Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Let me tl;dr this as my Latvian family would say about ethnic Russians in Latvia:

how dare they don't care GIF by Fox Searchlight

I think the point of the thread is that they have every right to feel that way.

58 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is that Mila’s voice or do they have a singer for Meg?  It’s extra salty if it’s mila.

That's what I'm wondering.

spacer.png

SLAVA UKRAINI!!!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Well at the very least you watched him fly

Butterfly in the sky

Orc can fly twice as high

Take a look

Out the Chinook

It's human rainbow...

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Let me tl;dr this as my Latvian family would say about ethnic Russians in Latvia:

how dare they don't care GIF by Fox Searchlight

My best friend is working at one of the international schools in the Baltics and the parents of the Russian students that attend have complained about their kids getting "harassed" by the natives post UKR invasion. Attitude at the school has been "too bad - your country invaded Ukraine - what do you expect?"

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

And that’s a KO on the Kerch bridge even if Ukraine doesn’t advance any further, right?

By about 296 km from Kherson, and between 260 and 270 km right at the front lines in Zaporizhzhia, in certain spots.  So yes, if range is as advertised, and gps guided to a few meters, it's a kill shot.  Hitting it in a three or so spots would be crippling.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

And that’s a KO on the Kerch bridge even if Ukraine doesn’t advance any further, right?

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

By about 296 km from Kherson, and between 260 and 270 km right at the front lines in Zaporizhzhia, in certain spots.  So yes, if range is as advertised, and gps guided to a few meters, it's a kill shot.  Hitting it in a three or so spots would be crippling.  

anchorman will GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I think the point of the thread is that they have every right to feel that way.

That's what I'm wondering.

spacer.png

SLAVA UKRAINI!!!

Because I do have Latvian family, I will say this has been the policy of the Latvian government since the mid-ish 90s.  But because they were afraid of Russian invasion, they have basically not enforced the language requirement and allowed the Russian minority to flout the language law.  Now that Putin can’t bully the Baltic’s anymore, it’s FAFO. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

But because they were afraid of Russian invasion, they have basically not enforced the language requirement and allowed the Russian minority to flout the language law.  Now that Putin can’t bully the Baltic’s anymore, it’s FAFO. 

I don’t think the average superiority complex Russian has figured out yet that this is going to be their new normal.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

While majority in Russia remains detached and prefers to avoid bad thoughts, those who dare to think are increasingly accepting that the war is likely to end with a defeat 4/23

A lot of people still think Russia will pull this out somehow, that they are the still the fabled Red Army...but a lot of the 40-something and up Russians remember Afghanistan ....prior to the last year's main invasion, Russia had about 300,000 active duty soldiers. By the time the war in Afghanistan wound down in the 1980s (albeit the Soviets only had around 125,000 troops in Afghanistan at the peak), the Soviet/Red Army had around 3.6 million active duty troops (spread amongst the various Soviet Republics, Ukraine included), and those millions of active duty troops were actually trained and equipped.  And Afghanistan (and sanctions) hurt the Soviet economy in a big way, but not nearly as bad as here in 2023.

And here in 2023, Russia has a small fraction of the troops that the Soviets had available in the 80s, and Russian forces are being humiliated/killed on a daily basis, with a lot of it being filmed and distributed in a way that the 1980s Soviet society could not comprehend, since the Soviet government kept a lot of that stuff out of the public eye.  Yet, the Afghanistan veterans came back, and reports came through that things were not going well, and it weighed heavily on the public conscious.

Here in 2023, I'm wondering if a lot more Russians are getting a much more accurate picture of what's happening in Ukraine versus Soviet civilians and Afghanistan in the 1980s, even if it's not the most accurate.  Hell, I'm still trying to figure out Prigozhin's audience, but me thinks it's his own guys he's talking to, because there's no way his videos are getting to Putin.

My gut says that a lot more people have got to be aware that things are not going well. The fact that the Russian government publicized the hell out of the early gains, and then now we are at day 430-something of the 3-day Special Military Operation, and those Russians who care to watch the official state TV shows in the evening have now endured over 400 days of Russian government talking heads whining about how they are fighting NATO and there's a distinct lack of "we're gonna take Kyiv" and "we're gonna take Odessa", and instead threats of nuking Europe/America because Russia can't win conventionally.

I'm probably wrong, but shit, the Russian civilians have to be thinking about the fact that it's 400+ days into this war that was promised to be over quickly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Prior to this war, how confident were we that our Patriots could take out those hypersonic missiles? 

This particular missile is basically just a normal ballistic missile. This is what the current Patriot system is designed to engage. So, I would say quite confident. A hypersonic weapon that can maneuver would be a much harder intercept, like supposedly Russia's Avanguad.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

ImageImage 

Putin will kill them all and burn the Kaliningard to the ground before anything like this happens.,  Absolutely not happening as long as he is alive and Russia is mostly in tact.  The dissolution of Russia is the only way this happens.  (Though I am in favor of it).  

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Screw it.  Let's put them in NATO.

Speaking of NATO, Japan is opening a NATO liaison office, the first one in Asia.   Japan is liable to wind up in NATO somehow.  NAPTO?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/10/asia/japan-foreign-minister-hayashi-nato-intl-hnk/index.html

Way to fucking go Putin

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 7