Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

59 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I would imagine they get deployed along with the troops that had been in those respective countries training on those systems.

Still, I would think it would be difficult to get the right ammunition to the right troops.

2 hours ago, MillerEP said:
Doing what they can I suppose

I have a feeling a lot of countries are emptying their inventories out of Humvees.

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

It seems like it would be hard for Ukraine to support so many different systems from so many different countries.

Maybe Ukraine has a guy that can fix or work with anything.  Kind of like having a guy that you know that can fix your A/C, fridge, or even the fuel pump on your vehicle, you name it.

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Still, I would think it would be difficult to get the right ammunition to the right troops.

I’ve wondered as well.  I’m guessing dudes at the border with spreadsheets are sorting it.  NATO at least tries to use the same ammo standards across different rifles, so even if there are guys in the same unit with different rifles and magazines, the actual ammo is the same.  I have seen guys in the same unit with M4s and AKs, but I’m also seeing more and more units with NATO rifles (lots of M4s).

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Maybe Ukraine has a guy that can fix or work with anything.  Kind of like having a guy that you know that can fix your A/C, fridge, or even the fuel pump on your vehicle, you name it.

4 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Jimmy down the street?  Dude's awesome.

That’s the guy!  Maybe he’s volunteering in Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I have a feeling a lot of countries are emptying their inventories out of Humvees.

image.thumb.png.0b2ac16dbb0eb7faa22c89c3e7b3dc06.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Weld up the holes in one of those disks, grind the welds smooth, then season the disk and a cook can make all kinds of kickass chow on it.  Waste of good discas (sp.?), if you ask me.

Yep. I've seen some really good woks made with plow disks

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, pops said:

They've been fixing ladas for decades.  They will adapt and overcome. 

So, kind of the Cubans of Eastern Europe?  Have they turned any Ladas into boats and driven them across the Black Sea?

Also, definitely some creative mechanics in Ukraine, as they are doing some interesting upgrades to both tanks and APCs/IFV (including figuring out how to move turrets between different types).

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Also, definitely some creative mechanics in Ukraine, as they are doing some interesting upgrades to both tanks and APCs/IFV (including figuring out how to move turrets between different types).

For all of the Russian talk that Ukraine is just a brother from another mother, I look at what the Russians are doing to their vehicles, and it's like they just don't give a shit and are going through the motions, or they are really fucking stupid.

Meanwhile, Ukrainians are doing legit and clever upgrades or modifications to their vehicles, installing Western gear to improve things (GPS, comms), etc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

11 hours ago, Parliament said:

Jimmy down the street?  Dude's awesome.

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

For all of the Russian talk that Ukraine is just a brother from another mother, I look at what the Russians are doing to their vehicles, and it's like they just don't give a shit and are going through the motions, or they are really fucking stupid.

Meanwhile, Ukrainians are doing legit and clever upgrades or modifications to their vehicles, installing Western gear to improve things (GPS, comms), etc.

Russians have experienced a lot more brain drain over the decades. There's just not very many people clever enough to do all that left.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

VT shells are old news, the ships that hauled my grandaddy's ass to Midway were shooting them by 1944! However fitting that into a 20MM shell rather than a 127MM shell is pretty amazing, I wonder what the cost per shell is. And also, if that's what they're showing us just image how crazy the cutting edge shit is

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

VT shells are old news, the ships that hauled my grandaddy's ass to Midway were shooting them by 1944! However fitting that into a 20MM shell rather than a 127MM shell is pretty amazing, I wonder what the cost per shell is. And also, if that's what they're showing us just image how crazy the cutting edge shit is

Difference is they can steer these to the target. They tried it with the XM25 20mm rifle. Could shoot around corners, walls, etc. 

File:XM25 July 2009.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

Difference is they can steer these to the target. They tried it with the XM25 20mm rifle. Could shoot around corners, walls, etc. This is just larger and smarter.

What in the actual tarnation? That's wild that it's self steering and guiding, reminds me of that gun in the 5th Element

zaJ15n.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

What an absolutely hopeless society. Just miserable drunks going through the motions until they die.

Except the really rich ones, who are horrifically loathsome in their own way.

Years ago, when my kids started spending time at overseas schools, and running with a more international crowd, that's one thing that mom and I laid down: date whoever you want, but NO RUSSIANS.  Having seen and experienced Russians while living overseas, they share our assessment.

It is one FUCKED UP country/culture.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Remember that crazy video of a guy getting handed AT-4's when he asked for a 50cal reload? He just published a commentary video for that whole crazy engagement vid

From looking at the other uploads, the dude seems like the guy he says he is. Pretty crazy to get this sort of insight into an engagement and military action directly from the boots on the ground

• Hook 'Em 8