Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

They have some kind of "Heroes Wife" project going on where they take portraitsof the wives of their "heroes" that are serving in Ukraine, and predictably some of the photos will end up being photos of widows

Fr-CY2RXgAAWBVv?format=jpg&name=large

Such at this one

It's kind of weird, like she's already hitting up RussianWidows.com or whatever

FrvgjggXsAMCE10?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Something about those german markings make my b-hole pucker up.

When 9-year old "WWII buff, reading all that he could find about the war" Brisket was in the back seat as the family traveled down the highway outside Alamogordo, NM, said Brisket damn near shat his drawers when two of these blasted over the highway at low altitude, iron cross clearly visible:

14502501976_1865fd3370_b.jpg

Later that trip I found about the Luftwaffe training wing at nearby Holloman AFB, and realized that perhaps it WASN'T the dirty krauts sneaking past US air defenses and trying to re-fight WWII when we least suspected it.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

Oh okay so we're going to be watching videos of M1s and Leopard 2s "fighting" T-55s now?  That'll be....explosive.  At what point do they start trying to save ammo by just shooting through one T-55 to hit the next one back?

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They have some kind of "Heroes Wife" project going on where they take portraitsof the wives of their "heroes" that are serving in Ukraine, and predictably some of the photos will end up being photos of widows

Such at this one

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

5                                                           8                                                                 2

X                                                           4                                                                 6

7                                                           3                                                                  1

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Did not realize they've lost nearly 2,000 confirmed officers.  This was as of a week ago.

FrVh_qxWIAIqBoa?format=png&name=large

so..... when did they decide that there really werent 8 generals killed?  cause since like April of last year that used to show six  1 stars and two 2 stars  killed.  Now its just saying four 1 stars?

49 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Such at this one

And people say there's nothing left for Russia to export in exchange for hard currency.

It's like they have no idea how Russia works.  You think the life of Russian MEN has no value or dignity?  Wait till you see how they value their women.

Edited by Brisketexan

I love my brother, i do, but this whole conflict has really let the cat out of the bag to me that he’s lost his mind. He has a good job and makes 6 figures and all that nice stuff, but he’s gone nuts when it comes to anything politics or religion and especially both in the last 5-6 years or so.

Out of nowhere today, he sent me a Twitter post from a user called “Truthseeker” (can you foresee what’s coming?) about the zelensky regime brutally arresting a ukranian priest in his war on Christian Orthodoxy. My brother recently converted to Greek Orthodoxy because of how conservative and strict it is, and claims that it’s the work of the Antichrist to pretend that this action is anything other than contemptible. When asked if I supported this, I said it was pretty low on my list of things I cared about, especially in light of, you know, war crimes and such. I learned that I am supporting the persecution of Christians by Jews and Pagans, and am being lied to about everything by normies (whatever those are). Me questioning his sources and saying that maybe these priests wouldn’t be under investigation if they weren’t loyal to Moscow was met with “Out of sight and out of mind is ok for those who’ve never actually experienced human suffering on any level other than worrying about if they’re getting the football tickets or not”, to which I just responded with an AP link to photos of Bucha. After 5 minutes or so of what I assume to be his brain pretzeling trying to figure out how to reconcile that, he sent a long diatribe that ended with the phrase “Jewish thugs and Pagan Nazi fools”.

so yeah, maybe my brother has joined the KGB.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

1 minute ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I love my brother, i do, but this whole conflict has really let the cat out of the bag to me that he’s lost his mind. He has a good job and makes 6 figures and all that nice stuff, but he’s gone nuts when it comes to anything politics or religion and especially both in the last 5-6 years or so.

Out of nowhere today, he sent me a Twitter post from a user called “Truthseeker” (can you foresee what’s coming?) about the zelensky regime brutally arresting a ukranian priest in his war on Christian Orthodoxy. My brother recently converted to Greek Orthodoxy because of how conservative and strict it is, and claims that it’s the work of the Antichrist to pretend that this action is anything other than contemptible. When asked if I supported this, I said it was pretty low on my list of things I cared about, especially in light of, you know, war crimes and such. I learned that I am supporting the persecution of Christians by Jews and Pagans, and am being lied to about everything by normies (whatever those are). Me questioning his sources and saying that maybe these priests wouldn’t be under investigation if they weren’t loyal to Moscow was met with “Out of sight and out of mind is ok for those who’ve never actually experienced human suffering on any level other than worrying about if they’re getting the football tickets or not”, to which I just responded with an AP link to photos of Bucha. After 5 minutes or so of what I assume to be his brain pretzeling trying to figure out how to reconcile that, he sent a long diatribe that ended with the phrase “Jewish thugs and Pagan Nazi fools”.

Simple, short reply: "If your definition of Christianity includes supporting the open and gleeful rape and murder of women and children, maybe you need to do a little 'research' into the concept of 'false prophets.'  And if your definition of Christianity DOES include those things, then I'm really, really fucking glad not to be a 'Christian.'  Your call, brother."

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Simple, short reply: "If your definition of Christianity includes supporting the open and gleeful rape and murder of women and children, maybe you need to do a little 'research' into the concept of 'false prophets.'  And if your definition of Christianity DOES include those things, then I'm really, really fucking glad not to be a 'Christian.'  Your call, brother."

It was definitely the most level headed I’ve ever been dealing with him when he says mind numbingly dumb/inconsistent things. That was more or less the message he got, along with being sure to tell him he is following/posting some pretty far out stuff… he was very quick early on to post all the “Bucha was a fake!!!” RT news analysis etc. 

