Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Speaking of NATO, Japan is opening a NATO liaison office, the first one in Asia.   Japan is liable to wind up in NATO somehow.  NAPTO?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/10/asia/japan-foreign-minister-hayashi-nato-intl-hnk/index.html

Way to fucking go Putin

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

they can't. only European states can apply for membership.

Article 10

The Parties may, by unanimous agreement, invite any other European State in a position to further the principles of this Treaty and to contribute to the security of the North Atlantic area to accede to this Treaty. Any State so invited may become a Party to the Treaty by depositing its instrument of accession with the Government of the United States of America. The Government of the United States of America will inform each of the Parties of the deposit of each such instrument of accession.

Japan may not be able to be in NATO, although I'm sure we could amend the charter somehow. At the same time, I'm sure NATO could unilaterally sign some form of wholesale treaty with Japan/Australia/South Korea that makes it basically the same thing. Might as well get to work on the problems in the Pacific as well, right?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Speaking of NATO, Japan is opening a NATO liaison office, the first one in Asia.   Japan is liable to wind up in NATO somehow.  NAPTO?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/10/asia/japan-foreign-minister-hayashi-nato-intl-hnk/index.html

Way to fucking go Putin

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

There is only one ocean…

Spoiler

6cc48116-61cf-4109-972d-6a894c4e1547_tex

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Japan may not be able to be in NATO, although I'm sure we could amend the charter somehow. At the same time, I'm sure NATO could unilaterally sign some form of wholesale treaty with Japan/Australia/South Korea that makes it basically the same thing. Might as well get to work on the problems in the Pacific as well, right?

nobody would care about that alliance unless the big dog was in.  and we might be interested to contain china.

edit - thought you were saying the pacific states only.  missed the part where you said nato joined.  oopsie

Edited by BehoId, The Underminer!
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

they can't. only European states can apply for membership.

What if someone gave Japan an island or some acres of land so that they could claim it as part of Japan?  

What if Japan bought some of those square feet for sale from Scotland ( https://www.scotlandtitles.com/ )... I mean NATO can't refuse a Scottish Lord, right?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

It's not like there is going to be some sort of official announcement, but I think we can safely say that the counteroffensive has begun, right?

appears so.

i'd say it's more they are attacking targets of opportunity due to Russian attrition.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

We used to have that, it was called SEATO (Southeast Asia Treaty Organization), but it got disbanded in 1977: https://history.state.gov/milestones/1953-1960/seato#:~:text=In September of 1954%2C the,gaining ground in the region.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I would not be surprised to see NATO evolved to be a new version of the UN without Russia and China and with more bite when it comes to stopping wars and genocides.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

It’s starting to feel like the Russian occupation could collapse much faster than I thought was possible.

Military operations often fail the same way that people go bankrupt: very slowly....then all at once.  Failure and collapse are very contagious.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

It’s starting to feel like the Russian occupation could collapse much faster than I thought was possible.

Man. It looks like everything is a rotten house of cards with them at this point. "How are you a superpower?" seems pretty prophetic.

I'm here for it.

Edited by Stilicho

2 hours ago, MillerEP said:

^NSFW Warning: Blew his own brains out over a broken leg. During my entire time in the Marines the thought that my buddies wouldn't do everything in their power to save me if I was injured is just unfathomable. This tells you a lot about the Russian Army and the situation they put themselves in.

For me, watching him trying to stand on his broken leg and it collapsing was way more cringey than watching him take his life a few seconds later. 

• Hook 'Em 6