much fact checking themselves unless they are directly part of the UA govt.

for example your post with the tweet about the dead 6 year old girl.  I am not saying its fake, I am not saying it didnt happen.  However, heres the concern. 

#1. the story doesnt tell us who provided the information.   HOW did it get found out when the post implies her whole family except maybe dad is dead. Lets assume based on the story, the most likely person to survive to talk about her is the father. 

#2. who provided the picture this quickly in the war?  again, the father is a prime candidate, maybe aunts or uncles...

but again, the tweet gives us NONE of that information, it just says that a 6 year old girl, her brother, mom, and grandparents were all kiled and includes a picture of a cute girl but NO CORROBORATING INFO. who provided the picture?

I am very Pro Ukraine I grew up on Red Dawn and Rocky 4.  I am NOT in anyway pro Russia, but I am pro-correct information, which right now is in very short supply and tweets with pictures about dead little girls and their familes is doing EXACTLY what it is intended to do in regards to you and others like you...

and by you, I mean middle class white american parents with younger kids whose hearts imaging their own kids in that situation who then retweet and repost the story without taking 10 seconds to think "does this story make sense, and maybe I should point out some possible plot holes before I rush to post it on Surly"   

She's posting stuff she sees and wants to post. It's up to you if you want to verify anything she posts. Google "Ukraine 6 year old girl" and numerous outlets have the story with the pic of the mom and the ambulance, if that's the one you're talking about.

If you don't want that put her on ignore.

Just attacking her and being a condescending cunt with stuff like this just makes you look like a sexist ass:

but you need to start using that grey matter in your brain

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

This seems less than ideal. Well-intended steps but perhaps not perfectly implemented.

I am proud so many companies are trying to do things though. But ya...that sucks. Some aren't doing anything and some are just paying lip service. I need to find more ways to help that aren't financial.

This sucks. I ate there a few times. Really great food: 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, FartingMonk said:

No.  You don't get it.  Because Russia is great at this game.  Next they round up 100 conscripts and shoot them in the head and have video of men in Ukranian uniform or sympathetic to them saying this is for our dead babies.

Semi- related anecdote:

In the late 1950s my dad was a part of the US MAAG effort to help train Generalissimo Chiang Kai Shek’s Nationalist Chinese Army on Taiwan. 
Durning a large scale war games demonstration of a simulated Communist invasion of the island, it was so realistic that several of the defending conscripts panicked, threw down their weapons and surrendered to the “invaders”. 
The Nationalist commanders were so embarrassed at this “loss of face” in front of the American observers that they ordered those conscripts to be immediately shot. 
Not by a firing squad, but they were made to kneel on the beach and were shot in the back of the head. Witnessed by my dad who was standing with his fellow US Army officers about 50 yards away.

Lesson learned.... supposedly. 
(Dad was disgusted, but did not show it... even to his Chinese liaison officer who was a very good life long friend afterwards)

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 2