1 minute ago, Etexhorn13 said:

It was definitely the most level headed I’ve ever been dealing with him when he says mind numbingly dumb/inconsistent things. That was more or less the message he got, along with being sure to tell him he is following/posting some pretty far out stuff… he was very quick early on to post all the “Bucha was a fake!!!” RT news analysis etc. 

I would have just said "take the loss pussy".

I've got a Qanon in-law, so you have my sympathies, she won't listen to anything about Ukraine other than what the Russian social media accounts are pushing.  When she sends the family some bullshit, I respond with a small list of things that contradict what she is pushing ("Russia is not trying to annex anything" "Really, here's some Russian officials and state media saying that they are", etc.).  Doesn't matter though, her brain is broken.  Putin could stand in front of her, speak clear English to her, and tell her something, and if it doesn't jive with what she believes, she'll tell me it's fake news.

Just now, Saint Austin said:

Is there a reason those types hold Russian Orthodoxy superior to Ukrainian Orthodoxy?

They see the Ukrainian Orthodoxy as having been derived from Russian, so Russian is the final authority, at least that's one a friend who understands that stuff told me (and he was giving me the simple explanation).

• Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

After 5 minutes or so of what I assume to be his brain pretzeling trying to figure out how to reconcile that, he sent a long diatribe that ended with the phrase “Jewish thugs and Pagan Nazi fools”.

Oh, I'd add - I'd ask him to define "Nazi" because what a lot of Russians view "Nazis" as, is not what a lot of us in the West view it as.  To a lot of them, it's about Ukrainians who believe Ukraine is its own nation (literally Ukrainian nationalists), to others it's about Germany Nazis of WWII and the betrayal of Nazi Germany when they turned on the Soviet Union, etc. and so the anger isn't so much about the Holocaust, etc., it's about the Germans betraying the Soviets.

Anyways, it's a very nuanced subject that a lot of the mentally ill conspiracy types fail to grasp.

Actually, don't ask him, because what you say to him won't matter one bit.  No amount of overwhelming evidence will help you.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Actually, don't ask him, because what you say to him won't matter one bit.  No amount of overwhelming evidence will help you.

Those who reached a conclusion without regard for the truth sure as shit aren't going to change their conclusion when presented with the truth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Oh, I'd add - I'd ask him to define "Nazi" because what a lot of Russians view "Nazis" as, is not what a lot of us in the West view it as.  To a lot of them, it's about Ukrainians who believe Ukraine is its own nation (literally Ukrainian nationalists), to others it's about Germany Nazis of WWII and the betrayal of Nazi Germany when they turned on the Soviet Union, etc. and so the anger isn't so much about the Holocaust, etc., it's about the Germans betraying the Soviets.

Anyways, it's a very nuanced subject that a lot of the mentally ill conspiracy types fail to grasp.

Yeah I’ve learned through this that his tactic is to choose an ambiguous subject he knows (or thinks) no one will know about that he can use to shock you and make his point. I’d seen snippets here to at least know what he was talking about, and after a quick couple reads, it just really didn’t register enough with me to really care. He just knows now he’s preaching (literally in this case) to the wrong choir. It really is that movie scene where the guy is asking “maybe we’re the baddies?” But he can’t see it. Real shame for an otherwise “smart” person.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

The female leaders of Europe have been killing it. I'd happily vote for Meloni, Kallas, Sandu, or Marin. Lots of Thatcher vibes.

This.
Not meant to be CR…

As much as I enjoy each of these European Leaders, one after the other, giving well thought out, forceful, and passionate speeches, I wonder where the American counterparts are? Kudos to the ladies for the damn the torpedoes mindset.

The Meloni speech? Damn!!! Even if you didn’t understand it, how the hell could you ever disagree with it.

Looking forward to the Hitler-esque parody the next time a players or a coach has the inevitable WTF moment.

2 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

What's his surly handle?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Probably not so coincidentally, with apologies to Worldwide, he is an aggy.

I let my brother go years ago over some crazy ass shit where he decided to steal my boat, but that is a story for another day. He is lost down a crazy ass rabbit hole about russia being wronged and it doesn't help his wife is a belarusian whore he found years ago. I digress. People are insanely maluable and you have to decide what it's worth to you. I left it with mine that if I see him again bad things will happen to him and SLAVA UKRAINI.

Edited by HOOKEM4
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

Oh okay so we're going to be watching videos of M1s and Leopard 2s "fighting" T-55s now?  That'll be....explosive.  At what point do they start trying to save ammo by just shooting through one T-55 to hit the next one back?

The Bradley’s will be able to do that.  
Easy

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7a9sa177hev2tyoaibo

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

please tell him you are surprised that he supports torture chambers and rape rooms - but you do you. 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Those who reached a conclusion without regard for the truth sure as shit aren't going to change their conclusion when presented with the truth.

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” - Mark Twain

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Sadly for me, he’s one step ahead of you, brother. 

I know, that was mean.  I have the luxury of not having a Maga brother. But I don’t know what to say or do when you have a sibling who essentially is a traitor to his country. I know it is hard for you and I apologize for my comment.

10 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I know, that was mean.  I have the luxury of not having a Maga brother. But I don’t know what to say or do when you have a sibling who essentially is a traitor to his country. I know it is hard for you and I apologize for my comment.

The struggle is real. He’s not a bad guy, per se, but he is an asshole. Love him (and definitely my nephews) but don’t always like him very much.

• Like 1