Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

46 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

One thing about these nuke threats— a guideline, not rule, of deterrence is: if you have to make the nuke threat explicit, its not a super credible nuke threat.  The best nuke threat is the one you don’t have to make because everyone can connect the dots themselves. 

When Putin announced mobilization a few weeks ago and said that he wasn’t bluffing…..everybody knew instantly that he was bluffing.

game-of-thrones-king.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Nah, engineers are jerking off knowing they are deploying to some proving ground near Gdansk. The Business Development teams are taking notes and wondering how their expense account can be justified to include dinners and drinks with hot polish chicks. 

Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Nah, engineers are jerking off knowing they are deploying to some proving ground near Gdansk. The Business Development teams are taking notes and wondering how their expense account can be justified to include dinners and drinks with hot polish chicks. 

Yes.  The answer is yes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

When Putin announced mobilization a few weeks ago and said that he wasn’t bluffing…..everybody knew instantly that he was bluffing.

Russians are known for being good at chess. They’re not known for being good at poker.

I’m not convinced that Putin is even good at chess. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Gdańsk is a fun city. I almost married an innkeepers daughter on one of my stints there. I think I would have ended up getting the inn. 

Edited by Telegraph_it
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

This guy has always seemed pretty legit to me.  He says Ukraine's massively successful attacks last month are a direct copy of the US's "Thunder Runs" in Gulf War 2.  And THAT strategy was the result of a lot of soul-searching on behalf of the US Army after Blackhawk Down.

Thoughts?  Is he right?

I saw that yesterday; I think it may have even been posted here.  His comments on Ukraine seem to be correct of what info we have, and he probably does pin down how it re-entered America military doctrine for use in modern urban warfare, but I don't think he gets the origin correct.  While fast raids have probably been used throughout history, I think the origins of something that looks like the Thunder Run is probably the US Civil War where Forrester et al. used cavalry raids is a similar way.

What’s so nuts about the Russian reaction to Kerch is that there’s a super strong likelihood the Ukrainians did use a VVBIED, maybe even with a driver that died in the blast. But they care so much about propaganda and so little about actually finding out what happened that they’re going to make the whole incident completely obscured behind a stream of falsifiable bullshit and just help the Ukrainians deflect. Which is awesome.

• Hook 'Em 8

9 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Those mechanics are really young

LIMITATIONS:

The T-62 has all the limitations of the T-55: cramped crew compartment, thin armor, crude gun control equipment (on most models), limited depression of main gun, and vulnerable fuel and ammunition storage areas. The automatic spent-cartridge ejection system can cause dangerous accumulations of carbon monoxide and possibly actual physical injury to the crew from cartridge cases projected against the edge of a poorly aligned ejection port and rebounding into the crew compartment. Opening the ejection port under NBC conditions would also expose the crew to contamination.

Each time the gun is fired, the tube must go into detente for cartridge ejection, and the power traverse of the turret is inoperable during ejection and reloading operations. Since manual elevation and traverse are rather slow and not effective for tracking a moving target, rapid fire and second-hit capabilities are limited. The turret also cannot be traversed with the driver's hatch open. Although the tank commander may override the gunner and traverse the turret, he cannot fire the main gun from his position. He is unable to override the gunner in elevation of the main gun, causing target acquisition problems.

To fire the 12.7-mm antiaircraft machinegun, the loader must be partially exposed, making him vulnerable to suppressive fires, and he must also leave his main gun loading duties unattended.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

LIMITATIONS:

Since manual elevation and traverse are rather slow and not effective for tracking a moving target, rapid fire and second-hit capabilities are limited. The turret also cannot be traversed with the driver's hatch open. Although the tank commander may override the gunner and traverse the turret, he cannot fire the main gun from his position. He is unable to override the gunner in elevation of the main gun, causing target acquisition problems.

The only way to overcome the inherent design problems of this tank is through extensive crew, training and coordination. That ain’t happening! What we have is a slow, vulnerable, outdated chassis, with an admittedly, good cannon. but the canon cannot be fired accurately and the chance of a successful follow up second shot with the chucklehead. Ivan’s operating the thing with no training is almost nil.

I wonder if deep in some forgotten warehouse we have a store of anti-tank bazooka type weapons from the 60s that were designed to defeat that tank. if so, we should ship them all to Ukraine. I have not checked the specs, but I’d imagine that even an old anti-tank round could do damage to those shitty armored BMP’s.

• Hook 'Em 6

12 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Elon Musk, German and Czech demonstrators, increased chatter on US media all spouting Russian talking points is evidence of a concerted push by Putin's regime to change the narrative.  At a time when Ukraine is seriously challenging Russia to retake all their territory Putin's plan is 

1. Partial Mobilization
  2. Bomb cities
  3. Threaten nuclear strikes
  4. Ramp up the propaganda machine

Nothing actually effective in winning the war except possibly the last one.  

A bit of context from the Czech Republic. The biggest demonstration was on September 8 (70k) and a rather smaller on on September 28 (by at least 30k) and a few hundred this week.  Trending the wrong way for Russia for sure. 

The Ukrainian woman got mobbed on the 28th. Every single person in the crowd has no excuse for behavior and for being there. That said—- the woman was screaming at the crowd that they were “cheap Russian sluts” (a fair assessment). 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

A bit of context from the Czech Republic. The biggest demonstration was on September 8 (70k) and a rather smaller on on September 28 (by at least 30k) and a few hundred this week.  Trending the wrong way for Russia for sure. 

The Ukrainian woman got mobbed on the 28th. Every single person in the crowd has no excuse for behavior and for being there. That said—- the woman was screaming at the crowd that they were “cheap Russian sluts” (a fair assessment). 

Prague you say?

• Haha 8

Yesterday they were quoting Homer Simpson, today it’s Dwight D. Eisenhower.  What interesting times we live in.

Germans are ramping up their support.  Canada and Estonia are sending winter uniforms, as are other countries.  Russia debates canceling new year celebrations so they can order winter uniforms ( they should have already been ordered)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1